Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Mar 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3381025)   #176
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
****ing coupes, street racing cars and muscle cars. 'the **** happened to this once great GT series.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3381039)   #177
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see this as a problem, just as a reminder, the GT3 class is targeted to privateers and gentleman, with electronic aids, so this is not by definition the star GT class, the problem is that due to the lack of cost controls, allmost all star classes are dead or struggling.
Old 18 Mar 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3381361)   #178
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
****ing coupes, street racing cars and muscle cars. 'the **** happened to this once great GT series.
Without those cars we'd be down to a Ferrari SuperCopa with some additional Lamborghinis, a few McLarens and the occasional Porsche.

I prefer today's diversity in GT3 because it covers the wide field of different approaches to sportscars and Gran Tourers.

I have my opinion, you've got yours (and choosing the right words matters as well.)

Last edited by IndyMeister; 18 Mar 2014 at 07:30.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3382329)   #179
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Black Falcon doing BES with 1 PRO and 1 PRO-AM:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...on%20in%202014

MVDS will do minimum 24h Spa with minimum one car:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...er_series_id=0
Old 21 Mar 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3382538)   #180
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
MVDS are doing Spa and N24 because they are under contract with BMW as a BMW semi works team. It's great to have them at Spa. Hopefully they have Maxime Martin in one car.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3383995)   #181
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Australian team Lago Racing (who's owner driver is a TenTenths member) have entered their Gallardo for Spa. Drivers consist of regular drivers Roger Lago and Dave Russell along with ex V8 Supercar drivers Steve Owen and Steve Richards.

Great to see an Aussie team going to Spa again. Hope they do well
thanks rich07. Russell and Owen will be at the test day in my lambo July 2nd.

good thing I am sending them then as there is very little practice scheduled for the 24hr weekend.

doing the test day will give richo and myself more seat time during the 24hr weekend.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3384053)   #182
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That's some good thinking re: the seat time. Have any of you guys raced at Spa before?
Old 25 Mar 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3384336)   #183
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
That's some good thinking re: the seat time. Have any of you guys raced at Spa before?
Sorry! I am more on the theoretical side of things... like the Blancpain GT Series class structures (sorry for any reposting and getting a bit off topic):

Old 26 Mar 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3384491)   #184
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
Sorry! I am more on the theoretical side of things... like the Blancpain GT Series class structures (sorry for any reposting and getting a bit off topic):

That's ok-the question was actually aimed at Scudd
Old 26 Mar 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3384748)   #185
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Motorbase/Oman Racing Team Aston confirmed in Pro Cup- Michael Caine/Ahmad Al-Harthy/Stephen Jelley.
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/be...rs-pro-lineup/

Caine & Al-Harthy will also run the British GT season in the car
Old 28 Mar 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3385853)   #186
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Time for an update:

quote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, that's part of the list, by now:

* UNCONFIRMED CAR ** UNCONFIRMED CLASS

TEAM DRIVERS SOURCE)
PRO
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
1x WRT Belgian Audi Club Laurens Vanthoor(B)/Marc Basseng(D)/César Ramos (BR)
1x WRT Belgian Audi Club Christopher Mies(D)/Frank Stippler(D)/James Nash (GB) (BES)

Mercedes BENZ SLS AMG GT3
1x HTP Stef Dussep ? Lucas Stolz ? Harold Primat(/ Bern Schneider(SPA))(EI)
1x Black Falcon Abdulaziz Turki AlFaisal, Hubert Haupt and Andreas Simonsen (BES)

Bentley Continental GT3
1x M-Sport Bentley Guy Smith /Andy Meyrick / Steven Kane (EI)
1x M-Sport Bentley Duncan Tappy /Antoine Leclerc/Jérôme D’Ambrosio (BES)

BMW Z4 GT3 (E89)
1x BMW Team Brasil ?????? TBA / TBA / TBA (SPA) (sportscar365 Baku Weekend Notebook)*
1x MVDS BMW Works driver /BMW Works driver/BMW Works driver (SPA) (BES)

Viper GT3-R
Team RaceArt Roger Grouwels / TBA / TBA(Selected rounds) Autosport.nl(JorritVD)*

Reiter Camaro GT3
1x Reiter engineering Peter Kox/Tomas Enge/Albert von Thurn und Taxis (BES)

Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3
1x AMR FACTORY ???? TBA / TBA / TBA(Silverstone + SPA24)(sportscar365) *
1x Oman Racing Team Michael Caine /Ahmad Al-Harthy/ Stephen Jelley. (BES/sportscar365)

Callaway CORVETTE C7 GT3
1x Callaway TBA TBA / TBA / TBA(Selected rounds) (sportscar365 Baku Weekend Notebook)

PRO - AM
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
1x KESSEL RACING Michal Broniszewski / Italian Giacomo Petrobelli (BES)
1x AF CORSE TBA / TBA / TBA (Ferrari #50) (BES)
1x TEAM UKRAINE TBA / TBA / TBA **
1x TEAM UKRAINE TBA / TBA / TBA ** (BES-AFCorse)
1x Flex-Box Martin Jensen / Dennis Andersen (BES)
1x Villorba racing Francesco Castellacci/ Stefano Gai / Andrea Rizzoli (sportscar365)

Audi R8 LMS Ultra
1x Team Parker Racing Ian Loggie, Chris Jones and Julian Westwood. (EI)
1x Team Parker Racing TBA / TBA / TBA (http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-240609.html)

Mclaren MP4-12C GT3
1x Boutsen Ginion Team Karim Ojjeh / Martin Van Hove / TBA ** (sportscar365)

Mercedes BENZ SLS AMG GT3
1x Black Falcon Mikhail Loboda, Yury Loboda and Vladimir Lunkin (BES)

PORSCHE 911 GT3
1x Almeras Pro GT Perrera / Dermont / TBA (EI Alméras Pro GT program)
1x Autorlando Sport Matteo Beretta / TBA / TBA (sportscar365) * (BSS or BES or BES+GTOpen)

BNW Z4 GT3 (E89)
1x ROAL Motordport Michela Cerruti / Stefano Comandini / Eugenio Amos (BES)
1x Barwell MP-Ecurie Ecosse Alasdair McCaig / Andrew Smith / Olly Bryant (Joe Twyman SPA) (BES)
1x TDS Racing team Eric Clément/Benjamin Lariche/Nicolas Armindo (BMW # 10) (BES)
1x TDS Racing team Henry Hassid (FRA) and Nicky Catsburg (NED) (BMW # 12) (BES)

Lamborghini Gallardo FLV2
1 x rhino Leipert Motorsport TBA / TBA / TBA (EI - rhino’s Leipert Motorsport en Blancpain GT Series)

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Lago Racing of Australia 24 Hours of Spa Roger Lago /DavidRussell/Steven Richards/Steven Owen. (BES)

Nissan GT-R R35 GT3
1x Nissan GT Academy Team RJN Katsumasa Chiyo/ Nick McMillen (USA) (Nismo 2014 Prereleas)
1x Nissan GT Academy Team RJN Miguel Faisca (Portugal)/Stanislav Aksenov (Russia)/Florian Strauss*

Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3
1x MP Motorsport AMR Richard Abra / Mark Poole / Joe Osborne (BES)
1x Beechdean AMR TBA / TBA / TBA (Silverstone + SPA24)*(EI - Un programme partiel pour Beechdean AMR en 2014)

GENTLEMAN
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
1x KESSEL RACING Stephen Earle / German Freddy Kremer (BES)
1x AF CORSE Filipe Barreiros/Peter Mann/Francisco Guedes (Ferrari #51) (BES)
1x AF CORSE Yannick Mallegol/Howard Blank/Jean-Marc Bachelier (Ferrari #49) (BES)
1x Insight Racing with Flex-Box Martin Jensen / Dennis Andersen / (SPA24)Jason Yeomans (sportscar365)

Audi R8 LMS Ultra
1x WRT Belgian Audi Club Yves Weerts(B)/Jean-Luc Blanchemain(F)/Christian Kelders (B) (BES)

JEmil Frey Jaguar XK GT3
Emil Frey Racing Fredy Barth / Lorenz Frey / Gabriele Gardel (BES)

Last edited by urdragon; 28 Mar 2014 at 23:20.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3385971)   #187
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Another potential Australian visitor for Spa- Erebus Motorsport possibly bringing one of their Mercedes over:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/03/28/...24-hour-debut/
Old 29 Mar 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3385976)   #188
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Another potential Australian visitor for Spa- Erebus Motorsport possibly bringing one of their Mercedes over:

Hmmmm!

Engel to be joined by Will Davison (V8SC calendar permitting) and another Merc linked European based driver maybe?
Old 29 Mar 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3385981)   #189
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All virgins mate.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3385991)   #190
IndyMeister
Racer

@ Urdragon: Pretty comprehensive list!

1 addition: Boutsen planing to field 2 McLaren (source: Olivia Lainé-Boutsen)

I'm not sure about the "Baku Notebook Cars" of AH Competições and Callaway because I haven't heard any more precise information about their BES plans...
Old 29 Mar 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3386066)   #191
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW team Brazil are composed by Caca Bueno and Nelson Angelo Piquet driver line-up to run BES Sprint Series

http://www.bmwsportstrophyteambrasil...nde-com-bmw-z4 (in portuguese)
Old 29 Mar 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3386074)   #192
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
BMW team Brazil are composed by Caca Bueno and Nelson Angelo Piquet driver line-up to run BES Sprint Series

http://www.bmwsportstrophyteambrasil...nde-com-bmw-z4 (in portuguese)
I don't speak Portuguese but doesn't that article only speak about the tests?
Old 29 Mar 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3386116)   #193
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't speak Portuguese but doesn't that article only speak about the tests?
yep, they were at paul ricard for the test with all bmws teams and revealed bes 2014 schedule...
Old 29 Mar 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3386267)   #194
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
You got my hopes up then, that certainly doesn't mention BES, just the BSS sprint series.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 01:08 (Ref:3386305)   #195
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
@ Urdragon: Pretty comprehensive list!

1 addition: Boutsen planing to field 2 McLaren (source: Olivia Lainé-Boutsen)

I'm not sure about the "Baku Notebook Cars" of AH Competições and Callaway because I haven't heard any more precise information about their BES plans...
Writed down for next update.

Yes, some news are quite old (Like Beechedean from 2013) but since seems Ratel has marked about 45 cars I will leave them, some of them I'm sure they may appear at the end, and some are one off entries that will not be at Monza anyway.

The only car i've removed from previous list is the Seb loeb Audi, since they seem to have field their cars at ELMS instead, but anyway i do not discard that Loeb himself lines a car at Blancpain.

This list is only for the Endurance series, for the sprint series (Like the Piquet jnr entry) visit (http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...139957&page=13) or Indymeister's list (http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...france-nogaro/)

Last edited by urdragon; 30 Mar 2014 at 01:14.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 01:20 (Ref:3386307)   #196
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post

Writed down too.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3387706)   #197
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
2014 Blancpain Endurance Series

Australian touring car star and this years Bathurst 12hr winner Craig Lowndes to drive for AF Corse at Spa 24hr in one of their cars alongside fellow Aussie Steve Wyatt . Third driver to be announced later
Old 2 Apr 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3387722)   #198
IndyMeister
Racer

Quote:
Australian touring car star and this years Bathurst 12hr winner Craig Lowndes to drive for AF Corse at Spa 24hr in one of their cars alongside fellow Aussie Steve Wyatt . Third driver to be announced later
Australia and Spa seem to go together nicely this year. Good to have international flavour at the 24 hours.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3387739)   #199
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Australia and Spa seem to go together nicely this year. Good to have international flavour at the 24 hours.

The race might just have an Australian flavor to savor this year.

Roger and co with their Gallardo
Lowndes to race with AF Corse

Possibly an Erebus SLS
Possibly a Nissan V8 Supercar driver in one of their GT-Rs
Old 3 Apr 2014, 01:06 (Ref:3388117)   #200
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would really be great if all the trends for Australian GT on this site were filed under "Sportscar & GT Racing" and not "Australasian Touring Cars."