Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Oct 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1127432)   #51
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by '70 Mach 1
I had a couple of pics to post, but I'm not allowed to for some reason .... oh well, they weren't that great anyway...
Yep, we can't post pics anymore, due to bandwidth... have you any website to host them ?
Old 18 Oct 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1127433)   #52
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
What was with the Motors TV highlights show?
For the highlights I don't know, but the coverage was decent...
Old 18 Oct 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1127441)   #53
'70 Mach 1
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA. USA
'70 Mach 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Yep, we can't post pics anymore, due to bandwidth... have you any website to host them ?
Not quite yet, I still have to sort through them and find some that are worthy of being seen by other people. But I'll get some posted eventually...
Old 18 Oct 2004, 16:39 (Ref:1127444)   #54
'70 Mach 1
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Night racing is nothing short of awesome....glad you enjoyed...it certainly is a great experience to see the glowing rotors and the flames from the exhausts....

ON the crowds....

It has been my experience that stortscar fans seldom, if ever, sit in the grandstands....most spend their time going to various vantage points around the circuit to watch the action during the course of the event to get different racing percpectives of the action....

I try to judge crowds by their overall density in various locations around the facility, plus how heavy the traffic seems to be when leaving....
I agree about the crowd dipersal, and we put a few miles on moving about. To me, this race seemed better attended than Infineon. And I find it to be a much more spectator-friendly track, as you can get much closer to the track in some locations. There were more people than I would have expected on Friday and Sunday as well. All in all a very enjoyable event...
Old 18 Oct 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1127793)   #55
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on motors TV they gave us a mention !!! the comentator said hello (someone on this fourm) keeping all the ten tenths fourm updated !!!! so who ever you are well done mate !!!
Old 18 Oct 2004, 22:34 (Ref:1127820)   #56
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was Fab. I sent an e-mail to RLM asking them to give him a mention.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1128434)   #57
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I had an awesome Saturday!

The first point I'd like to make is that this format really worked well for Laguna. I thought the four hour race on Saturday was brilliant. Although, I'm curious how attendence was on Sunday. Overall, attendence seemed strong, but it's difficult to measure at this track. We sat on the hill overlooking turns 10 and 11, which also allowed us to see the front straight and the first five turns. There were quite a few people in this area, but very spread out. I encourage people that enjoyed it to email the track. They'll have a battle with surrounding home-owners to do this again.

The race was intense! We had a great spot and saw most of the overtaking. How awesome was it when Lehto put a move on Minnasian only to lose the spot two corners later?!! Let me tell you, Lehto was visibly impatient and always looking for an opportunity and even tried to force the issue on a couple of occassions. And the rain...are these guys nuts? Slick and dark. Geeze!

We tried the pit lane walk for the first time, which was really cool. But REALLY busy! I've never seen so many people in one small spot. I managed some good close up pictures of the cars, and perhaps a grid girl or two. Heck, even my five year old son managed a shot with a grid girl.

As for the TV coverage. Well it sucked. It didn't come close to doing it justice. And the networks in this country don't have a clue about covering racing. Especially sportscar racing. It was far more exciting being there in person.

Oh yeah, and check out the Johnny Herbert interview on rfmsports.com, I may have had a hand in that one.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 17:16 (Ref:1128545)   #58
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
That was Fab. I sent an e-mail to RLM asking them to give him a mention.
Thanks for that JAG !

But I'm not sure I could even get it : they mentionned it on the English MotorsTV, and I was on the French side ! That's great for Ten-Tenths anyway, and how proud I am now !

Incidentaly, I'll have my lunch on the Hunaudières the two next days... ;P

Last edited by Fab; 19 Oct 2004 at 17:17.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1128604)   #59
'70 Mach 1
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Well I had an awesome Saturday!

The first point I'd like to make is that this format really worked well for Laguna. I thought the four hour race on Saturday was brilliant. Although, I'm curious how attendence was on Sunday. Overall, attendence seemed strong, but it's difficult to measure at this track. We sat on the hill overlooking turns 10 and 11, which also allowed us to see the front straight and the first five turns. There were quite a few people in this area, but very spread out. I encourage people that enjoyed it to email the track. They'll have a battle with surrounding home-owners to do this again.
Agreed ... I really liked having the race on Saturday. Since, I'm guessing that most of the campers stayed Sat. nite, it made exiting the track a snap after the race on Saturday. We made it from Wolf Hill parking to our hotel in Salinas in about 25 minutes or so. We came back on Sunday for the SPEED Touring Car race (had to leave right after that though) and I was surprised at how many people were there ... we didn't walk the track on Sunday, just stayed in the vicinty of the Yokohama bridge so I couldn't begin to guess how many people were there....
Old 19 Oct 2004, 18:47 (Ref:1128614)   #60
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
How awesome was it when Lehto put a move on Minnasian only to lose the spot two corners later?!!

Quote:
and perhaps a grid girl or two. Heck, even my five year old son managed a shot with a grid girl.
I want to see the evidences ! *drool*
Old 19 Oct 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1128651)   #61
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't have the capability of posting anything Fab, but I can send you some stuff if you can post it. Also managed a good shot of the DBA and Audi battle.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 20:01 (Ref:1128711)   #62
Shady#30
Rookie

Shady#30 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can put them up on my webshots site if you want, just email me slightlyshady1@hotmail.com
Old 20 Oct 2004, 14:28 (Ref:1129526)   #63
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Thanks Ashley! I'll do that later this week.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 16:41 (Ref:1129667)   #64
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Can't wait to see the pics ! Thanks to both of you !
Old 24 Oct 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1134152)   #65
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a short nore to say thanks for alll the support for ALMS and LMES this year.

Remember GlobeCast Radio on Sky 907 is broadcasting right through the winter, with features and live programmes.

Stay tuned for some exclusive live shows from major motorsport awards/social/exhibitions to keep you going through the winter...

JH

Last edited by hindy; 24 Oct 2004 at 20:10.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1134247)   #66
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John, any idea of the likelihood that the 2004 season will be available on archive like 2002 and 2003?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 25 Oct 2004, 10:47 (Ref:1134808)   #67
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the races are archived automatically by Real Audio. However I know that the site is being 'tidied up' at the mo' and so getting to the '04 archive is a little more difficult than it should be.

I suggest a note on the ALMS message board or a line dropped to the americanlemans.com webmaster. I Have a thought that I already posted a link on there somewhre but I can't remember waht it was - doh!!

Let me know if you get any joy as we have had some terrific racing this year, the archive will help me get through the winter...

Good luck!

JH

Last edited by hindy; 25 Oct 2004 at 10:48.