Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 30 Jan 2002, 18:52 (Ref:206720)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Space under name

I've been looking around the forums to see if any other Veteran posters have this, I seem to have a small space under my name, unlike everyone else. :confused: Help?!
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:33 (Ref:206766)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be one, cos the number of posts and your join date have been moved. Which leave this ugly blank space. I say move them back.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:39 (Ref:206774)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Depends on what size window you are using. I get the same but not if I run full screen. It's a minor HTML issue.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:46 (Ref:206785)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nope. That's not the problem. Hakkimans is a veteran like me, yet the space under his name is nearly non existent compared to mine.
I originally thought the space was for some sort of avatar(or image), or is it because it is me viewing my own post that it does that?

And I've now lost everyone!
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:49 (Ref:206788)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No idea what might be causing it, but it's not a gap left from where number of posts etc used to be located otherwise that would be showing up for everyone. Hakkiman, I should think most people have got pretty bored with you critisising the new look forums in every post. There's a lot of people, most especially Craig, who have put an awful lot of hard work into getting the new look site online and I don't think the constant critisism is warranted.
Anyway, back on topic, could it be something to do with trying to upload a profile photo if you've tried that? I've no basis for suggesting that might be the cause, just trying to think what might be different about your profile. Most likely I'm just barking up completely the wrong tree as usual
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:54 (Ref:206795)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Can anyone else see the space? Between "touringlegend" and "Veteran" below it?

I don't think I've tried uploading a profile pic. I think I'll have a fiddle round my control panel and see what it does there.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 19:55 (Ref:206800)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, thanks for your inout hakkiman

Touringlegend, I think Redshoes is right - it's simply a minor HTML issue. Purely out of my own curiosity - it doesn't detract from the forum use in any way (think of yourself as special as you have the gap! ) - I have looked over the templates and couldn't see anything. Once I have a little more time I will have a proper look
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:02 (Ref:206805)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I think in the HTML for the forum, when my name is complete there is a <P> tag after touringlegend, because it is like a new paragraph.

Infact, I think it looks ok, maybe better than having one of those fancy descriptions right under your name. I thought I was going to get something fancy for a while!
So I take it none of you can see this space?
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:05 (Ref:206808)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
See what I mean? I put the < p > tag (but without the spaces), and thats what the space under my name looks like.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:07 (Ref:206812)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
There's a space after the ] (around the search icon) and before the &lt;BR&gt;. touringlegend has a long name which mean the space gets moved onto a new line, hakkiman's name is shorter so it doesn't.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Craig.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:11 (Ref:206817)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
touringlegend has a long name which mean the space gets moved onto a new line, hakkiman's name is shorter so it doesn't.

Ah! I think you've probably hit the nail on the head Redshoes. Now, I'm off to see if any other 13 character names have the same problem.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 20:23 (Ref:206845)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Ah... thanks for that Reds...

Fixed. Now on to the more pressing matters... hehe!
Old 30 Jan 2002, 21:03 (Ref:206921)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Ah... thanks for that Reds...

Fixed. Now on to the more pressing matters... hehe!

Cheers for that your highness