Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Dec 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3175938)   #26
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't know who's going to win on track, but i'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the tantrums

Adding, I think Nico is a lot faster than he is given credit for.

Interesting times ahead!
Old 6 Dec 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3175942)   #27
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Adding, I think Nico is a lot faster than he is given credit for.

Interesting times ahead!
I couldn't agree more. Nico is probably the most underestimated driver in Formula 1 these days.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3175950)   #28
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
However, in typical arrogant fashion, he has dismissed Rosberg as a competitor. He's going to look pretty stupid when Nico rolls him. However, he will be "unlucky" of course and passing a HRT and a couple of Caterhams will reassure his fans of his greatness
Has he?

Anyway, he won't be passing anyone in an HRT. Keep up.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3175971)   #29
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know, Nico was very highly rated until MSC joined, since then he has really struggled to get any good results in.

Difficult to judge the relative pace of the Merc over the last few seasons really.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 00:39 (Ref:3175994)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is that the new Mercedes team uniform? Wings on the shirts as well as on the cars?

That's 70's downforce right there init...
Old 7 Dec 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3175999)   #31
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One things for sure, Mercedes will be the only team garage equipped with a hair salon, 2 full time beauticians & wall to wall mirrors.

They're also working on new telemetry software, mainly an 'Egometer' to compare levels of F.I.G.J.A.M

Also l believe SKY is working with Mercedes in developing an 18 part series called 'So You Think You Can Drive!'

.....if only they focused on the 'one' important objective!
...oh well!
Old 7 Dec 2012, 04:46 (Ref:3176044)   #32
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found it interesting that Rosberg got the higher number (meaning if neither set a lap time in qualy, Rosberg will start in front).

I think Rosberg is underrated now, but he's very inconsistent. He had some struggles in 2012, but then there were times when he left MS in his dust, like the race he won. MS was going to struggle to hold onto 3rd before he retired.

I guess if the Mercedes is a fast car and doesn't have issues with the tyres, which is perhaps where Nico struggled compared to MS, then he'll be fast. Same could be said with Lewis, he's never been one to take care of his tyres much.

I think Lewis will be consistently faster than Nico, just as he was over Button, but only by a small amount. And being faster doesn't mean he'll outscore him. Nico is perhaps a much better qualifier than Jenson too - that could make some difference.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3176071)   #33
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
And also complete rubbish.
I apologise for finding something funny
Old 7 Dec 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3176094)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think one or two people need to grow up and put their rather childish dislike of LH to one side...... I mean, if I have to do that for Vettel, it's only fair.......
Old 7 Dec 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3176172)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Nico has experience with the car, the team and the environment. Nico showed Michael the door. Will Lewis gain an immediate advantage by being the perceived number one? It should be interesting.
Wow, for a second I thought we're one season ahead but I checked and we're still in 2012.

Using my experience of 41 years watching F1, I'll wait for the races to happen before I make any conclusions on this matter. Things are not like it seems and surprisingly sometimes they are !
Old 8 Dec 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3176606)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I apologise for finding something funny
Please refrain in future.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3176658)   #37
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'll try, but a bit difficult for those of us who have a sense of humour
Old 10 Dec 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3177056)   #38
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
I'll try, but a bit difficult for those of us who have a sense of humour
Stiff upper lip old boy ... as long as you don't vote for Jerry in DOTR
Old 10 Dec 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3177124)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think Hamilton will hammer Nico on pure pace, as he has done to Button on the whole, but then Jenson is a better all round driver than Nico. Lewis has learnt a lot these last 2 seasons and will be more fired up than ever imho.

It ought to be a 'whitewash at the silverhouse' (sorry terrible line that)

If Hamilton lets his head drop, Nico will sense his opportunity though.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3177162)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Stiff upper lip old boy ... as long as you don't vote for Jerry in DOTR

Jerry? If that's intended to mean what I think it means - wow, hilarious.....
Old 10 Dec 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3177253)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well people are laughing at something or someone.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 01:58 (Ref:3178830)   #42
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a bet with a friend that Lewis will be on the podium at least once next season , I think he may spring a couple of surprises . I am not a huge Lewis fan but for me he will have the upper hand against Nico . This is not a diss towards Nico, i think he is underrated and on his day can be as quick as anyone else on the track . Trouble is "his days" dont come around too often . I had better start saving !!
Old 15 Dec 2012, 06:20 (Ref:3178845)   #43
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
I have a bet with a friend that Lewis will be on the podium at least once next season
To be fair, both Michael and Nico managed a podium in 2012, so Lewis getting one isn't unrealistic.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3178874)   #44
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
I have a bet with a friend that Lewis will be on the podium at least once next season , I think he may spring a couple of surprises . I am not a huge Lewis fan but for me he will have the upper hand against Nico . This is not a diss towards Nico, i think he is underrated and on his day can be as quick as anyone else on the track . Trouble is "his days" dont come around too often . I had better start saving !!
On the podium yes, top step now that would be another punt.
I wonder what odds the bookies will give for Lewis to not win a race next year?
Old 31 Dec 2012, 01:30 (Ref:3183159)   #45
hannabyjj
Rookie

hannabyjj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lewis to win hands down........................

..............but that's what i thought would happen against Jenson and it didn't.
Last season no this season he did beat him hands down
Old 1 Jan 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3183589)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannabyjj View Post
Last season no this season he did beat him hands down
So overall, it didn't go as expected then?
Old 1 Jan 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3183643)   #47
kartincolin
Rookie

Ireland
Cavan, Ireland
kartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The safe bet would be to say that Hamilton will quickly emerge as the quicker of the two drivers. But in a different environment, and a different car, things may not prove qute so simple for Lewis.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3183705)   #48
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So long as LH is the centre of attention, he'll do just fine. Best to wait for the honeymoon to wear off before seeing where it all lands. Yes he's fast but as we've all seen, it doesn't take much 'off track' stuff to get his mood swinging & that's not the kind of thing Mercedes would take much of.....

Will be interesting to see if his friendship with Nico (from Germany) survives the deal.

Place your bets.....

Old 2 Jan 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3183732)   #49
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oran Park Forever View Post
So long as LH is the centre of attention, he'll do just fine. Best to wait for the honeymoon to wear off before seeing where it all lands. Yes he's fast but as we've all seen, it doesn't take much 'off track' stuff to get his mood swinging & that's not the kind of thing Mercedes would take much of.....

Will be interesting to see if his friendship with Nico (from Germany) survives the deal.

Place your bets.....

Honeymoon? I think he will find his team mate right on it from the beginning. Well prepared, fast and consistent.

Lewis better be right on his game from the off.

Whether Mercedes can provide either of them with a competitive car is another matter.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3184353)   #50
hannabyjj
Rookie

hannabyjj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So overall, it didn't go as expected then?
no but I think at the end of it even though Jenson is good it is clear he isn't really a match for hamilton, obviously though on Lewis' off days he can easily be shown up by Button.