Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who'll do better in 2014?
Alonso 7 36.84%
Räikkönen 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Apr 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3396376)   #151
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
its good to be Kimi!

noticed on GP.com that Kimi was rebuffing the claims that his dip in form is related to motivation.

i guess what bothers me about this is that he questions why this question keeps coming up.

perhaps im wrong but did he not specifically cite a lack of motivation as the reason he left the last time around?

not saying its the reason for his current lack of form but certainly imo fair play that this question now dogs him.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3396802)   #152
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
its good to be Kimi!

perhaps im wrong but did he not specifically cite a lack of motivation as the reason he left the last time around?
Maybe you are right, but with Lotus, wasn't the issue that he wasn't being paid? Or do you mean when he left F1 as a whole?
Old 22 Apr 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3396826)   #153
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
I think Kimi has more important things on his mind these days

http://f1.imgci.com/PICTURES/CMS/24200/24247.jpg
Bag-snatching?

Only joking.....
Old 22 Apr 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3396831)   #154
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
Maybe you are right, but with Lotus, wasn't the issue that he wasn't being paid? Or do you mean when he left F1 as a whole?
yeah before the Lotus return. leaving Ferrari (or getting pushed out) and taking a sabbatical. like i said i could be wrong but i sort of recall Kimi citing a lack of motivation and a desire to try new things as the reasons for that.

to be fair thought i think he drove brilliantly for Lotus while not getting paid and that his performance only dipped after that fact became public knowledge and the team gave him a hard time on the radio (India 2013?).

another reason for the lack of form this year could be related to his surgery to address lingering back problems last year...possibly he has yet to fully recover?
Old 22 Apr 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3396835)   #155
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
yeah before the Lotus return. leaving Ferrari (or getting pushed out) and taking a sabbatical. like i said i could be wrong but i sort of recall Kimi citing a lack of motivation and a desire to try new things as the reasons for that.

to be fair thought i think he drove brilliantly for Lotus while not getting paid and that his performance only dipped after that fact became public knowledge and the team gave him a hard time on the radio (India 2013?).

another reason for the lack of form this year could be related to his surgery to address lingering back problems last year...possibly he has yet to fully recover?
Kimi says the problems are to do with his driving style not suited to the car and he needs to do more work on set up.
He is dismissive of those who suggest motivation is his problem.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3396862)   #156
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bag-snatching?

Only joking.....
I don't think he was looking at her bag...
Old 22 Apr 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3396871)   #157
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Kimi says the problems are to do with his driving style not suited to the car and he needs to do more work on set up.
He is dismissive of those who suggest motivation is his problem.
Yes I read the same. The language he used to dismiss these suggestions was vintage Kimi....
Old 22 Apr 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3396890)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He really is such a vintage chap these days, isn't he.......
Old 10 May 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3404518)   #159
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The vintage chap outqualified Alonso...again.
Old 10 May 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3404532)   #160
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Three hundredths ahead. Kimi is absolutely destroying Alonso this season.
Old 10 May 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3404571)   #161
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes exactly...Alonso is being shamed into retirement.
Old 10 May 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3404599)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think I know who'll retire first.......
Old 12 May 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3405351)   #163
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Kimi number 2.

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/video...ter-race-97787
Old 12 May 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3405420)   #164
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what I love about Kimi. He'll talk to anybody...
Old 7 Jun 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3416398)   #165
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Kimi walks all over Alonso in Montreal P2!
Old 8 Jun 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3417243)   #166
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that what it has come to? Kimi fans taking pride in sneaking one over Alonso during a practice session?
Old 8 Jun 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3417247)   #167
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Is that what it has come to? Kimi fans taking pride in sneaking one over Alonso during a practice session?
We live in troubled times, Beryl
Old 9 Jun 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3417280)   #168
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really though, is Kimi having issues? Or is Alonso proving once again that he's just that much better.

I had to laugh when Massa physically overtook Alonso at this race. He could never, EVER get anywhere close to making a move on Alonso when they were teammates - so it just goes to prove how much better the Williams is than the Ferrari at the moment. It must really grate on Alonso as well. He'd be getting better results now if he switched to Williams!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3417293)   #169
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I missed the Canadian GP but judging by the previous GPs, Kimi either struggles for pace or he has terrible luck. Alonso on the other hand has a knack for keeping quiet, having no drama in these races and coming out with decent results.

One thing is for sure though, this year is definitely not Ferrari's year.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3417438)   #170
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Really though, is Kimi having issues? Or is Alonso proving once again that he's just that much better.

I had to laugh when Massa physically overtook Alonso at this race. He could never, EVER get anywhere close to making a move on Alonso when they were teammates - so it just goes to prove how much better the Williams is than the Ferrari at the moment. It must really grate on Alonso as well. He'd be getting better results now if he switched to Williams!
Now, that's an interesting prospect.
Would someone like Alonso consider Williams if he genuinely felt they could offer him another title crack? A Williams team on the up again must surely be attractive?
I bet SFW, Pat and co would love it!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3417454)   #171
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Would someone like Alonso consider Williams if he genuinely felt they could offer him another title crack?
From what I've seen so far this season, and I was Alonso, not a chance.

Williams continually throw away any chance of finishing on the podium, or even in the top 5-6 when there's opportunity to. It looks so deliberate, I sometimes think they've made some sort of a deal with Bernie. That, or Williams has THE worst strategists team on the grid. As an associate Williams fan, it's really sad to see.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:08 (Ref:3417455)   #172
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
From what I've seen so far this season, and I was Alonso, not a chance.

Williams continually throw away any chance of finishing on the podium, or even in the top 5-6 when there's opportunity to. It looks so deliberate, I sometimes think they've made some sort of a deal with Bernie. That or Williams has THE worst strategists team on the grid. As an associate Williams fan, it's really sad to see.
Yes but Alonso, being Alonso, this is where he could see himself making a real difference.

Plus he could get to tell Rod Nelson how to do his job properly again.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:02 (Ref:3422446)   #173
Chemistry88
Rookie

Chemistry88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Realistically speaking, I didn't think Raikkonen would beat Alonso this season but nonetheless I never expected Fernando to have the margin he has over Kimi.

I guess I was living in 2005, thinking Kimi would demolish Fernando.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3481505)   #174
GodSpeed
Rookie

Suriname
Zeta reticuli
GodSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry88 View Post
Realistically speaking, I didn't think Raikkonen would beat Alonso this season but nonetheless I never expected Fernando to have the margin he has over Kimi.

I guess I was living in 2005, thinking Kimi would demolish Fernando.
Times have changed my friend.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3481509)   #175
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I never thought Raikkonen would demolish Alonso. Alonso is the incumbent.

Thought they'd be closer but you can arrive at a new team and have a misstep, not get on with people, go on to lose motivation...et al

Raikkonen was quite the peddler with Lotus remember. You don't just fall off the cliff and Raikkonen towards the end of this season, upped his game. So maybe we'll see something of him next year. A Vettel Raikkonen clash might provide interest - and an off-chance for a surprise.

Last edited by Paradise City; 3 Dec 2014 at 16:12.