Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Sep 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3457242)   #276
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the comments

Sorry hondafan37, I made that up. I thought you would recognise it as fan fiction.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3457246)   #277
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Sounds great but unfortunately it's not true.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 03:48 (Ref:3457427)   #278
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fantasy history is very good NabUru38, however Why is so hard that something like this happen?
There are 23 DTM cars, 8 BMW, 8 Audi and 7 Mercedes and There are 15 GT500, 6 Lexus, 5 Honda and 4 Nissan.
I would like an exchange of cars between the teams of both categories. Would it be crazy?
For example the DTM could be 6 BMW, 6 Audi, 5 Mercedes, 2 Lexus, 2 Honda and 2 Nissan and the GT500 could be 4 Lexus, 3 Honda, 2 Nissan, 2 BMW, 2 Audi and 2 Mercedes.
Of course I know that the brands should have teams of engineers in Japan and Germany increasing costs And should be a BOP to equalize cars (different engines and tires)
I think both series will win much in audience with 6 marks.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3457589)   #279
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The fantasy history is very good NabUru38, however Why is so hard that something like this happen?
There are 23 DTM cars, 8 BMW, 8 Audi and 7 Mercedes and There are 15 GT500, 6 Lexus, 5 Honda and 4 Nissan.
I would like an exchange of cars between the teams of both categories. Would it be crazy?
For example the DTM could be 6 BMW, 6 Audi, 5 Mercedes, 2 Lexus, 2 Honda and 2 Nissan and the GT500 could be 4 Lexus, 3 Honda, 2 Nissan, 2 BMW, 2 Audi and 2 Mercedes.
Of course I know that the brands should have teams of engineers in Japan and Germany increasing costs And should be a BOP to equalize cars (different engines and tires)
I think both series will win much in audience with 6 marks.
No real interest from the Germans to race in Japan, and no interest from the Japanese to race in Europe. At least not if they need to spend tens of millions.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 04:43 (Ref:3457730)   #280
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No real interest from the Germans to race in Japan, and no interest from the Japanese to race in Europe. At least not if they need to spend tens of millions.
If that's the case, then DTM shouldn't have shove their rulebook to Super GT in the first place.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3458295)   #281
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a thought I'd like to share with you:

Since Max Verstappen will be promoted to F1, where does this leave Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015? My guess is that he'll end up in DTM. So that'd make him the 2nd driver Red Bull parked in DTM. So why won't Red Bull open their own DTM team? Why not go even further? Red Bull has a partnership with Infiniti and thus with Nissan. Why shouldn't Red Bull bring some Nissan GT-Rs to DTM? I know they have 2.0l R4 turbos in SuperGT, but it's not the most difficult thing in the world to put a 4.0l V8 engine into the GT-R. I mean, with Red Bull putting so much money into F1 and their bazillion football clubs, they surely can afford DTM, right? I could see a Red Bull-Nissam DTM squad consisting of Sainz Jr., da Costa, Ekström (Since Red Bull sponsors him and his car) and maybe Vergne or some other driver that is affiliated with Red Bull.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3458314)   #282
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I kinda wondered why Red Bull didn't field a DTM team in the first place after DTM/ITR almost shoving their rulebook to Super GT, let alone a team fielding Nissan GT-Rs? It's the most baffling thing I've ever heard.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3458387)   #283
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a race at Zandvoort! Very pleased to see Mattias Ekström back on the top step of the podium.

http://www.touringcars.net/2014/09/d...zandvoort-race
Old 28 Sep 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3458391)   #284
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Here's a thought I'd like to share with you:

Since Max Verstappen will be promoted to F1, where does this leave Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015? My guess is that he'll end up in DTM. So that'd make him the 2nd driver Red Bull parked in DTM. So why won't Red Bull open their own DTM team? Why not go even further? Red Bull has a partnership with Infiniti and thus with Nissan. Why shouldn't Red Bull bring some Nissan GT-Rs to DTM? I know they have 2.0l R4 turbos in SuperGT, but it's not the most difficult thing in the world to put a 4.0l V8 engine into the GT-R. I mean, with Red Bull putting so much money into F1 and their bazillion football clubs, they surely can afford DTM, right? I could see a Red Bull-Nissam DTM squad consisting of Sainz Jr., da Costa, Ekström (Since Red Bull sponsors him and his car) and maybe Vergne or some other driver that is affiliated with Red Bull.
Why would Red Bull promote Nissan/Infiniti/Renault?
They are not exclusive bonded to them and have also good relationship with VAG and PSA.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3458400)   #285
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Why would Red Bull promote Nissan/Infiniti/Renault?
They are not exclusive bonded to them and have also good relationship with VAG and PSA.
I don't know, but all three manufacturers already have enough teams on their own...maybe Mercedes could give them two cars, which would get two questions out of the way: 1) Audi and BMW are still demanding from Mercedes that they run 8 cars and 2) Mercedes would have funding for two of their cars.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3458405)   #286
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I don't think it has any commercial value for Red Bull to run their own team.

IIRC Mercedes has some partnership with Monster Energy.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 18:25 (Ref:3458411)   #287
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Red Bull could try to build their own team, I agree.

But now they have Ekström (Audi) and Da Costa (BMW) with Red Bull liveries.

Sainz Jr. has Cepsa sponsorship, same as Toro Rosso but nothing else. Audi and BMW has Castrol, Mercedes has Petronas, so there's a conflict. Unless he switches (like his father did his whole career), I think that he could try IndyCar.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3458412)   #288
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
I don't think it has any commercial value for Red Bull to run their own team.
See this photo:

None of the drivers has a blue Red Bull firesuit. They all look like AUdi, BMW or Mercedes drivers.

Now see these photos:

Sponsors get a lot of value by owning the firesuits colors.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 19:12 (Ref:3458415)   #289
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
See this photo:

None of the drivers has a blue Red Bull firesuit. They all look like AUdi, BMW or Mercedes drivers.

Now see these photos:

Sponsors get a lot of value by owning the firesuits colors.
This is a good example why I don't like DTM.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3458416)   #290
MagVanisher
Veteran

Wow, their firesuits are so generic that I can't tell who's who! What a sad sight for DTM.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3458475)   #291
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Well, in V8 Supercars there are too many suits on black or dark blue.

But DTM looks almost like Wimbledon.

(Actually no, but anyway.)
Old 29 Sep 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3458511)   #292
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I like how Audi have put the red in the top of their suits as it puts then apart from the other two. Regardless of what sponsor is under the red part i see the red top and think Audi. BMW and Mercedes could learn from that.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3458534)   #293
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well at least you can identify Ekstrom on the first row by the Red Bull icon on his belly.
There's an easy fix for this by DTM: Team Rosberg, Team Abt, Team Phoenix all design their own overalls with minimal presence from manufacturers like Audi Customer Service and that's all.
Easy fix, isn't it?
Old 29 Sep 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3458560)   #294
MagVanisher
Veteran

Nah, it won't do! For me, I want DTM to stop being so corporate. It's so uniform that it's getting more boring... Does Germany have passion for this!?
Old 29 Sep 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3458632)   #295
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petrov eleventh. In the finale he has the last chance to score points and/or finish without retiring.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3458636)   #296
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Good race.

The quality of the race is no argument to skip Zandvoort event next year.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3458659)   #297
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Nah, it won't do! For me, I want DTM to stop being so corporate. It's so uniform that it's getting more boring... Does Germany have passion for this!?
No. IMHO it's a corporate advertising event like World Series by Renault, minus the free tickets but with three instead of just one manufacturers. Ratings are in decline, but still a good deal above any other motorsport, except F1 of course.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3458661)   #298
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No. IMHO it's a corporate advertising event like World Series by Renault, minus the free tickets but with three instead of just one manufacturers. Ratings are in decline, but still a good deal above any other motorsport, except F1 of course.
But it could be so much better...
Old 29 Sep 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3458693)   #299
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
But it could be so much better...
I'd been thinking this for a long time.... nowadays, I don't think that they can, at least not with the current set of people in charge at ITR and in the three manufacturers' motorsport departments.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3458867)   #300
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I'd been thinking this for a long time.... nowadays, I don't think that they can, at least not with the current set of people in charge at ITR and in the three manufacturers' motorsport departments.
To be fair, I think that Hans-Werner Aufrecht is really trying hard to make the DTM work. After all, he brought the Super GT-DTM cooperation forward. Speaking of: http://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm/...-14093002.html

Hopefully this class 1 fares better than the last one. Now for an added bonus, why not restart the ITC, with "best of" races from DTM, SuperGT or IMSA?