Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 11 Apr 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1578735)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motor Cycle Racing Photography

I had my first go at shooting motorbikes on Friday, I popped into Donington for the British Superbikes on route to Brands for the BTCC. I have too say I am quite happy with the results, which can be found at http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...ton/index.html

Any feed back would be good.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1578775)   #2
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm off to Le Mans next week for the moto 24 so will also be testing my bike skills!!!!!! PS looks good to me.....
Old 12 Apr 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1579297)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
where were the crowds?????
Old 12 Apr 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1579302)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the clue was that Rob took the images on Friday!
Old 12 Apr 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1579344)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
I'm off to Le Mans next week for the moto 24 so will also be testing my bike skills!!!!!! PS looks good to me.....
i've always wanted to do that, and if they raced on the full circuit i'd definitely be up for it...but 24 hours round the bugatti fills me with dread! good luck with it, will be interested to see your take.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1579591)   #6
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
i've always wanted to do that, and if they raced on the full circuit i'd definitely be up for it...but 24 hours round the bugatti fills me with dread! good luck with it, will be interested to see your take.
Yes not done much bike stuff will be out Wednesday and back Monday week a few little pojects while I'm out there, then 2CV's so 24's on consecutive weekends!
Old 12 Apr 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1579721)   #7
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be careful of the crowds. 24 Hours of bikes at LM is notorious for motorcycle gangs destroying things. Some shops and restaurants in Arnage close during the whole week.

A couple of years ago two riders had a fatal headon collision (that takes some skill on a bike) on the Hunaudières.

Anyway, it's hooliganism without the constraints of a stadium.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 06:28 (Ref:1580062)   #8
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone is in canon's CPS you might get an invite to the World Super bikes at Silverstone in May (Friday only though) were you can loan out the new DSLR bodys and new lenses and have a play. Its what canon call there 'canon experience days' basicly its a day for them to try and show off there stuff and for photographers to get so advice on all sorts of things from gear through to editing and printing.
P.S its also free
Old 13 Apr 2006, 09:41 (Ref:1580215)   #9
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker
If anyone is in canon's CPS you might get an invite to the World Super bikes at Silverstone in May (Friday only though) were you can loan out the new DSLR bodys and new lenses and have a play. Its what canon call there 'canon experience days' basicly its a day for them to try and show off there stuff and for photographers to get so advice on all sorts of things from gear through to editing and printing.
P.S its also free
I'll look forward to that then......
Old 13 Apr 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1580477)   #10
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
Pigit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HUBBLE Knew you would be nosing around lol.See these canon users have to be bribed to go to a race meeting now..
Old 13 Apr 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1580491)   #11
Andrew W
Racer

Zimbabwe
in Capitola, CA, USA (aka Paradise)
Andrew W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker
P.S its also free
Actually if anyone ever gets the chance to shoot at Phillip Island during the MotoGP CPS are there all weekend with a whole grotto of equipment you can use for the entire weekend...

I'll be back there this year

Andrew
Old 25 Apr 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1594432)   #12
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Just a few pics from Le Mans Moto

http://www.gtphotosport.com/lm24moto/index1.html
Old 26 Apr 2006, 01:01 (Ref:1595046)   #13
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very nice, and nice to see Le Mans for some different angles (Bugatti track bits). Wouldn't want to watch a 24 hour race round it though!

Nice shot of the ladies aswell...

My favourite though is the one the start, all the bikers running one way, and the bloke with the flag running towards them!
Old 26 Apr 2006, 04:33 (Ref:1595109)   #14
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really like that one too,I had no idea they do a traditional "Lemans start" pretty cool and your shot shows it very well with the guy up front in front just a nice amount ahead of the others.

makes me realize how to shoot bikes (which I've only done once or twice when I first had a camera when I was 17 or something) one really must have fast long lenses and/or really good shooting spots. Was all that wheeling goingon during the race or practice sessions? Oh, and am curious, but what sort of lap times do they do on the short circuit, somewhere around 2 mins?

cheers
Old 26 Apr 2006, 04:44 (Ref:1595110)   #15
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
high 1:40s to low 1:50s I think

there are 3 classes, all fairly similar track times.
Old 1 May 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1598852)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been playing out with some bikes again today. This time how ever it was not a race track, it was on motorcross track, which is a bit different. Anyway they can be found at http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...MXC/index.html

And again any feedback would be nice.
Old 2 May 2006, 07:53 (Ref:1599163)   #17
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks okay... I find the earty colours a bit drab though.

Moto-cross isn't really my thing, I guess.

For something a little more different:

http://onfinite.com/libraries/876049/b39.jpg