Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:32 (Ref:633162)   #1
billaboy
Rookie

billaboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS Crossing the pit out line?

How come other than the broadcasters nothing was said about "Mr. Personality" crossing the pit out line? To me it really looked like he did.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:38 (Ref:633166)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome billaboy.

Uhn... I guess there was no crossing the line, in the 2 pit stops he did.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:40 (Ref:633169)   #3
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it looked close, but though he JUST got away with it.

Hate it when races are decided on silly things like that, though obviously realise that such rules can be needed.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 17:13 (Ref:633214)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
During the race, it was announced that "car no. 1 is under investigation" for possibly crossing the line at pit exit. It was very close, they examined it, and found that he had not crossed the line.

Nevertheless, welcome, billaboy!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 20:39 (Ref:633439)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So what? (in response to B-boy)
Coulthard got very close too and he got away with it.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 16 Jun 2003 at 20:40.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 21:00 (Ref:633473)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This happens every race just about. Bar Imola which doesn't really have a pit exit line. look, Schuey won fair and square, OK? No need to get jealous. he was investigated after all....
Old 16 Jun 2003, 21:18 (Ref:633505)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also was it me or could a significant advantage have been gained by starting the race from the end of the pitlane? I mean it was a straight run and although Kimi didn't benefit because he refuelled once the race was underway it looked as though someone couldve made a few places depending on when they wouldve been released.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 21:48 (Ref:633559)   #8
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok...another one, JPM missed the chicane like 5 or 6 times, no actions on that either.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 22:23 (Ref:633599)   #9
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome billaboy!

Stranger, in a post race interview JPM said he was warned and had to stop - he was having problems with the brakes and had trouble making the turn-in. (see Chui's post in the "Montoya-PAH" thread).

For once the stewards kept their focus on the important stuff...

Last edited by JohnSSC; 16 Jun 2003 at 22:25.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 17 Jun 2003, 04:24 (Ref:633731)   #10
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stranger
Ok...another one, JPM missed the chicane like 5 or 6 times, no actions on that either.
Didn't gain any advantage or gain a place, and btw, I don't think it was 5 or 6 times.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 17 Jun 2003, 09:47 (Ref:633930)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stranger
As Mattracer said, he didn't gain anything, however, had they penalised him, they'd have had to have penalised half the grid at some time or other, the first time JPM cut the chicane, Michael had done about 10 seconds before hand.

With regards to the pit lane exit, i have to say that it looked very close for Michael, but, unfortunatly, ITV (and i'm presuming, all the other tv company's) didn't have a head on camera shot, so the shot they did have, might have been mis-leading either way (he may have been closer to it, or further away, we'll never know)