Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which campsite will you be staying at for Le Mans this year?
Tertre Rouge 10 20.00%
Hunaudieres 0 0%
Expo 1 2.00%
Houx 9 18.00%
Houx Annexe 3 6.00%
Bleu Nord 2 4.00%
Bleu Sud 1 2.00%
Maison Blanche 7 14.00%
Karting 0 0%
Porsche Curves (Travel Destinations) 1 2.00%
Beausejour 1 2.00%
Dairon 0 0%
Pincenardiere 0 0%
I'm a local 2 4.00%
I'm a namby-pamby (hotel for me) 3 6.00%
Other Unnamed Campsite 7 14.00%
Marshals Campsite 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Jun 2014, 05:46 (Ref:3415574)   #201
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes they are updated each year

getting close to last years total of 52 entries on this tread, still some people not appearing on the list this year who i know should be
Old 5 Jun 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3415760)   #202
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
Finally received my tickets! We will be in Houx.

Are the pitch maps on the Beermountan website relatively accurate?
Welcome to the Houx crew!
Old 10 Jun 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3418346)   #203
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
Finally received my tickets! We will be in Houx.

Are the pitch maps on the Beermountan website relatively accurate?
Sponge Bob?

Just a note for those on Houx. New electric connections mean they onlyaccept proper camping ones not shonky Euro ones.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3422956)   #204
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody have an insight to the 2015 and beyond campsite plans?

While camping on MB (as we have done for many years) there were rumors singing around of it's capacity being reduced massively to build a (Porsche) commercial compound.

Does anybody have more info on this?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 09:57 (Ref:3422961)   #205
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It was announce some time ago and yes a chunk of MB camp site will be taken
Old 17 Jun 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3422971)   #206
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is no good, less and less trackside camping area's.

Let's hope they won't open the school track in race week and keep the building work on the ford chicane side. Hopefully the ACO will come with additional information soon. Just to be on the safe side tickets have already been ordered for next year, now all we have to do is hope that tere are actually any MB tickets to be sold at all.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3423128)   #207
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question for the people that stayed in an hotel this year or in the past. Is it comfortable to get from the hotel to the track or it takes hours going in and out of the circuit every day? Also can you move from the pit straight to Arnage and Mulsanne without spending hours in traffic during the race or is traffic an issue?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3423132)   #208
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Moving from the pit straight to mulsanne or arnarge will take a fair bit of time on wednesday/thursday but massive amounts of time during the race, the closure of the roads, the amount of traffic and the one way systems all add up to it being difficult
Old 17 Jun 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3423139)   #209
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Unless you take the bus service? Is that good? The problem is that my dad doesn't want to stay in a tent so I was asking how is the situation being in an hotel and moving to the track and around the track during the week, race included
Old 17 Jun 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3423149)   #210
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well the bus will be stuck in the same traffic as everyone else, and when you want to leave you will then have to wait sometimes ages and often not get on the next bus, it is better to drive, however the good news is that for a first trip the circuit area is pretty large and there is plenty to see to be honest if you get a hotel south of le mans the visit the other area's on your way to or from the circuit
Old 17 Jun 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3423153)   #211
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
I already visited the circuit. This year and last year I went to the test day and it was amazing. In 8 hours of testing I've been at Tertre Rouge, Dunlop chicane, Ford chicane, Mulsanne and Arnage. But I just can't stay at home for this race anymore. The best spot in my opinion was Arnage, even if it's difficult to take pictures because of the fence, but I also think that from that corner is pretty difficult to move to the other sections of the track. Maybe it's better to stay at TR and move to Dunlop, Ford and Porsche corners by feet
Old 17 Jun 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3423179)   #212
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
I already visited the circuit. This year and last year I went to the test day and it was amazing. In 8 hours of testing I've been at Tertre Rouge, Dunlop chicane, Ford chicane, Mulsanne and Arnage. But I just can't stay at home for this race anymore. The best spot in my opinion was Arnage, even if it's difficult to take pictures because of the fence, but I also think that from that corner is pretty difficult to move to the other sections of the track. Maybe it's better to stay at TR and move to Dunlop, Ford and Porsche corners by feet
The beauty of coming to the race week is that you have close to 35 hours of track time across four days.

Plenty of opportunity to watch everywhere, and camp in one of the lovely campsites.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3423196)   #213
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends what time you take the bus. They are erratic over night, but this year for example we got it at around 8 I think and there was no traffic to get to Arnage. On the way back we had to wait a little while, but four busses went by in not a lot of time and we got on the fourth one, the service seemed slightly improved this year. But the hassle is well worth it, Sunday morning at Arnage and Mulsanne is lovely.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3423445)   #214
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We didn't have very much difficulty at any time getting to Arnage and Mulsanne. We did Mulsanne on Wednesday night, Arnage on Thursday night and then both during the race (about 1 am and 5 am respectively). Wouldn't have tried it during the early part of the race though. Interestingly, we had no problem at all getting into the first car park at Arnage on both occasions and I don't think we even showed our Mulsanne/Arnage ticket at Arnage - but we had to produce it both times at Mulsanne. It was quite clear that we weren't getting in without it (although I guess another parking pass may have been sufficient).

As to hotel to track, it depends how far removed your hotel is! Most days we had no problems although I recall that it was fairly jammed along the road behind the stands on one of the days. It wasn't as busy getting in on race day as we'd been led to expect, even though we didn't get there until about 10.45 am.

Getting out after the race was more painful than usual. Even though we were very quickly out, we headed towards Arnage as that has often been quicker than going the more direct route. (Our record is being back to our hotel in 38 minutes from the flag at the end of the race). This time we were held up by traffic coming out of MB campsite, mostly caused by a complete muppet of a gendarme who had no idea what he was doing and gave up and walked away to have a chat with his mates. By this time the traffic had built up and we took just over an hour to get back.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3423454)   #215
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the traffic was a breeze from tr. i guess we left at about half four or something, not too late, and went straight out of the site, onto the dual carriageway, a minor 5 minute holdup on a roundabout controlled by gendarmes, and an easy drive home. so easy that we made the half eleven ferry which was a massive surprise given my somewhat sedate rate of progress...

was it just us or were there fewer people watching from motorway bridges this year?
Old 18 Jun 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3423573)   #216
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We didn't have very much difficulty at any time getting to Arnage and Mulsanne. We did Mulsanne on Wednesday night, Arnage on Thursday night and then both during the race (about 1 am and 5 am respectively). Wouldn't have tried it during the early part of the race though. Interestingly, we had no problem at all getting into the first car park at Arnage on both occasions and I don't think we even showed our Mulsanne/Arnage ticket at Arnage - but we had to produce it both times at Mulsanne. It was quite clear that we weren't getting in without it (although I guess another parking pass may have been sufficient).

As to hotel to track, it depends how far removed your hotel is! Most days we had no problems although I recall that it was fairly jammed along the road behind the stands on one of the days. It wasn't as busy getting in on race day as we'd been led to expect, even though we didn't get there until about 10.45 am.

Getting out after the race was more painful than usual. Even though we were very quickly out, we headed towards Arnage as that has often been quicker than going the more direct route. (Our record is being back to our hotel in 38 minutes from the flag at the end of the race). This time we were held up by traffic coming out of MB campsite, mostly caused by a complete muppet of a gendarme who had no idea what he was doing and gave up and walked away to have a chat with his mates. By this time the traffic had built up and we took just over an hour to get back.
I hope to find an hotel in Arnage/Mulsanne or a B&B. So is the general entry ticket enough to go everywhere, grandstands excluded? And for the car, you need a parking ticket for each place you go? Is there room to park your car during the race if you move from one point to another?
Old 18 Jun 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3423586)   #217
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GE tickets will get you everywhere except the grandstands on Saturday/Sunday, as for parking one required for the main area, but you can use that eveywhere until saturday/Sunday and often on those days to
Old 18 Jun 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3423597)   #218
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 18 Jun 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3423601)   #219
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Thanks for the answers. Hope to see you at the race, meantime I will ask you some other questions in the next 12 months if I need some help
Old 18 Jun 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3423608)   #220
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We're ready and waiting.........
Old 19 Jun 2014, 09:46 (Ref:3423708)   #221
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After earlier discussions on here I decided to get myself a parking ticket for Mulsane and Arnage. Already ordered my tickets through an agency in Holland I asked my wife to buy me the tickets in the ACO shop in Paris. They told buying these tickets was only possible at the circuit......... While visiting the ACO shop at the museum it was not possible to buy the tickets because they were all sold????? So with no tickets we went to Mulsane early morning and were refused entry to the first carpark. The second was no problem and only a little further walk. At Arnage we also got waved away because we had no ticket. The whole carpark was almost emty. Luckily just in front of the carpark there was space to put our car. Otherwise it would have been a long walk. In the end lessen learned. Buy yourself a parking ticket if you plan to visit on busy hours, otherwise don't bother.