Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 29 Jun 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3428162)   #1
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren M7C - Fuel pump

Gurus of 10/10ths!

Please explain an anomaly that is puzzling me and others on the TR Register message board. Triumphs were the first (and the last) production cars to have Lucas Pi fuel injection, so we alwasy have an interest in other applications of the systm.

McLaren have, carefully preserved in the Tech Museum, and displayed at Goodwood, an M7C car. The car used Lucas Pi fuel injection, and has a Lucas Pi fuel pump, which is easily seen on the left side of the car, just in front of the engine compartment, attached BY A CABLE TIE. No sign of a bracket or any attachment other that thin strip of plastic.

See: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/img/3...-Cosworth.html

I can't believe that this was the case 'in the day'. Quite apart from it's vulnerable position, its attached by a zipstrip! No scrutineer would pass that! Is this a bodge to get the car running for Goodwood or another exhibit and never corrected?

JOhn
Old 20 Jul 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3435750)   #2
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All,
I contacted McLaren at thieir head office, and they said they would pass on my question to the Mclaren museum curator. But after two weeks, no response. Does no one on 10/10ths know?

JOhn