Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 19 Mar 2014, 23:45 (Ref:3382069)   #1
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indian Formula 3?

I have just found that an Indian, Czech Republican and Polish F3 championship once existed in the 90's and even in the case of Poland existed as recently as 2006.

I found out with this website (http://www.motorsportsresults.com/INDEX.Monoplaces.html) and was wondering if anyone had any other information or whether these F3 championships were run alongside other junior formulae or F.Libre? The Indian championship is really interesting, because drivers like Marc Goossens, Jamie Spence and Warren Hughes have all apparently competed and won races in it.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3382186)   #2
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's like the MRF Challenge, a current Indian championship with F3 cars. This year Ellinas won it.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3382262)   #3
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
I found out with this website (http://www.motorsportsresults.com/INDEX.Monoplaces.html) and was wondering if anyone had any other information or whether these F3 championships were run alongside other junior formulae or F.Libre? The Indian championship is really interesting, because drivers like Marc Goossens, Jamie Spence and Warren Hughes have all apparently competed and won races in it.
That's interesting. I always assumed the Madras GP was a single weekend event, but from those results there seems to have been a mini-series held on two consecutive weekends.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3382457)   #4
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
That's interesting. I always assumed the Madras GP was a single weekend event, but from those results there seems to have been a mini-series held on two consecutive weekends.
Indeed it was. The series was rejuvenated in 1999 on the same format. From memory, the main front runners were Martin O'Connell and Charles Hall in TOMS Toyotas and Jeremie Dufour in a Carlin run Dallara.