Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2014, 05:41 (Ref:3419050)   #726
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought that was exactly what happened. It's just that they reached a conclusion you disagree with.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3419101)   #727
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Didn't Lewis also run across a chicane when he had brake problems?
Old 12 Jun 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3419324)   #728
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes he did. And handed the place back to Rosberg.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3419757)   #729
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough it happened at the point I nodded off!
Old 13 Jun 2014, 07:34 (Ref:3419781)   #730
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire

If we're talking about the same incident. At one point I'm pretty sure Lewis missed the last chicane and in doing so came out in front of Rosberg, so slowed on the pit straight to let Rosberg retake the position.

It's equally likely that I was also nodding off by then and dreamt that part.

Old 13 Jun 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3419862)   #731
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I should add that I was watching it two days later.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3419951)   #732
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post

If we're talking about the same incident. At one point I'm pretty sure Lewis missed the last chicane and in doing so came out in front of Rosberg, so slowed on the pit straight to let Rosberg retake the position.

It's equally likely that I was also nodding off by then and dreamt that part.

Here's the clip of the incident. Hamilton gets passed Roberg and in doing so straightens the chicane. He hands the place back to Rosberg and then Hamilton's car loses power.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27757276
Old 13 Jun 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3419960)   #733
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Here's the clip of the incident. Hamilton gets passed Roberg and in doing so straightens the chicane. He hands the place back to Rosberg and then Hamilton's car loses power.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27757276
This is a very straightforward situation to rectify and I'm sure Rosberg - or anyone else on the grid for that matter - would have done exactly the same. I don't know how you'd go about objectively remedying a time gain though... particularly if it was small.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3422543)   #734
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember a few years ago in Monza they had a strict three chicane cuts and a drive thru is automatically issued. They should reintroduce something similar. 1 strike for a simple track limits transgression, 2 strikes for an incident like rosberg's where failure to adhere to track limits may have resulted in a lost place, 3 strikes if a pass is made by going off track if it isn't ceded. 3 strikes = a penalty. Simple.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3422554)   #735
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I remember a few years ago in Monza they had a strict three chicane cuts and a drive thru is automatically issued. They should reintroduce something similar. 1 strike for a simple track limits transgression, 2 strikes for an incident like rosberg's where failure to adhere to track limits may have resulted in a lost place, 3 strikes if a pass is made by going off track if it isn't ceded. 3 strikes = a penalty. Simple.
Who was it that said to the question back in the day:

"How do we stop them cutting the corner?"

"Build a wall!"

These drive by run offs are just another initiative of the big teams to ensure that he who has the best and fastest equipment is assured of a win, even when he screws up!
Old 21 Jun 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3424482)   #736
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet again I see Lewis partly showing his hand in and topping the time sheets in the practice sessions while the intelligent Nico seems to sit back, holds off/sandbags, studies Lewis's data and saves it all for Q3.

No it hasn't always worked to Nicos advantage but I cant help but wonder when its finally going to click with 'fastbutdim' what he's up to.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 07:33 (Ref:3424483)   #737
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a bit tenuous.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3424488)   #738
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico View Post
Yet again I see Lewis partly showing his hand in and topping the time sheets in the practice sessions
Sessions? Nico topped FP1, Lewis topped FP2. One all.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3424495)   #739
Zico
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Sessions? Nico topped FP1, Lewis topped FP2. One all.
FP1 never really counts for anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That's a bit tenuous.
Yes, perhaps and I'm almost definately completely wrong...

My sincere apologies for talking out my erse , I'm gonna have to steer well clear of the keyboard when hung over in future.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3424500)   #740
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably best.
Nico is the more 'thinking driver'. However that practice session does not show that. Still it was a simple way for you to be able to use the fastbutdim line. Good job.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3424507)   #741
Zico
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Still it was a simple way for you to be able to use the fastbutdim line. Good job.
I really rate Lewis as a driver but he can be a bit dim sometimes. Sorry if you found that offensive enough that you felt the need for sarcasm.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3424508)   #742
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Not insulting you, just thought your point was weak.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3424515)   #743
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico View Post
Sorry if you found that offensive enough that you felt the need for sarcasm.
Says the one who seems to find sarcasm offensive?

How's that hangover?
Old 21 Jun 2014, 10:41 (Ref:3424527)   #744
Zico
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Says the one who seems to find sarcasm offensive?

How's that hangover?

It's fine now thanks, I poofed out, hit the cocodamol and now ready for anything.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3424657)   #745
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Hamilton has temperament issues not intelligence issues. Rosberg is more ordered and disciplined. I think Hamilton's overly insular upbringing under McLaren protection is probably responsible.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3424942)   #746
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have concluded that both of them have a gentlemans agreement
to not be so publically pal'sy wal'sy at the track in order to keep their
competitive edge razor sharp.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3424960)   #747
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Hamilton has temperament issues not intelligence issues. Rosberg is more ordered and disciplined. I think Hamilton's overly insular upbringing under McLaren protection is probably responsible.

Yeah - that's probably about right.

I think that Hamilton is finding Nico is a tougher competitor than he thought that he would be.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3424973)   #748
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Perfectly put.

You don't reach the top in any sport by being stupid.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3424992)   #749
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It's pretty close
Old 22 Jun 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3425027)   #750
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I have concluded that both of them have a gentlemans agreement
to not be so publically pal'sy wal'sy at the track in order to keep their
competitive edge razor sharp.
I would hope so. Hamilton didn't congratulate Rosberg post race. Neither of the 2 even batted an eye at each other. Hamilton just went straight to Bottas. I see nothing wrong. They are bitter rivals. They shouldn't have to be forced to "get along" whether they are teammates or not.