Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who'll do better in 2014?
Alonso 7 36.84%
Räikkönen 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Oct 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3315739)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Water off a comatose duck's back, most of the time........
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3315785)   #27
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Pretty transparent psychological warfare. Says more about The Spaniard than it does about Räikkönen.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3315788)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
more like water off a duck with a broken back's back
Old 10 Oct 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3315789)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Pretty transparent psychological warfare. Says more about The Spaniard than it does about Räikkönen.
I don't think it says anything at all - nothing unexpected, anyway. What did we think he'd say? 'Well yes, Kimi is superquick, much faster than Felipe and I won't see him for dust' ?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3315915)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I usually don't care with his speech, actually I don't care at all, but sometimes he can say one or two things that has some reasoning beyond the "my team is above the rest".
The exciting pairing is still a shot in the dark for me, I won't bet in anything other than a future clash of personalities, but then, maybe I'm totally wrong.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3315923)   #31
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Alonso: "For next year, with Kimi, we can do a very good championship for Ferrari, and try to again score as many points as possible.
"But I think in terms of speed, Felipe is not any slower. When they were racing together, Felipe was as quick as him in a way."

Kimi not faster than Massa?? The mind games have already started.
The only evidence available does suggest that Kimi is no faster than Massa. So what's the problem? Alonso is only stating the obvious, in a way.

Of course, there is no way to know how much Massa has lost after the accident, so how Kimi will fare against Alonso is still very much an unknown. Nevertheless, Alonso has not said anything controversial here.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3315934)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, but in the F1 subforum, we must scrutinise every quote for any hint of controversy and conspiracy that we can find - it is the very life-blood!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3315942)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could be worse, could be a quote about a hybrid system
Old 10 Oct 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3315968)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso and Kimi would be a hybrid pair ?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3315986)   #35
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Luca uses Kimi to wind Alonso up, Alonso responds with a deadpan putdown. It's motivational bickering within Ferrari.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3316032)   #36
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Luca uses Kimi to wind Alonso up, Alonso responds with a deadpan putdown. It's motivational bickering within Ferrari.
And people think that Vettel will go to Ferrari!

He would have to be out of his mind! RBR v Ferrari!
Old 10 Oct 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3316047)   #37
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
The only evidence available does suggest that Kimi is no faster than Massa. So what's the problem? Alonso is only stating the obvious, in a way.

Of course, there is no way to know how much Massa has lost after the accident, so how Kimi will fare against Alonso is still very much an unknown. Nevertheless, Alonso has not said anything controversial here.
Well he is saying that most of the time I will be faster is how I read it, but it's just BS anyway Kimi could care less...
Old 11 Oct 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3316182)   #38
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
So what's the problem?
No problem here. Is there a problem?
Just a small point of interest that I thought might get your attention, and waste your valuable time typing in a response. That's about it really. And it worked.

**Back on topic**

I sincerely hope Kimi gives FA a run for his money in round 1 2014. Then watch how things change inside the Ferrari garage for the rest of the year.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3316189)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think we're all hoping for a good battle between the two in 2014, hopefully a battle which also brings Ferrari much closer to RBR.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3316198)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think we're all hoping for a good battle between the two in 2014, hopefully a battle which also brings Ferrari much closer to RBR.
Me too, we know Alonso always gives his all, unless he's totally outpsyched...

With Kimi, he only knows one way to drive and that is fast... however I still doubt he will cause a commotion. He's gone there (or sent there by the Robertson's!) for the security of a good drive and getting paid. I am also fairly sure he knows he's gone there as no2 (at least for next season) which he is happy to accept if it means he gets to win a few races.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 10:11 (Ref:3316211)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
....and take home a few bob......
Old 11 Oct 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3316367)   #42
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it will be good to have two of the most light hearted characters in the same team, I suspect the jokes will fly, and the merry quips keep us all amused for hours on end. The friendly banter will be sheer delight over a race weekend, no doubt Luca will be in stitches.

All together;

"Happy days are here again ..........................."

bauble.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3316379)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I think it will be good to have two of the most light hearted characters in the same team, I suspect the jokes will fly, and the merry quips keep us all amused for hours on end. The friendly banter will be sheer delight over a race weekend, no doubt Luca will be in stitches.

All together;

bauble.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3316401)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

And the sotyr goes on...

http://translate.google.com.br/trans...084588%2C0.htm
Old 11 Oct 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3316413)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Well he is saying that most of the time I will be faster is how I read it, but it's just BS anyway Kimi could care less...
I read it as "If the Ferrari is quick next year then Kimi will be fast, if it's not, then I (Fernando) will be able to drive it quicker!"

But as you say, I doubt that Kimi particularly cares.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3316443)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Right now, I guess why should he. There is nothing left for him this season.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 00:06 (Ref:3316507)   #47
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
At this minute I bet Kimi is sobbing over Fernando's cruel remarks.

Remember guys. Words hurt.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3316622)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Except when the pay is good.......
Old 13 Oct 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3317470)   #49
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

All together;

bauble.

I see team building Alonso style, has already begun above!
Old 23 Oct 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3322137)   #50
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having previously lost interest at Ferrari, then with rallying... 'talk has it' that he's now lost interest with Renault (!)

Autosport story here.