Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 20 Dec 2011, 07:39 (Ref:3002132)   #1
JTL392
Rookie

JTL392 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Scantlebury

I seem to remember he raced a Daimler Dart SP 250 after he sold the Janglia can anyone confirm this,anyone know what other cars he raced,any photos would be appreciated
Old 22 Dec 2011, 11:26 (Ref:3003135)   #2
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He had a Modsports MGB V8 in 1978, I recall it had a 'Vote Conservative' sticker in the back window! I always looked out for him after seeing that.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3382647)   #3
scanters
Rookie

scanters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Scantlebury

I'm Richard's son and I'm doing a bit of research in preparation for his 70th birthday in May. I would be really grateful if anyone has any photos or race programmes from the 60's and 70's featuring my dad.
I'd love to know what happened to the 'famous' Janglia. If seen a reference to ccc and a piece they might have done on the car, can someone tell me what ccc is ? !
Any information or help would be appreciated.
Thanks

William
Old 21 Mar 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3382658)   #4
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
William

Welcome to 10/Tenths.

If I am not wrong, ccc would probably be a reference to Car and Car Conversion. I am sure someone else will be along to correct this if it is incorrect.

If you discuss, with your Dad, the building of the Janglia, I seem to recollect that we were both having bodywork done at the same time on our cars in a workshop in the Pinner area during, I think, 1966/7. We met on the track a few times whilst he had the Janglia, and my memory of the car is that it was certainly fast in a straight line.

Mike
Old 21 Mar 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3382733)   #5
backfire
Rookie

backfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As is well known, the Janglia was campaigned by Mick Hill prior to him building the Boss Capri. Mick did a lot of development on the car and was very competitive at the Silverstone Club circuit although struggling to keep up with the Falcon Sprints (David Howes & Rhoddy Harvey-Bailey). I think the car was with Fred Henderson in the eighties, but I don't know where it went after.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3382782)   #6
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
If you discuss, with your Dad, the building of the Janglia, I seem to recollect that we were both having bodywork done at the same time on our cars in a workshop in the Pinner area during, I think, 1966/7.
The bodywork I referred to was the re-profiling of the wheel arches on my Anglia to take the 12in fronts and 15in rears. The work on the Janglia was, from memory, the repositioning of the front bulkhead to allow room for the Jag engine and also re-profiling of the wjheel arches.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 08:29 (Ref:4008187)   #7
dave366
Rookie

dave366 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Scantlebury

After the Janglia got sold to Mick Hill he raced a 1650cc Anglia 105e for several seasons and then switched to a Austin Healey 3000 which he raced under the banner of P.E.A.R Performance, Engineering and Racing. The Dainler Dart SP250 was taken in as a part exchange car sale and was then sold on.
Old 3 Oct 2020, 09:47 (Ref:4008198)   #8
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do I remember him driving a Standard 8 in special saloons?
Old 3 Oct 2020, 18:47 (Ref:4008314)   #9
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember the standard 8. Did he not have a significant crash at Paddock Bend with Martin Maulding.?
Old 3 Oct 2020, 19:56 (Ref:4008331)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Do I remember him driving a Standard 8 in special saloons?
I remember from years ago a Standard 8 or 10 called "The Bog Standard" it was either in Special Saloons or Rallycross but can't remember who drove it.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Oct 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4009912)   #11
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Richard Sandiland.

It was Richard Sandiland that raced the Standard, not Richard Scantlebury.
The original Jaglia was indeed bought by Mick Hill from Richard Scantlebury, and I bought Richard's transporter at the same time. After a fire at Mick's garage, I supplied a bodyshell for the NEW Janglia.