Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Apr 2013, 07:10 (Ref:3230717)   #26
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Is it just me, or is this meeting becoming more and more "wet" (wet=LOTS of alcohol)
Why do you think Ayse and I are unable to move from our grandstand seats until about 4 hours into the race?
Old 8 Apr 2013, 07:34 (Ref:3230731)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The tenth's meet is a social event that includes some refreshments some of which have been known to be alcoholic
Old 8 Apr 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3230866)   #28
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Why do you think Ayse and I are unable to move from our grandstand seats until about 4 hours into the race?
It amazing you even get there
Old 8 Apr 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3230875)   #29
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Mmmm, yes, that sounds good. I have an unopened bottle of Taylors Select, if that's any use....?
I trust it will be decanted before we imbibe!!

I've got at least 1 or 2 half decent bottles of Port lying around.. Which I can bring along.

Possibly a decent Cheddar on top to go with that. The Oxford Cheese Company do some excellent cheeses which I can pick up beforehand.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3230878)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
At this rate we will all be to fat to move luckily we will be right next to the track ready for the 3.00pm start
Old 8 Apr 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3230882)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yeah, they breathalyse you before they let you out!
Old 8 Apr 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3230887)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I would not want to take a breathalyser at any time while I am at Le mans, that is why I get Helen put on the insurance, the odd dent and a few quid are better than the thought of a french police station
Old 8 Apr 2013, 14:21 (Ref:3230937)   #33
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Where there's a will......

....there's an inheritance.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3230962)   #34
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And so it begins...

I find this thread and I'm immediately filled with regret that I won't be there this year. I'll get up early Saturday morning and try to time it right that I have a glass of wine at 5AM when you guys are toasting another Tenths meeting at noon. If nothing else, I'll be there in spirit.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3230965)   #35
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe we could set up a webcam?
Old 8 Apr 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3230967)   #36
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Assuming I can learn over two days how to get to that point, I'll be there.
don't worry .. i do know

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Apr 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3230976)   #37
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Maybe we could set up a webcam?
iPhone Facetime or Skype. Although, I would imagine it would be fairly difficult to get wi-fi or a network signal.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3230991)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I am sure that we will raise a glass or to to all those not attending this year or perhaps we could all say cheese and send a picture
Old 8 Apr 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3231019)   #39
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I am sure that we will raise a glass or to to all those not attending this year or perhaps we could all say cheese and send a picture
On board for this idea .
Old 8 Apr 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3231020)   #40
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Will be there with my dutch Friend Ton . Looking forward to see a lot of Friends .
Old 8 Apr 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3231041)   #41
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Never mind saying cheese, the whole week there is a big smile on my face, bet on yours to.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3231048)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes I do smile a fair bit while there but everyone usually takes that as a sign I have had to much red Wine
Old 8 Apr 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3231092)   #43
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a good time to admit I belong to a cheese club?
Old 8 Apr 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3231108)   #44
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Is this a good time to admit I belong to a cheese club?
Adicted to a cheese club, yes indeed. Smile you are on the Tenths meeting thread.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3231110)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
'Mmmm, Camembert - bring hither le fromage de la Belle France.....'
Old 8 Apr 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3231117)   #46
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
We have quite a contrast in here, as I don't like cheese as anything else than a Topping
Old 8 Apr 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3231144)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well Cheese is a topping for biscuits, and with a nice wine even better
Old 8 Apr 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3231150)   #48
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
'Mmmm, Camembert - bring hither le fromage de la Belle France.....'
hum!hum! Camembert le fromage de la Belle France !!!!!
[url]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qXTzi99gJDE/T1oVWDyYAZI/AAAAAAAAA2A/o8K8ybE8sr4/s1600/camembert.jpg
Old 8 Apr 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3231157)   #49
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be a highlight of the weekend to meet you all again and share the wonderful hospitality of our French friends.
Counting the days...
Old 8 Apr 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3231166)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I was merely quoting Mr. Cleese.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_Shop_sketch