Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jan 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3349679)   #1
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dubai 24 Hours 10 &11th January 2014

Dubai 24 Hours 10th thru 11th January 2014 with 80 plus entries.Fair amount of live coverage on Motors TV I think.
Just may keep the automotive juices flowing?
Old 2 Jan 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3349684)   #2
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this race! Will Schubert be running there Z4's again this year? that green livery they have on the cars last year was awesome looking, maybe the best looking cars of the entire year.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3349747)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffM3 View Post
Looking forward to this race! Will Schubert be running there Z4's again this year? that green livery they have on the cars last year was awesome looking, maybe the best looking cars of the entire year.
Yes, they will be running a single Z4 in the race. I believe the lineup is Paul Dalla Lana, Dirk Werner, Dane Cameron, and Bill Auberlen.

They're also running an all-girl car in the A3T class, also a BMW.

http://www.24hdubai.com/ENTRY-LIST

Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:42 (Ref:3349751)   #4
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
don't you mean 'Dick Werner (USA)' ?

Potential winning lineups in there that I can see are:

#1 Black Falcon Mercedes (huge favourites, but no Sean Edwards is saddening)
#4 Fach AT Porsche
#7 Craft AMR Aston Martin
#30 RAM Ferrari (although not a car I've seen do well in enduros)
#38 All-Inkl Mercedes
#76 Schubert BMW

with #16 Race Alliance Ferrari as an outside shot.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3349752)   #5
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is nice to see the All-Inkl SLS back to business.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3349794)   #6
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, sad to see that Markus Winkelhock returns to Audi and never comes back though. I love the Basseng/Winkelhock pair
Old 2 Jan 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3349799)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK ALLISON View Post
Dubai 24 Hours 10th thru 11th January 2014 with 80 plus entries.Fair amount of live coverage on Motors TV I think.
Just may keep the automotive juices flowing?
It looks like there is quite a lot of the race on Motors. The whole race is also on Radio Le Mans.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3349815)   #8
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that A6 has a Corvette C6R and a Ferrari GT2 as well. What about those teams? You'd think a GTE based car would be pretty strong against GT3's.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3349887)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
It looks like there is quite a lot of the race on Motors. The whole race is also on Radio Le Mans.
Beautiful. Love this first race of the season and was glad to have RLM accompany me at work for a few hours last year for some sessions and the race itself. Not a big fan of the circuit but gets the racing ball rolling early on.
Old 8 Jan 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3351578)   #10
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Another questionable rule introduced by race organizers Creventic (after the ridiculous bracketed lap times, which are maintain for all bar the Pro entries btw):

Quote:
There are a couple of changes on the rule front to point out – The first five cars in the order cannot pit under a Code 60
Hope it gets explained at some point during the broadcast but I seem to miss the point completely...

from https://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=20556
Old 8 Jan 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3351765)   #11
Bunkers
Rookie

Bunkers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
And it seems to be live TV coverage on their website from thursday quali through the whole race. And an iPad/iPhone app to monitor car positions etc live on your phone. I might get deeply involved in this race
Old 8 Jan 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3351766)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkers View Post
And it seems to be live TV coverage on their website from thursday quali through the whole race. And an iPad/iPhone app to monitor car positions etc live on your phone. I might get deeply involved in this race
Yep I'm the same - can't imagine much work will be getting done the next two days.

Only shame is I'll miss the finish en route to the Autosport Show.
Old 8 Jan 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3351770)   #13
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The RAM Racing cars look awesome too in chrome.

http://instagram.com/p/i6Ot4uith6/

Hopefully they'll carry this scheme into the WEC.
Old 8 Jan 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3351771)   #14
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I am looking forward to it. The coverage last year was fantastic with the live video stream and the voices of RLM. TUSC could really learn from Creventic coverage.
Interesting to see Paul Dalla Lana getting seat time in a Z4 before Daytona. It seems he is not the only one using this race as a warm up. Several other drivers, including hired guns as well as gentlemen, will be racing as well. There are definitely some impressive teams and lineups in A6.
Old 8 Jan 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3351827)   #15
Mac K
Rookie

Canada
Ontario,Canada
Mac K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this one, does it start at 5 AM Eastern on Friday? I think I'm doing my time conversion right..
Old 9 Jan 2014, 01:27 (Ref:3351862)   #16
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am not good at math, so believe or not what I have calculated:

Thursday 9 January 2014
11:30 – 12:15 Dunlop 24H DUBAI Free Practice 1—2:30 a.m.–3:15 a.m.
13:15 – 14:45 Dunlop 24H DUBAI Free Practice 2—4:15 a.m.–5:45 a.m.
15:00 – 16:00 Dunlop 24H DUBAI Qualification—6 a.m.–8:30 a.m.
Friday 10 January 2014
14:00 Start of the Dunlop 24H DUBAI—5 a.m.
Saturday 11 January 2014
14:00 Finish of the Dunlop 24H DUBAI—5 a.m.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3351887)   #17
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRIVATE TEST RESUALTS
Old 9 Jan 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3352033)   #18
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nicky Pastorelli on pole in a 7-liter Vette ... six makes in the top seven spots, and times in the 1:57s.

Looking forward to a great race.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3352037)   #19
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
stream is working really well on my phone too, very handy for subtle qualy watching
Old 9 Jan 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3352053)   #20
Bunkers
Rookie

Bunkers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Nicky Pastorelli on pole in a 7-liter Vette
Yeah I wonder how strong that all-dutch driver lineup is? Would love for that vette to be a contender. The car is obviously fast

All-Inkl SLS a bit disappointing almost two seconds behind pole.

Bleekemolen quals both falcon SLS cars, wonder how they'll share him during the race.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3352065)   #21
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like there is good online streaming coverage but will qualifying and the race be archived? I'm going on Radio Le Mans audio podcasts for now. What is great is that I think every major manufactruer in GT racing is represented in this race. You even have a Bentely and a Corvette in it. Gotta cheer for Mercedes though, especially Bernd's team.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3352113)   #22
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yeah I wonder how strong that all-dutch driver lineup is? Would love for that vette to be a contender. The car is obviously fast
Pastorelli is the only pro in that team, expect the car to shine when he´s behind the wheel and lets hope all the gentleman drivers can stay out of trouble, a top 10 finish should be possible then, anything more would be a huge achievement.

Edit: interestingly, Pastorelli is showing an Italian flag on his suit

Quote:
Bleekemolen quals both falcon SLS cars, wonder how they'll share him during the race.
Some goes for Al Qubaisi.

Last edited by Coach Ep; 9 Jan 2014 at 17:26.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3352119)   #23
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
no Bentley there, is there?

is the Corvette running Am or Pro class? Just wondering if it's going to have to slow down shortly after the start or not.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3352122)   #24
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
no Bentley there, is there?

is the Corvette running Am or Pro class? Just wondering if it's going to have to slow down shortly after the start or not.
1. Not that I´m aware of.

2. I would assume so with 4 out of 5 drivers being ´gentlemen´.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 03:33 (Ref:3352275)   #25
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Another questionable rule introduced by race organizers Creventic (after the ridiculous bracketed lap times, which are maintain for all bar the Pro entries btw):

Hope it gets explained at some point during the broadcast but I seem to miss the point completely...

from https://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=20556
from dubai 24h news:

Code 60 rule, which was invented by Dutch National Racing Team (DNRT), replaces the traditional full course yellow system. Typically when an incident occurs during the race, yellow flags are deployed when an accident happens at a particular point on a circuit. If this is a big incident then a full course yellow is declared and a pace car is deployed. The field file in behind it until the circuit is deemed safe, whereupon the safety car peels into the pitlane and the race resumes.

With Code 6, which is implemented with a designated flag deployed at the marshal points around the circuit, cars are then required to reduce their speed to 60 km/h maximum and circulate at this speed until the Code 60 is lifted and racing resumes. During the slow down period marshals can attend to the incident/accident safely without interrupting the race.

http://live.24hseries.com/Latest-24H-Series-news