Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which campsite will you be staying at for Le Mans this year?
Tertre Rouge 10 20.00%
Hunaudieres 0 0%
Expo 1 2.00%
Houx 9 18.00%
Houx Annexe 3 6.00%
Bleu Nord 2 4.00%
Bleu Sud 1 2.00%
Maison Blanche 7 14.00%
Karting 0 0%
Porsche Curves (Travel Destinations) 1 2.00%
Beausejour 1 2.00%
Dairon 0 0%
Pincenardiere 0 0%
I'm a local 2 4.00%
I'm a namby-pamby (hotel for me) 3 6.00%
Other Unnamed Campsite 7 14.00%
Marshals Campsite 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Mar 2014, 23:09 (Ref:3373804)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No Mal, I just know what I like and a week on a campsite simply doesn't fit the bill for me....
Old 1 Mar 2014, 23:51 (Ref:3373816)   #27
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You have not ticked the box yet ian
And now fixed...
Old 2 Mar 2014, 08:25 (Ref:3373933)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
TR back in front as the campsite of choice
Old 2 Mar 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3373936)   #29
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
There's only one place for me.

No thugs, no thieves, no drunkenness, no rowdy behaviour.

Peace, calm, hot showers 24/7, electrical hook up, real food.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3373939)   #30
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
There's only one place for me.

No thugs, no thieves, no drunkenness, no rowdy behaviour.

Peace, calm, hot showers 24/7, electrical hook up, real food.
You not coming then?
Old 2 Mar 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3373954)   #31
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
You not coming then?
You're right. I'm not coming
to a site where my tent guy ropes will be run over in the night
to a site where it's acceptable to play music as loud as possible at 3am on Saturday morning
to a site where the aim seems to be in seeing who can drink the most
to a site where there's no hot water (Arnage from 1985 to 2002 - don't know what it's like now)
to a site where there are loos only from Saturday morning to Sunday evening (ditto)
to a site where frequently indifferent food is served at exorbitant prices.

Instead

I'll eat three-course dinners. seated on a chair at a table with a tablecloth.
I'll retire at night after a stroll into town for a nightcap at the hotel
I'll sleep in peace and quiet and wake to the deafening(!) sounds of the birds
I'll be the only person in the showers at 6.30am

Not only that, but it costs me a tiny fraction of what it costs those of you who stay on the ACO's designated sites.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3373963)   #32
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The music is probably the worst thing about the camping experience I'd say. But after spending my teens at music festivals it would almost seem strange to be in a tent without hearing loud music.

The worst situation is when you get two rival camps trying to out-blast each other. I wish G4J and vincegail would just pack it in sometimes

I'm sure none of this would happen on Tetre Rouge. I've heard you actually get handed a tablecloth on entry haha.

It is true you have to pay a bit for track camping. But that said it does entitle you to something like 8 days of camping pleasure if you like. The reason I'm happy to pay extra is that it puts me right in the middle of the action. I can see the pit building while we're having our portable BBQ in the rain. I'm there and I don't really have to think about anything else.

But we're all different and that's what it's all about.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3373985)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think you need to revisit the campsites,
Earplugs mean you can block out the noise at night.
Yes you can drink until the small hours each night but no one is forcing you and most groups on our campsite also have soft drinks on offer.
In our site the showers are warm and if you do have to queue then so what use the time to chat and meet new people.
We had a rabbit in our campsite a few years ago,
The site is organised with camping pitches and parking slots next to them and people only drive on the OK dusty roads but not on the camping area's
The showers/loos are always there when we arrive on Wednesday, hoping they will be there Tuesday this year.
No One sells food on the campsite, you cook your own and if you cook to much offer it to those around you.
But the big advantage is you are seconds from a view of the track.
Also 80 euro's for a car and up to 4 people for a week is not expensive.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3373992)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post

Instead

I'll eat three-course dinners. seated on a chair at a table with a tablecloth.
I'll retire at night after a stroll into town for a nightcap at the hotel
I'll sleep in peace and quiet and wake to the deafening(!) sounds of the birds
I'll be the only person in the showers at 6.30am

Not only that, but it costs me a tiny fraction of what it costs those of you who stay on the ACO's designated sites.
I'm right with you brother.......
Old 2 Mar 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3374015)   #35
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I personally don't mind the music at all, it's part and parcel of it for me. The small hours of Houx can take you through a roller-coaster of a musical journey, with everything from Johnny Cash to Crowded House, Queen to early '90s trance.

Having said that I had absolutely no time for the Metallica and ACDC played by the campers next to us last year. The whole group had a cunning knack for missing almost every single note.

Our arrangements for playing the tunes changes year-on-year but I always think it rude to play anything past midnight when people are beginning to hit the hay.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3374017)   #36
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The worst situation is when you get two rival camps trying to out-blast each other. I wish G4J and vincegail would just pack it in sometimes

Would be quite some stereo system if I were to blast the sound all the way to Houx! Even two years ago when we were both on Houx, we were separated by quite some distance.

Quote:
The showers/loos are always there when we arrive on Wednesday, hoping they will be there Tuesday this year.
No worries.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3374019)   #37
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I personally don't mind the music at all, it's part and parcel of it for me. The small hours of Houx can take you through a roller-coaster of a musical journey, with everything from Johnny Cash to Crowded House, Queen to early '90s trance.
"Did I dream it last night or was someone playing..." is quite a common thought on Houx each morning.

Unfortunately I have an irrational hatred of Queen which is pretty unavoidable on campsites.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3374024)   #38
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
"Did I dream it last night or was someone playing..." is quite a common thought on Houx each morning.

Unfortunately I have an irrational hatred of Queen which is pretty unavoidable on campsites.
There is nothing irrational about a hatred of Queen.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3374025)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There are a few late night music groups on our campsite but we usually camp a reasonable distance away, can always walk over there for a drink and a chat during the long evenings
Old 2 Mar 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3374026)   #40
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Never ceases to amaze me how you can turn any given group of 40+ males into excitable teenagers simply by playing "We Will Rock You" on the Friday night.

I'm not a massive fan of Queen either, though some of their songs get given a new lease of life when you hear them sang in a Dutch accent.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3374027)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Porsche Curves.

I like the secure, fenced, guarded area to keep me safe from all you European thugs and thieves!
Well the average thief will target where he thinks the money is so a area for porsche owners club will be tempting especially if they can park their porsches there, what do thieves drive in the states then
Old 2 Mar 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3374039)   #42
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I cannot abide War of the Worlds because in 1983 I travelled to Le Mans by coach. I had a shiny new Walkman so I could listen to what I wanted to (no RLM then), but all that got played on the coach was Bore of the Worlds and too loud for me to drown it out with my cassettes.

Sean
Old 2 Mar 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3374049)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Did the Coach on my first visit in 1985 was an experience but have used cars ever since
Old 2 Mar 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3374057)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I 'coached it' in '92, '93 and '98. Fast (in that it was a whistlestop Friday out/Sunday home job) and cheap alternative. (Not that I have any plans to do either again..... ).
Old 2 Mar 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3374062)   #45
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guess I'll have to say "other unnamed campsite" but it is most definitely within the track boundaries.
keke
Old 2 Mar 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3374063)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll add 'Marshals Campsite' for you.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3374068)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just noticed that you have Karting nord which is no longer used and dairon and pincenardiere which have now been absorbed by Beausejour
Old 2 Mar 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3374071)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, it's Victor's thread, but I'll happily remove any surplus options!
Old 2 Mar 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3374164)   #49
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think you need to revisit the campsites,
Earplugs mean you can block out the noise at night.
Yes you can drink until the small hours each night but no one is forcing you and most groups on our campsite also have soft drinks on offer.
In our site the showers are warm and if you do have to queue then so what use the time to chat and meet new people.
We had a rabbit in our campsite a few years ago,
The site is organised with camping pitches and parking slots next to them and people only drive on the OK dusty roads but not on the camping area's
No One sells food on the campsite, you cook your own and if you cook to much offer it to those around you.
But the big advantage is you are seconds from a view of the track.
Also 80 euro's for a car and up to 4 people for a week is not expensive.
I am right with you brother ......
Old 3 Mar 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3374276)   #50
willxr50
Rookie

Australia
Parramatta
willxr50 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time for me to Europe from Australia. kpkorsager has very kindly taken me into his campsite and i cant wait. Ive camped at Mount Panorama for many years and i also flag marshalled at the 24 hour races so ill be prepared for anything. Also no Kangaroos to worry about hitting on the drive to the track this time. Go Webber.