Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3269150)   #26
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad to say it but probably not.

Hopefully I will get on the course I'm after so will be teaching through june, though if anything chances and i can get a last minute train i will be there, if not someone else will have to be embarrassed by my dad!
Old 24 Jun 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3269177)   #27
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a heavy race this year but never a doubt about 2014.

This year seemed to bring a lot more first-timers out of the woodwork and I think next time we'll see even more. Which has to be a good thing.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3269199)   #28
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Sad to say it but probably not.

Hopefully I will get on the course I'm after so will be teaching through june, though if anything chances and i can get a last minute train i will be there, if not someone else will have to be embarrassed by my dad!
Bit of forward planning and negotiation with some colleagues, a short hop to Ashford or Ebbsfleet, feet up on a nice Eurostar seat, transfer onto a TGV, and get to Tertre Rouge in time to have someone else cook you dinner? Sounds eminently doable to me.

In the event you don't make it (and sincerely hope this isn't the case) I'm sure Margaret and I can be relied on to keep your Dad on the straight and narrow (as much as possible....).

And yes, I suspect this is a declaration of intent to be there again come this time next year.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3269252)   #29
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Definitely going to return after 3 years in the wilderness. I even here Porsche are bringing along a LMP1 in my honour

And crikey, both TimD and Craig on the forum. Next thing Dr Austin will be back with his Porsche models, (that's one for people with very long memories)
Best news I've had all day Allon - looking forward to it already. (And we'll get the Craigster along one of these days, I'm sure.)

For those who are wondering "who the heck" - I have spent the last few years putting together a little bookshop in the depths of the Derbyshire peaks and my motor racing has been limited to Donington, Le Mans Classic and the Goodwood Revival for the last four years or so. So I'm somewhat out of the loop.

But if the sums add up, hopefully I'll be in a position to take on a couple more staff in the coming year and get my weekends back for a little motorsport, and the call of Virages Arnage et Mulsanne is almost impossible to bear right now.

You have no idea how complicated it is explaining the presence of Le Mans posters and a Bentley EXP 8 on the desk of an antiquarian bookshop.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3269683)   #30
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Great to hear from you Tim, glad that all is well and good luck with the business. Look forward to catching up properly over a glass of vin rouge next year.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3269694)   #31
H16OPY
Rookie

England
H16OPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm so hoping to finally get there been wanting to go for years. Fingers crossed they don't make the race any earlier as only get back from the Isle of Man TT on the 7th June.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3269696)   #32
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plans are already forming for next year. I will be there and hope to meet up with you all again.
Old 25 Jun 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3269700)   #33
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Great to hear from you Tim, glad that all is well and good luck with the business. Look forward to catching up properly over a glass of vin rouge next year.
TimD and Craig were before my time.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 01:56 (Ref:3269799)   #34
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pass has been approved by the enjoyment prevention officer (the missus)
Only 51 weeks to go
Old 26 Jun 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3269897)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Pass has been approved by the enjoyment prevention officer (the missus)
Only 51 weeks to go
I think it will be 50 weeks as next year it should be a week earlier
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3269907)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
TimD and Craig were before my time.
TimD and Craig were before their time.......
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3269910)   #37
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think it will be 50 weeks as next year it should be a week earlier
Good point its got closer already and flying from oz means I fly for 24hrs or more but land the same day I take off so it is 1 week and 1 day closer !!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3269914)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best get ready now!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3270043)   #39
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hotel already booked

Looks like we will be extending our stay be travelling over on the weekend before so we can see some scrutineering, and have a leisurely run up to the first track action on Wednesday.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3270045)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That is definitely the way to do it!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3270055)   #41
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm going, as are my dad and my uncle, but as for who else comes is completely up in the air. My sister will probably have exams, my girlfriend is desperate to come but might also have exams, and my mates who came this year may not have the money next time round. Then there's an extended group of 20 who seem to be doing LM on alternate years.

So, essentially, I am definitely going but that's absolutely all I know. Oh, and after we took the Panda down in glorious Martini livery, we've decided we'll have to take that again. Silk Cut Panda, surely not!?

I want to get there on the Tuesday in 2014, and hopefully camp at MB. Both may not be achievable due to who we may be going with....

Very envious of those of you who have the certainty to book it straight away!
Old 26 Jun 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3270080)   #42
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
He will be there as a competitor (if he gets selected by the ACO) but former winner Jan Lammers fully intends on going back, according to RTL GP (who broadcasted the 24H this year). Lammers will use a GT car; a Porsche seems the likely choice (Lammers drives a GT4 Porsche in the local Dutch GT4 series) but nothing confirmed yet obviously.

(source - sorry, only in Dutch: http://www.rtl.nl/%28/sport/rtl_gp/l...art_LeMans.xml)
Old 26 Jun 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3270097)   #43
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Good news! Hope it comes to fruition though, because I don't think Dutch GT4 is enough to get selected by the ACO.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3270329)   #44
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Nurburgring 24h has been apparently scheduled for 21st June. That doesn't leave many options then.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3270331)   #45
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
With N24 a week before/after, i think it'd be silly not to spin it out into a 10 day trans-european endurance trip.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3270421)   #46
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Still think it will be the weekend of 14-15 (as seen in my signature) because of 3 reasons:
-it's the 2nd full weekend of June
-a 3 week gap with the Classic Le Mans (4-5-6 of July)
-Nurburgring 24 Hours is 21-22 June
Old 27 Jun 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3270425)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The 21st is closer to the longest day, and that is how it was always worked out before, but, the clashes and the classic would I think make the 14th more suitable so I agree with Vince
Old 27 Jun 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3270473)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My money's on 14th/15th...... FWIW.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3270478)   #49
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to think that I'll be there, but old age is slowly taking its toll on me.

Camping is becoming increasingly difficult physically, but I'm reluctant to leave my current campsite for a hotel. Perhaps a caravan will be the answer, despite the horrendous thought of a 800km drive towing.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3270490)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
.....but I'm reluctant to leave my current campsite for a hotel.

Take it from me old friend, it aint so bad......