Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3412807)   #1101
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe they've only secured limited sponsorship and are so desperately low on cash that they try to save every single penny for the race, and after it's done withdraw from the championship...
Old 30 May 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3412808)   #1102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it all looks a little worrying but we will know for sure in just over a wekk
Old 30 May 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3412817)   #1103
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I've said before that it always struck me as a more natural fit for the ACO to have made an effort with Signatech to get the second Alpine out.

You would have thought that somehow managing to swing a bit of "La Sarthe" sponsorship combined with a quiet word in the ears of the major teams invested in the WEC to find the cash / slot in one of their reserve drivers etc would have been more likely to deliver something than the wing and prayer that sadly ADR have been running on this year.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3413684)   #1104
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yep, that made no sense to me either. they had potential drivers for that second car, though they've all found homes elsewhere for the race now. given the amount of money they sink into the hospitality and their presence at le mans it seems odd for just one car, but i suppose once the drivers had gone there wasn't time to find anybody else. perhaps the aco didn't realise how big a hole they were in with entries until the final deadline, by which point it was too late.

they also carry more branding for the dieppe region than they do for the alpine concept itself so i suspect la sarthe funding possibly would have clashed with that a little
Old 1 Jun 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3413731)   #1105
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Perhaps the aco didn't realise how big a hole they were in with entries until the final deadline, by which point it was too late.
I don't think there was any way they could have predicted this drop-off in entries.

Although I do agree it's strange they didn't give Alpine a second entry.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3413828)   #1106
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just noticed that Wolf Henzler does not appear to be on the entry list this year.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2014.pdf
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3414292)   #1107
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Okay this is not for this year but can't think of any better place to put this (mods can re-direct it to wherever if they wish)

"Could be handy". Hmm yes.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3414312)   #1108
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd put him straight in my car.

Two platinums and Martin Brundle is some potential LMP2 lineup
Old 2 Jun 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3414318)   #1109
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was thinking that tweet is surely a "come and get me" plea.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3414368)   #1110
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
If he is still up for it then he will be a good asset in any team.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3414392)   #1111
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I know a lot of you like to put lists together and was wondering if one might already exist. I don't know Formula 1 well enough to make my own list, but just wondering how many former F1 drivers are on the current entry list. If someone has a list showing who on the entry is a former F1 driver could you please share it?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3414394)   #1112
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quick glance through the entry list gives me these guys (as people who started at least one F1 race):

Lucas di Grassi, Alex Wurz, Stephane Sarrazin, Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Sebastien Buemi, Mark Webber, Nick Heidfeld, Mika Salo, Marc Gene, Christian Klien, Karun Chandhok, Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella, Olivier Beretta, Jan Magnussen, Bruno Senna, Pedro Lamy.

If we also count F1 test/simulator drivers of all eras, then we also have Tom Kristensen, Nicolas Lapierre, Neel Jani, Brendon Hartley, Nicolas Prost, Fabio Leimer, Jan Charouz, James Calado, Davide Rigon, Sam Bird and possibly a few others.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3414409)   #1113
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I'm missing something, but how can Brundle be a silver? Silver = "driver satisfying the criteria of the Platinum category but aged 60 or over" - he's had a super licence and won Le Mans so would be a Platinum but for age. At the moment he's a gold due to his age (driver satisfying the criteria of the category A (Platinum) but aged 50 to 59) so surely he should remain a gold?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3414456)   #1114
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Quick glance through the entry list gives me these guys (as people who started at least one F1 race):

Lucas di Grassi, Alex Wurz, Stephane Sarrazin, Kazuki Nakajima, Anthony Davidson, Sebastien Buemi, Mark Webber, Nick Heidfeld, Mika Salo, Marc Gene, Christian Klien, Karun Chandhok, Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella, Olivier Beretta, Jan Magnussen, Bruno Senna, Pedro Lamy.

If we also count F1 test/simulator drivers of all eras, then we also have Tom Kristensen, Nicolas Lapierre, Neel Jani, Brendon Hartley, Nicolas Prost, Fabio Leimer, Jan Charouz, James Calado, Davide Rigon, Sam Bird and possibly a few others.
I knew someone would know! Thanks!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3414470)   #1115
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I think you only miss Ho Pin Tung and Emmanuel Collard as F1 testdrivers.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3414481)   #1116
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
I think you only miss Ho Pin Tung and Emmanuel Collard as F1 testdrivers.
Rodolfo Gonzalez drove on a Friday for Marussia last season. Money much better spent on sportscars.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 01:26 (Ref:3414537)   #1117
Audi R10
Rookie

Audi R10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And Lotterer! Was tester for BAR and Jaguar in F1
Old 3 Jun 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3414668)   #1118
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'The closest Motoyama has come to Formula One was a Friday test for Jordan at the 2003 Japanese Grand Prix, and a pre-season test session with Renault in 2004.'

From Satoshi Motoyama's Wikipedia entry.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3414671)   #1119
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but how can Brundle be a silver? Silver = "driver satisfying the criteria of the Platinum category but aged 60 or over" - he's had a super licence and won Le Mans so would be a Platinum but for age. At the moment he's a gold due to his age (driver satisfying the criteria of the category A (Platinum) but aged 50 to 59) so surely he should remain a gold?
Not sure about this. Stefan Johansson is a silver but he is also a former LM winner and F1 driver, between the ages of 50 and 59.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3414699)   #1120
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Not sure about this. Stefan Johansson is a silver but he is also a former LM winner and F1 driver, between the ages of 50 and 59.
I think they also make the judgement based on recent results, and I don't think Brundle Sr has raced since Le Mans 2012.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3414802)   #1121
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think they also make the judgement based on recent results, and I don't think Brundle Sr has raced since Le Mans 2012.
Errr............2012 6 Hours of Silverstone anyone?
Old 4 Jun 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3415382)   #1122
Mike E
Veteran

Entry list

In the sad tradition of the Tenths LM sub-forum, I have made a spreadsheet. Pay attention at the back.

It is the entry list as it currently stands (hopefully):

with all drivers coloured according to their FIA grading;
the number of LM starts per driver;
the total number of LM starts per crew;
the average number of LM starts per crew;
the average grading per crew;
the proportions of each grading per class;
the number of rookies per class.

Previous overall winners are underlined;
rookies are marked in green.

Hopefully the formatting for this Excel Online works OK. I did size it to fit on a single page, but that might not have worked. If you are interested, it would be best to download a copy and save it.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=file%2c.xlsx

Credit where it's due, the number of starts info came from here http://lemans-history.com/. An excellent site full of useful info, pay it a visit.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3415415)   #1123
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That is one of the more useful things posted recently. Thanks for doing that Mike
Old 4 Jun 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3415445)   #1124
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Great bit of work Mike. Had a spreadsheet on the go myself but nothing as detailed as this.

Some great stats on there. Most combined starts is always interesting. Porsche #14 is not short on experience.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3415459)   #1125
Mike E
Veteran

That was one of the things that surprised me: the large variation in experience in some of the cars. The average looks respectable but the bulk of experience comes from one driver.
For example #75 Prospeed Porsche. 22 starts but 19 are Collard's.
Not mention #71 Ferrari: 18 starts but two rookies!