Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Apr 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3395983)   #126
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion this morning's race was a bit boring.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3395989)   #127
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
That chequered flag rule is stupid. Fortunately the only pass on the last two laps was for 17th and that didn't affect the standings in the slightest. But if they insist on staffing the venues with people who don't know what they're doing then they should at least consider scrapping the relevance of these flags and ending the race when it's supposed to.

They seemed to be randomly waving blue flags during the race also.
Tudor is the sponsor, after all!
Old 20 Apr 2014, 22:38 (Ref:3395995)   #128
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:

A bit boring.........as in Mercedes are going to win everything this season in a processional manner boring?..
Old 20 Apr 2014, 23:42 (Ref:3396014)   #129
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
After Bahrain, it was always going to be a case of whether the Chinese GP could compete and it didn't and having said that, the potential was there but it never delivered.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 02:54 (Ref:3396040)   #130
marc sproule
Racer

marc sproule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to what they told us on the u.s. broadcast hamilton ran the full distance after receiving the checkered flag one lap early.

he radioed the pits about it coming out early, they said run one more lap.

lap count showing on broadcast here had the right numbers.

don't know what the official results showed.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 03:13 (Ref:3396041)   #131
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
But if they insist on staffing the venues with people who don't know what they're doing then they should at least consider scrapping the relevance of these flags and ending the race when it's supposed to.
Clearly the organisers thought the race was getting a bit boring and decided to knock off early so they could go for a drink.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:07 (Ref:3396063)   #132
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A notable absentee from pitwall was one Adrian Newey. Who was spotted in the Porsche garage at Silverstone having a very close look at the WEC cars.

Let the rumours begin..

Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3396068)   #133
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
A bit boring.........as in Mercedes are going to win everything this season in a processional manner boring?..
In a way of almost no good scraps behind the mercedes cars boring.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:20 (Ref:3396069)   #134
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
A notable absentee from pitwall was one Adrian Newey. Who was spotted in the Porsche garage at Silverstone having a very close look at the WEC cars.

Let the rumours begin..

Maybe he finally sees that sportscar racing is more attractive then F1 racing...
Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:59 (Ref:3396086)   #135
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Maybe he finally sees that sportscar racing is more attractive then F1 racing...
Yes, well perhaps in terms of it being a more open format with regards to technical regs to allow more freedom and scope to fully exercise his creativity and ingenuity?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3396088)   #136
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This link provides a lot of great information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
http://www.fia.com/championship/even...ese-grand-prix

Click on: Event and Timing Information
I see Max Chilton posted a best lap only 2.4s off the best set by the Mercedes. And both he and Kobayashi were faster on the day than Button. Interesting.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3396266)   #137
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Errr - sorry to ask this - but where are the DOTOR, Rate the Race and Team of the Race threads for Shanghai? Should I start them myself? Who usually starts them? They are late coming for this race.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3396274)   #138
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Errr - sorry to ask this - but where are the DOTOR, Rate the Race and Team of the Race threads for Shanghai? Should I start them myself? Who usually starts them? They are late coming for this race.
A forum moderator has to start them and with those threads/polls that's Born Racer.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3396734)   #139
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A forum moderator has to start them and with those threads/polls that's Born Racer.
Okay, thank you for the reply.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3396970)   #140
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They seemed to be randomly waving blue flags during the race also.
I noticed a couple of instances of "inappropriate" blue flags. In both cases I think the backmarker had already been lapped, so presumably the marshal was getting information from race control or an earlier marshal's post and it was out-of-date by the time the cars reached him.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3397082)   #141
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can only speak for us lot in the UK here, but we aren't told when to blue anybody. We are given a "picture" of race progress over the radio from RC but are expected to use our judgement.

It's easy to blue flag incorrectly. A momentary lapse of concentration, an incident, cars with similar liveries, cars in unexpectedly high track positions, pit stops can all contribute.

In my earliest days as a marshal I was told that if I didn't throw the blue away in disgust at least once during a meeting (any meeting!) then I wasn't trying hard enough. I've got better at it since, but still make the occasional mistake.

But if I do, usually there's three blokes and a dog watching rather than 300 million people!
Old 23 Apr 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3397149)   #142
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I noticed a couple of instances of "inappropriate" blue flags. In both cases I think the backmarker had already been lapped, so presumably the marshal was getting information from race control or an earlier marshal's post and it was out-of-date by the time the cars reached him.
I would have thunk that with all the electronic wizardry, it would be possible to display a blue on the dash of the backmarker like the red and yellow flags are displayed, when any car was about to lap him!
Old 23 Apr 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3397151)   #143
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I would have thunk that with all the electronic wizardry, it would be possible to display a blue on the dash of the backmarker like the red and yellow flags are displayed, when any car was about to lap him!
I believe they do that as well.