Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2014, 05:44 (Ref:3420203)   #201
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
what time is the gp C race (and will it be streamed) ?
in fact a link to the full timetable would be handy, and be much appreciated.
10:05 French time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

http://www.24h-lemans.com/fr/program.../20140614.html

Eurosprot shows it: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...41812&page=999
Old 14 Jun 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3420255)   #202
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Excuse my ignorance but, where are all the jaguars XJR-9´s and the Mazda 787 and the rest of the cool croup C cars? Why aren´t they at Le Mans?
Old 14 Jun 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3420266)   #203
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Excuse my ignorance but, where are all the jaguars XJR-9´s and the Mazda 787 and the rest of the cool croup C cars? Why aren´t they at Le Mans?
If they don't race in the Group C historic series how do you expect them to suddenly show up at LM?
Old 14 Jun 2014, 11:40 (Ref:3420279)   #204
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
I assume it's literally because they're priceless cars that people don't want to risk getting damaged.

The lineup was damn good though today, to be fair. It was just unfortunate that some of the say headline cars had issues. The Jaguar XJR-14 didn't race, the Jaguar XJR-11 was racing but only struggled round the track for a lap or so at half speed, the Mazda 767b was also racing but unfortunately disappeared after a lap. The beautiful Lancia LC2 was due to race as well but must of had issues.

Also the Le Mans car of the Group C era for me was racing. The early eighties Rothmans Porsche in full Le Mans spec aero. Sadly it also had problems but just to see it moving was a treat in my books.

Still had the Mercedes C11s, Nissan R90, Aston Martin AMR-1, lots of decent Porsche 956/962s and a car I'd never heard of before the GEBHARDT C91 which was pretty stunning.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3422687)   #205
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Nice to see the cars again but the field is just too small we really need more cars on track.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3422688)   #206
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Group C Racing is digging ist own Grave
Old 17 Jun 2014, 00:39 (Ref:3422800)   #207
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought it was a massive disappointment this year. I burnt out several of my dad's tapes of this era when I was little, so these cars resonate with me even stronger than the ones I saw when I was first taken to Le Mans. It's a massive shame that I've rarely seen any of these magical cars being given a proper go. This year's glorified parade, devoid of one of the most interesting cars, limping efforts and brief cameos from other iconic ones, was a pitiful spectacle and the epic Porsche Carrera Cup support race only went to highlight that.

I enjoy the post-war cars far more these days and I wouldn't complain if we saw the pre-war cars return. There are also plenty of 70s cars knocking about with owners I'm sure would be tempted by racing them at La Sarthe in the middle of June.

As for anything later than that, it looks like we'll struggle for 20 cars with much less of a chance of the majority of them being raced properly.

Never thought I'd say this, but unless the Group C lot sort themselves out, I'd take anything over them on Saturday morning.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 18:25 (Ref:3423521)   #208
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Full race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7oVuvTtMnQ
Old 18 Jun 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3423564)   #209
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say, having been 'brought up' on Group C, it was hugely underwhelming.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3423574)   #210
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a shame that some didn't show and others had problems, as the first half an hour of qualifying on Thursday was great, it certainly gave me goosebumps listening to the Mazda once again. I have captured some lovely moments with my camera which I will post in the Le Mans photos section on here once I have sorted them.

Paul.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3423577)   #211
Hans Stuck Fan
Rookie

Hans Stuck Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a race / event it was, at best, tepid. What it did for me, however, was open up the memory vaults.
Now I can fully remember, for example, Schumacher's early evening stints from 1991 and Jag's 2,3,4 finish from that year.
The sound of a 956/962 flat six is clear in my mind. Add to this, Nissan's immense 1990 assault.
Everything, as they say, came flooding back. This is all I wanted from the Group C "race".
Folk raved about Herbert's 787B pre-race demo' - 1 car!
I viewed Saturday's event less of a race and more as multiple demo' runs by a variety of cars.