Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Apr 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2671657)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Taling of this year's meeting, has anyone heard anything of the plans of our now somewhat reclusive (Ten Tenths-wise at least) former moderator......?

Old 13 Apr 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2671903)   #27
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rob will with us in spirit (is that a correct expression ?), but we hope that Fab will join us.
Of course i'll bring some cold Gewurz, and sparkling fruit juice for the children (at least mine).
Old 13 Apr 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2671905)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It would be really nice if we could have the largest get-together yet!
Old 13 Apr 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2672113)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's a shame mate, you need to come back before we finally get used to you not being there!!
I was asked to join Allon's group this year but, having said yes initially, I realiased the interest just wasn't there for some reason. I kinda thought about a last minute jump in the car and go thing but I have decided against it. Hopefully in a few years the interest will return but it's now been over 18 months since I last left a race track and I have to say... I'm not missing it
Old 13 Apr 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2672118)   #30
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll come along if I can find it - never been to Le Mans before so I have no idea which 'big tree' you mean.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2672146)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Look for the big yellow pin!!
Old 13 Apr 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2672148)   #32
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
I'll come along if I can find it - never been to Le Mans before so I have no idea which 'big tree' you mean.
Pascal has tagged the tree on Google Earth and there's also a picture of the tree on the link. Zoom out and you should get a feel for where it is, but basically, you go through the pedestrian/vehicle tunnel just inside the main entrance which takes you under the track. Turn right when you emerge the other side and you will be heading towards the new village. Keep walking until you get to the last tree before the permanent buildings and paved/concrete surface of the new village. Simples!
Old 13 Apr 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2672301)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
The first year i had trouble finding it but if you get into the new village and look for a group standing around an old large tree that will be us, it is at the dunlop bridge end of the main parade of retail (mostly team sponsers) outlets.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2672366)   #34
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
The trick is to go much further into the village (if you're coming from the Dunlop Bridge) than you expect.

Last year (my first meet) I hung around what I 'thought' was the tree for quite a while, almost approached complete strangers, and ultimately fell back on Pascal's pin - all hail Google Earth on a BlackBerry - and worked out where I was supposed to be. Before the event it had felt superfluous and even confusing, on the ground, with ready context to hand, it was invaluable!
Old 14 Apr 2010, 03:58 (Ref:2672437)   #35
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I met up for the excellent Friday pit walkabout last year, but missed the TT meet due to arriving late at the circuit. If an attempt on the biggest ever meet is on, then count me in
Old 20 Apr 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2676461)   #36
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I'll certainly be there with Hursty and probably a couple of others. Always good to see people. I still remember the first one, possibly 2003 (it was wet...) and under the big screen in the old style village. Fab was the first person I met and so it is always a particular pleasure to see him.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2676487)   #37
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
I'll certainly be there with Hursty and probably a couple of others. Always good to see people. I still remember the first one, possibly 2003 (it was wet...) and under the big screen in the old style village. Fab was the first person I met and so it is always a particular pleasure to see him.
There is a message !
Old 20 Apr 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2676913)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post

and for good measure.... 2004

Old 21 Apr 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2677125)   #39
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
2003, great memories...

but to be clear : the first ever TT meeting at Le Mans was for the 2003 test day; not much people there
Fab, Gilles, KPY (hiding in his car), FG1, his wife and daughter and KPY's friends
(photographer NOT included on the picture )

Old 22 Apr 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2677985)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is FG1 still about?
Old 22 Apr 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2678033)   #41
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Sadly FG1 hasn't posted since January 2006, and his last "activity" on the board was in November 2009.
I miss him!
Old 19 May 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2693994)   #42
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally sorted for Le Mans, after missing last years due to having to go to Knockhill... I'll try and remember to make this!
Old 19 May 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2694019)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Nothing much happens on the Saturday so it helps to pass the time. it's either that or watch some cars go round.

Seriously though we try to arrange the meeting during a lull in the track activities.
Old 19 May 2010, 13:07 (Ref:2694042)   #44
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The lull being the electric car parade this year, at least we will be able to converse without fear of being deafened!
Old 19 May 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2694074)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We must make sure we do not clash with that, it could seriously reduce numbers attending
Old 19 May 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2694147)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd think it would completely clear the tribunes and grandstands......
Old 19 May 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2694153)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd think it would completely clear the tribunes and grandstands......
Unless you had already fallen asleep, not much chance of those things waking the dead like the old mazda, which hopefully would completed the group c race by then.
Old 19 May 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2694306)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have some important news for regulars here over the years and particularly those who were at last year's meeting.

I had an email yesterday from our dear Le Mans pal Fab, who sadly tells me that he will not be at Le Mans this year. From what he tells me, he's become a very busy man indeed, both privately and professionally and there is little doubt that the fire that burned brightly for any years for the 24 Heures du Mans has, for the time being at least, died down considerably. Probably difficult for many of us to contemplate but we all have to move on some time, I guess. There is still some hope though as he's asked me to pass this greeting on to you all:-

"Say the best to the whole bunch of good lads at Le Mans, and count on me to be back...."
Old 20 May 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2694521)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I hope that like Mr Jones his absence is only temporary. we will raise a glass to those missing on saturday
Old 23 May 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2696758)   #50
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I will be trying to attend this gathering, but as a Le Mans virgin I have so many other things to think about that it might not happen.