Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who'll do better in 2014?
Alonso 7 36.84%
Räikkönen 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Oct 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3322316)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wouldn't be surprised at all. Kimi will probably up his game for the next couple of GPs, but he doesn't really need lotus any more, does he?
Old 24 Oct 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3322470)   #52
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all. Kimi will probably up his game for the next couple of GPs, but he doesn't really need lotus any more, does he?
I agree, I don't think he does... but if he thinks Enstone is tedious, can you imagine the situation awaiting him in Maranello !
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3323685)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But he should have a good idea of what he's going to be facing already.......
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3323708)   #54
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm a Raikkonen fan, excited to see him return to Ferrari and paired up against Alonso. Next year is going to be interesting. Ferrari had better step up and give them a worthy car. Two Champs driving their cars, no more excuses Ferrari.

How about that Massa? Loses his job, doesn't have one lined up for next year, all of a sudden he's fast again. Is that what it takes to motivate him to drive 100%? Not just threaten to fire him but to do it?
Old 28 Oct 2013, 03:27 (Ref:3324015)   #55
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
I'm a Raikkonen fan, excited to see him return to Ferrari and paired up against Alonso. Next year is going to be interesting. Ferrari had better step up and give them a worthy car. Two Champs driving their cars, no more excuses Ferrari.

How about that Massa? Loses his job, doesn't have one lined up for next year, all of a sudden he's fast again. Is that what it takes to motivate him to drive 100%? Not just threaten to fire him but to do it?
Or he has been running the test and development special up to now, and Ferrari have given up the chase this year and he now has equal equipment.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3324019)   #56
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honestly, it looks to me like the combination of the tire spec change and the move to the long wheelbase just isn't working for Kimi. He seems to be struggling for front end grip an awful lot of the time, the car pushing and washing out...the exact opposite of a Kimi-style car. Romain's happy with it though, so you could hardly fault the team for sticking with it as he's sticking with them.
Kimi isn't really racing poorly though. He doesn't look like a bored man with his opportunistic pass on his teammate in Korea or his robust defense today.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3324263)   #57
Dragger
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Honestly, it looks to me like the combination of the tire spec change and the move to the long wheelbase just isn't working for Kimi. He seems to be struggling for front end grip an awful lot of the time, the car pushing and washing out...the exact opposite of a Kimi-style car. Romain's happy with it though, so you could hardly fault the team for sticking with it as he's sticking with them.
Kimi isn't really racing poorly though. He doesn't look like a bored man with his opportunistic pass on his teammate in Korea or his robust defense today.
Good point.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3324284)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Raikkonen vs Alonso

Yes, I agree too. Lotus now need to fully support 'their' man but Kimi hasn't become a poorer driver overnight...
Old 28 Oct 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3324489)   #59
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Given that the long wheelbase is just different wishbones and a nose, if Kimi prefers the previous version you'd think he could go back there.
Or not?

Is it just they both prefer the new car, but it suits RoGro better?
Old 29 Oct 2013, 09:58 (Ref:3324640)   #60
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi's presence will impact on Alonso. Alonso will have no impact on Kimi. Not sure who will come out on top. Alonso does have a history of not performing well in an equal no. 1 situation, but he is older and wiser now. I've a feeling that it will all depend on how good the car is. Kimi will beat Alonso if the 2014 car is good, Alonso will win if there are issues with the car.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3324746)   #61
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
Kimi's presence will impact on Alonso. Alonso will have no impact on Kimi. Not sure who will come out on top. Alonso does have a history of not performing well in an equal no. 1 situation, but he is older and wiser now. I've a feeling that it will all depend on how good the car is. Kimi will beat Alonso if the 2014 car is good, Alonso will win if there are issues with the car.
Maybe I missed something but I don't remember seeing anything from Ferrari to the effect that Kimi and Alonso would be equal number one next year ? Given that Alonso's and Massa's current positions in the team would have been contractual when they last renewed, all the evidence would seem to indicate that Kimi has gone in as [a well paid] number 2.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3324794)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Maybe I missed something but I don't remember seeing anything from Ferrari to the effect that Kimi and Alonso would be equal number one next year ? Given that Alonso's and Massa's current positions in the team would have been contractual when they last renewed, all the evidence would seem to indicate that Kimi has gone in as [a well paid] number 2.
Yes, that is exactly what is going on and all the other stuff being put out is wishful thinking from some people.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3324811)   #63
Dragger
Racer

Quote:
I haven't seen anything to indicate Kimi is the #2 driver.

In fact, Kimi is a past Ferrari Champion, Alonso is not. Kimi's Championship is more recent than Alonso's, and Ferrari signed Kimi earlier this year after Alonso and Ferrari had a falling out where Alonso publicly criticized and insulted the team.

Ferrari have no patience for that, remember they flat out FIRED Prost for saying his Ferrari handled "like a truck."
Old 29 Oct 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3324826)   #64
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We've no evidence of what's in Alonso's or Massa's contract. I doubt that any F1 contract specifies whether or not a driver is #1 or #2. I would imagine that a lot of contracts say that the driver must follow team orders, tactics and policies, which during the Alonso/Massa era may mean the team is favouring Alonso for the drivers championship. Policies/orders etc. change with time depending on the circumstances. I've no doubt that if one of the two drivers gets a great start next year and is contending for the championship, team orders will kick in quickly. Nobody is bigger than the team at Ferrari. [the fact that Alonso had no say in his new team mate and would prefer if Kimi wasnt there proves that Alonso has less influence on these matters than in many other teams].
Old 29 Oct 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3324857)   #65
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't believe Kimi is under contract as a #2... I believe he's been hired to put Alonso tight on Ferrari's leech or jump ship.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3324930)   #66
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I don't believe Kimi is under contract as a #2... I believe he's been hired to put Alonso tight on Ferrari's leech or jump ship.
My intuition is that I don't think Kimi thinks he is number 2 either, somehow:

Nonetheless, claims that during Sunday's exchange, Raikkonen also said; 'you can tell that f***ing f***er Alonso that he's in for plenty of this f***ing s**t next year so he'd better be f***ing prepared' remain unconfirmed.

from: http://www.pitpass.com/50305/Boullie...-radio-outburs
Old 30 Oct 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3325312)   #67
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I agree. I think it's more a show of strength from Ferrari that they won't put up with Alonso's criticism of the team anymore.

If it is actually true that they went for Kimi because they wanted to push Fernando more in qualifying then they went for the wrong Lotus driver imo.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3325553)   #68
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kimi skips media day.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...-in-abu-dhabi/
Old 31 Oct 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3325598)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No great surprise there then.....
Old 31 Oct 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3325665)   #70
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I agree. I think it's more a show of strength from Ferrari that they won't put up with Alonso's criticism of the team anymore.

If it is actually true that they went for Kimi because they wanted to push Fernando more in qualifying then they went for the wrong Lotus driver imo.

I agree with you here, I really think they took the wrong driver.

I am pretty disappointed in Kimi's recent behavior, I really feel Lotus deserve to be treated better, they took a punt on him and he was handsomely rewarded, notwithstanding the dispute on points payment timing, which I honestly believe was always scheduled to take place at the season's end when Lotus are paid by the FIA!
Why would you carry this cost up front if you are a cash strapped team?

Ferrari are in big trouble if both Alonso and Kimi decide the car is a truck!

Can you imagine how they would behave if they formed a united front!
Old 1 Nov 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3325802)   #71
Dragger
Racer

Ferrari signed Kimi only to motivate Alonso to qualify better?

Lol, no.
Old 1 Nov 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3325815)   #72
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Kimi skips media day.
And the first time he showed up at the track was about 30mins ago. An hour before FP1!
Old 1 Nov 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3325889)   #73
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
And the first time he showed up at the track was about 30mins ago. An hour before FP1!
Always with style...
Old 1 Nov 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3325890)   #74
Dragger
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
In his 1st season in F1 he was usually asleep right before the race.
Old 1 Nov 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3325897)   #75
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
In his 1st season in F1 he was usually asleep right before the race.
Piquet and Hunt used to do the same, sometimes they were even in bed, but not sleeping.