Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2791628)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
CSCC Brands Hatch (Indy)

Races to be added.
Old 5 May 2011, 13:32 (Ref:2874571)   #2
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going both days with my XJS - anyone else going?
Old 5 May 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2874629)   #3
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me - In my wifes Hyundai Getz, but as you getz i'm not racing.
Old 7 May 2011, 05:35 (Ref:2875656)   #4
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So just me and you then - see you there!
Old 8 May 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2876635)   #5
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Good day yesterday, practice was very slippy, qualified 9th, just missed rearending car two rows in front off start as he rearended car in front of him, slipped back & then worked way up to 5th, although lap times were a bit slow.

Just had breakfast & Uncle Al has turned up, so off for second race and a relaxed day's motorsport at Brands
Old 10 May 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2877938)   #6
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We were out in our positively modern yellow Fiat Coupe in Future Classics on Sunday and I have to admit that it was most enjoyable. Practice was very slippery which suited the FWD Fiat very well (but less so the 911s that seemed to enjoy do pretty little spins!) but sadly it dried up so we qualified mid-field.

Jason made his traditional excellent start and got to 10th by the end of the first lap and then had some good racing with an interesting mix of cars (Transam, Astra, Aston V8, various Porsches). A great driver change just as the safety car period started for a short stint meant we probably made up a couple of positions. I very much enjoyed racing the Fiat - unusual to have a car do exactly what your require of it (used to historic cars being a wee bit temperamental) and in the end we finished a very creditable 9th overall.

I hear there were dramas on Saturday in the very difficult conditions but thankfully everyone seems fine.

Another terrific event organised by the CSCC. Next event for us is Mallory at the end of May with Julius' HRDC - we may be brave and bring out both the Lancia Aurelia and Fiat Abarth again subject to the engine going back in the Abarth with no issues...
Old 10 May 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2877967)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lovely informative post there, Louise, hope we can catch up somewhere this year!
Old 10 May 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2878063)   #8
DianeH
Racer

United Kingdom
Retford
DianeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all the marshalls for their excellent job throughout the weekend. Glad I manage to give the pit lane marshalls a good laugh while I was getting so very nervous /excited while Kev & Mark were racing in the Red TR4 in the swinging sixties race I know I should be used to it by now

Great weekend, cannot wait to do all again soon
Old 10 May 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2878280)   #9
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few photos from the Saturday are up online onm http://www.snappyracers.com/album/070511Brands/ if you want a browse. Will try and get Sunday's done later!
Old 10 May 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2878296)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I videoed Cliff's 2nd XJS race on the Sunday if any one wants a look.

Part one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-A8PmcwaM

Part two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRm8oY2J-D4
Old 10 May 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2878430)   #11
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Started 5th on Sunday and got past third place car on start, as did my friend James who was 4th. Spent the first half of the race fending off the car I'd mugged off the line, who had more power and could catch me on the straight, but I could get away again in the twisty bits and he had to pass me.

This allowed the first three to get away slightly, as you can see in the video, so when I finally got a bit of a gap I set after James who was 3rd, but just couldn't catch him.

Great weekends racing, I just didn't seem to get paddock right, has it been changed recently?
Old 10 May 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2878478)   #12
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant View Post
A few photos from the Saturday are up online onm http://www.snappyracers.com/album/070511Brands/ if you want a browse. Will try and get Sunday's done later!

Some great pictures there - really captures the day. Great mix of cars and some really good races - Swinging '60's battle between the 2 TR4s, Midgets and NSU was fantastic - well done to Team Hadfield for getting 2nd place - itwas nail biting stuff!
Old 11 May 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2878587)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
There was an excellent saloon race between Gail Hill and a guy in a coupe Gail clinching the laurels but it was race long, I have some video of it when I get round to processing I will youtube it, worth a watch.
Old 11 May 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2878610)   #14
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some great racing as usual, hats off to all the marshals for clearing up so efficiently after the scimitar / lotus / 7 incident on Saturday, few shots here

http://david-stallard.smugmug.com/Pe...829492_BPpLw6W

Scary how it can go so wrong so quickly, if you look at shot #0317 you can see part of the scimitar's bodywork inside the Lotus. On the plus side - they ALL got out and walked away which is a result in my book.

See you all at Donington at the end of the month.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 11 May 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2878714)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I am making (or hoping to as I have entered) a guest appearance at the Donington meeting David in the Sports vs Saloons race on Saturday, I will bring my 3rd gen IROC-Z and hope I don't squash any Caterfields/Lotus 7 thingies.
Old 11 May 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2878732)   #16
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Al - will keep a look out for you, if you see me wandering around the paddock feel free to stop me and administer coffee

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 12 May 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2879269)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I am making (or hoping to as I have entered) a guest appearance at the Donington meeting David in the Sports vs Saloons race on Saturday, I will bring my 3rd gen IROC-Z and hope I don't squash any Caterfields/Lotus 7 thingies.

We're intending being at Donington to catch up with people and get frustrated at not racing - so if you want any help in ajmming your throttle open or such-like - just ask!
Old 12 May 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2879490)   #18
gilduffy
Rookie

gilduffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really enjoyed the Swinging Sixties race in the Frogeye, messed up the pitstop but great fun.
Have had to come to terms with the fact that Daughter Pippa was 3 hundredths faster than me!
Old 12 May 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2879519)   #19
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilduffy View Post
Really enjoyed the Swinging Sixties race in the Frogeye, messed up the pitstop but great fun.
Have had to come to terms with the fact that Daughter Pippa was 3 hundredths faster than me!
join the club Gil - that time comes to most of us sooner or later...
Old 13 May 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2879981)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilduffy View Post
Its sort of traditional - the "guest driver" usually manages to be quicker.....however if you want a loan of the book of reasons why either first or second driver is quicker we've compiled a fairly good list over the last few years