Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 16 Jan 2003, 18:37 (Ref:476438)   #1
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champ Cars To Light Up 100th Anniversary Of Milwaukee Mile

INDIANAPOLIS–-The historic Milwaukee Mile on the grounds of the Wisconsin State Fair Park has seen a myriad of things during its 100 years, but this year's Champ Car World Series stop will bring something entirely new to the venerable mile oval.
When the Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford takes its 750-hp road show to Milwaukee for the 102nd Champ Car race in the history of the Milwaukee facility, it will happen under the lights at night for the first time ever.

The night race, which will take place Saturday May 31, will be the culmination of a year of changes for the Milwaukee Mile, which celebrates its 100th season in 2003. The newly refurbished facility has installed new grandstands and improved amenities for the fans, and will give them the chance to see Paul Tracy defend his 2002 Milwaukee win under the glare of Musco lighting.

Story
Old 16 Jan 2003, 19:01 (Ref:476468)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Practice and qualifying will also be held at night.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 22:57 (Ref:476704)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope I have to wake somewhere 5 or 6 am on Saturday to Sunday to see the race live...
Old 16 Jan 2003, 23:30 (Ref:476722)   #4
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does this mean we'll have all day to go to the Harley factory, Circus World, Taliesin, etc etc. before having to go to the track? Wow.

But I guess this is the end of CART's Friday night bowling tournament. Kind of disappointing, really -- where else would the average person get to bowl against Bob Varsha?

keke
Old 17 Jan 2003, 00:48 (Ref:476775)   #5
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
I hope I have to wake somewhere 5 or 6 am on Saturday to Sunday to see the race live...
It will be at about 1 or 2am your time, so stay up all night and party.

Last edited by ¡As-de-mim!; 17 Jan 2003 at 00:49.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 01:02 (Ref:476783)   #6
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good - as long as the night races stay limited to one or two races I am al for it. Adds to the variety that makes Champ Car the best - Ovals, Super Speedways, Street Courses, Airport Venus, Road Courses, and racing in the day AND at night
Old 17 Jan 2003, 01:11 (Ref:476790)   #7
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right on DNQ. More variety. But no more than a few races.

How about a night race through Rio streets during Carnival ?
Old 17 Jan 2003, 04:53 (Ref:476871)   #8
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that's a race I wouldn't miss!
Old 17 Jan 2003, 12:00 (Ref:477099)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I'm wondering is whether it'll get any prime time air play -- seems to me that during the height of baseball season it's likely to be on "tape delay" the next day.

Unless of course it's running on Speed Channel.