Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who'll do better in 2014?
Alonso 7 36.84%
Räikkönen 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Sep 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3303364)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen vs Alonso

Someone had to start it....

People are predicting a clash in personalities. Will Kimi even care about any drama? It will take Kimi a bit to get used to the car. He will feel at home since Ferrari are building the team around him with allison and De Beer coming from Lotus.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3303374)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of information, you have there !
Old 13 Sep 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3303466)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too early Pete.....
Old 13 Sep 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3303590)   #4
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Kimi does care. But if he starts to get under Alonso's skin he won't care to back off either. Then the toys and teddies will really start to fly.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3303642)   #5
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be the talking point in 2014 for sure. The Red Bull team mates will be largely forgotten because of this pairing.

Former Ferrari driver Alain Prost is expecting trouble for Ferrari next year.
Quote:

Former-Ferrari driver Alain Prost is expecting trouble at his former team next season following the announcement that Fernando Alonso will partner Kimi Raikkonen.

Alonso has only ever partnered a 'top' driver once before during his 12-year Formula 1 career and that was during the 2007 season when he went up against rookie Lewis Hamilton at McLaren.

The relationship was frought with tension and ended with the Spaniard leaving the team before his contract had expired.

It's unclear exactly what the reason for the trouble was, but many believe it was the result of going up against a rookie and not being favoured by McLaren's management.

Prost is hopeful that history won't repeat itself and says the idea of two 'number one' drivers in the same team is a positive for Ferrari.

"Speaking as a fan I would say it is good to have two number ones together," he said.

"I think it's a choice born from a certain tension between Fernando and the Scuderia that has been clearly evident during the year."

However, the pairing could potentially sour if Ferrari's management fails to manage it well, which is something Prost fears Stefano Domenicali may struggle with.

"Now he [Alonso] will no longer be the undisputed number one, at least not initially, and I'm not sure Stefano Domenicali has the ability of a Jean Todt or a Ross Brawn to handle a situation like this.

"In Italy the press applies a lot of pressure, so I presume that sooner or later there will be trouble," he added.

Story from: http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/displa....6e9ZskDZ.dpuf

Adding to the expected drama at Ferrari, Webber has told SkySports that Vettel will be in a Ferrari in 2017. Ferrari's deal with Raikkonen will see an vacant seat come up just as Vettel becomes a free agent. Hmmm...

"There are so many reasons why it's a bit of a gamble to help Ferrari.
"Two years left for probably both of them.
"What they do after that, obviously, is pick Seb up off the back of Red Bull and they keep moving from there."
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3303645)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post

People are predicting a clash in personalities. Will Kimi even care about any drama? It will take Kimi a bit to get used to the car. He will feel at home since Ferrari are building the team around him with allison and De Beer coming from Lotus.
Just a couple of points.....

1) It's a totally new car so surely Fernando will also take time to get used to it?

2) Ferrari building the team around Kimi? Not so sure about that !
Old 14 Sep 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3303660)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Exactly !
Old 14 Sep 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3303663)   #8
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
2) Ferrari building the team around Kimi? Not so sure about that !
Well, Domenicali employed Kimi because Allison wanted Kimi. Allison also wanted de Beer. Domenicali got him also. Two very recent Lotus/Kimi team members, now at Ferrari. Maybe Ferrari are looking to build the team around Kimi in anticipation of Fernando's departure?? And if Fernando does wave bye bye, will this open the door for Vettel to join his friend at Ferrari and then the attention turns to Seb while Kimi becomes the number two??

When Allison was announced as a Ferrari employee, that was the biggest hint of where Kimi was heading for 2014. But we had these crazy stories, and some people actually believing Kimi was heading to Red Bull. It was nothing but, well.. Bull. Kimi was never on Red Bull's radar.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3303665)   #9
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

You wouldn't build a team around someone you had signed for 1 year with a 1 year option.

Ferrari don't build a team for the driver.... the driver drives for their team...
They employed two good people because they were the best available.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 01:50 (Ref:3303679)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
You wouldn't build a team around someone you had signed for 1 year with a 1 year option.

Ferrari don't build a team for the driver.... the driver drives for their team...
They employed two good people because they were the best available.
That's right. Montezemolo said loud and clear, the team comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Di Montezemolo
"At Ferrari, everyone knows the interests of the team come first and only then those of the individual"
Old 14 Sep 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3303721)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Well, Domenicali employed Kimi because Allison wanted Kimi. Allison also wanted de Beer. Domenicali got him also. Two very recent Lotus/Kimi team members, now at Ferrari.
According to paddock insiders (as quoted on some websites/twitter) Kimi would have preferred to have stayed at Lotus, but there was too much uncertainty regarding Lotus's finances. So I think the fact that the guys you mentioned above actually went to Ferrari is coincidental.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3303788)   #12
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If he's not hampered by contractual restraints, I think Räikkönen could surprise Alonso.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3304496)   #13
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting vid...

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/39...n-monaco-2005/
Old 16 Sep 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3304797)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
According to paddock insiders (as quoted on some websites/twitter) Kimi would have preferred to have stayed at Lotus, but there was too much uncertainty regarding Lotus's finances. So I think the fact that the guys you mentioned above actually went to Ferrari is coincidental.
Yeah, I also think that the technical people were heading towards employment at Ferrari before Kimi decided to go there.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3304836)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well, let's hope for more of that in 2014. Alonso and Raikkonen. Oh and I guess some other bloke - sorry, great bloke () might have something to do with it.....
Old 17 Sep 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3305176)   #16
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Luca is tipping Kimi to beat Alonso....

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/kimi-...tezemolo-82418
Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3305184)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's a surprise - I expect Ferrari to now wind him up considerably......
Old 17 Sep 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3305341)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yeah, beat him up !!
Old 17 Sep 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3305350)   #19
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, for sure Kimi isn't going to pull over for Fern and no way would sign a #2 contract.
New car for both but maybe that's part of Ferrri's plan since the similarity in their styles is that they both will carry a dog.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3305365)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Yeah, for sure Kimi isn't going to pull over for Fern and no way would sign a #2 contract.
New car for both but maybe that's part of Ferrri's plan since the similarity in their styles is that they both will carry a dog.
And "dog" being the operative word here.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3315642)   #21
321Go
Veteran

Alonso: "For next year, with Kimi, we can do a very good championship for Ferrari, and try to again score as many points as possible.
"But I think in terms of speed, Felipe is not any slower. When they were racing together, Felipe was as quick as him in a way."

Kimi not faster than Massa?? The mind games have already started.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3315674)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
'Kimi!....Alonso-is-faster-than-you'. I wonder if Kimi would be quite so "magnanimous" ?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3315689)   #23
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Alonso will have the edge that the encumbents advantage will provide but there will be a couple of races in which Kimi will upstage the Spaniard when he edges him in qualifying. Kimi will obey a team order - only if he's out of it himself. Ferrari won't even try to hold him back otherwise.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3315712)   #24
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Alonso: "For next year, with Kimi, we can do a very good championship for Ferrari, and try to again score as many points as possible.
"But I think in terms of speed, Felipe is not any slower. When they were racing together, Felipe was as quick as him in a way."

Kimi not faster than Massa?? The mind games have already started.
Is Alonso trying to melt some ice before the new season begins?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3315723)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
He's wasting his time. To Raikkonen, it's like water off a Duck's back.