Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 May 2009, 00:12 (Ref:2465458)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Exactly, so why should Silversone carry an advantage over history?
It shouldn't.

So we should wave goodbye to both Silverstone and Ferrari and thanks for the memories.

Dream Calendar: Spa,Suzuka,Spa,Suzuka,Spa,Suzuka....,and then somewhere like Valencia just for contrast.

Monaco coming up,but as a circuit it doesn't do much for F1.
Old 20 May 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2465475)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Monaco coming up,but as a circuit it doesn't do much for F1.
But for F1 Monaco it is much more than about the racing circuit..
Old 20 May 2009, 02:48 (Ref:2465480)   #28
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the current rate, having a British GP at all in 2010 may be considered among the realms of fantasy.....
Old 20 May 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2465574)   #29
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Donnington and Brands could be. Donnington should be soon.

I went to Silverstone to watch a Grand Prix and it completely uninterested me. I'd rather go to Spa.
Brands isn't, to my knowledge..

Selby
Old 20 May 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2465595)   #30
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know a lot of people will hate me for this, but I don't think Brands would actually be that good. Just look at the BTCC races for a start, I know they were on the Indy circuit, but they couldn't really pass at druids, and there aren't many opportunities through the back section. I think both Silverstone and Donington would be better. I'm looking forward to the new Donington. The new layout doesn't change what's there, but just adds a new bit, and what's already there is a damn good track. I just hope it gets built in time.
Old 20 May 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2465664)   #31
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh i'd agree with the above, actually. Although, I couldn't help but want to see if F1 at Brands would work. It just won't happen anytime soon. The run offs can't comply with the F1 safety standards, surely (Druids, for instance, not to mention Paddock Hill).

Selby
Old 20 May 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2465889)   #32
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
I know a lot of people will hate me for this, but I don't think Brands would actually be that good. Just look at the BTCC races for a start, I know they were on the Indy circuit, but they couldn't really pass at druids, and there aren't many opportunities through the back section. I think both Silverstone and Donington would be better. I'm looking forward to the new Donington. The new layout doesn't change what's there, but just adds a new bit, and what's already there is a damn good track. I just hope it gets built in time.
Yes but at Brands you could appreciate your surroundings when its a dull race, unlike Silverstone.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2466015)   #33
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Albert Park - always provides interesting races
Sepang
Interlagos
Kyalami
Imola - pre 1995
Portimao
Jerez
Monaco
Istanbul Park
Montreal
Road America - its great for sportscars
Dijon
Hockenheim - old
Silverstone
Hungaroring - we need some variety
Spa
Monza
Singapore
Suzuka
Old 20 May 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2466018)   #34
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Yeh i'd agree with the above, actually. Although, I couldn't help but want to see if F1 at Brands would work. It just won't happen anytime soon. The run offs can't comply with the F1 safety standards, surely (Druids, for instance, not to mention Paddock Hill).

Selby
Obviously I didn't mean in current state, but it would be possible to extend the run-offs - they've done it at other circuits with lots of trees, such as a circuit I'm not going to name because I keep doing so in the F1 forum.
Old 20 May 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2466055)   #35
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes but at Brands you could appreciate your surroundings when its a dull race, unlike Silverstone.
Then why not Donington so we don't have to endure a dull race?
Old 20 May 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2466075)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
4. South America – Kylami
Another perfectly good track and race abandoned by Mr. E.
I'm having a hard time to find this one, maybe Chile or Peru ?
Old 21 May 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2466111)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Possibly abandoned by Bernie because no one knew where it was.
Old 21 May 2009, 00:49 (Ref:2466125)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eldorado ?
Old 22 May 2009, 04:57 (Ref:2466850)   #39
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
South Africa. Due to an unspecified computer error (ahem...) when I typed "Africa" it came out "America." And I Kyalami also has two a's.
Old 22 May 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2466979)   #40
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

South Africa. Due to an unspecified computer error (ahem...) when I typed "Africa" it came out "America." And I Kyalami also has two a's.
See? It happened again. I I don't know where that I came from.
Old 22 May 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2466981)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
See? It happened again. I I don't know where that I came from.
Naybe yher'es domethink qrong witg youe ketboird @
Old 22 May 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2467178)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I would love for Zeltweg to be restored to its former glory (I did hear a story that the Red Bull owner was doing just that). Of course you cant expect the barriers to be quite as close but something approaching the fast long sweeps it used to rather than the kart track they made into the A1 Ring...
Old 22 May 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2467230)   #43
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
This topic seems to come up every year, so here's my list, albeit mostly different from the last.

R1 - Australian GP - Adelaide Street Circuit.
R2 - Malaysian GP - Johor.
R3 - Singapore GP - Singapore Street Circuit.
R4 - Turkish GP - Istanbul.
R5 - Monte Carlo GP - Monaco Street Circuit.
R6 - Spanish GP - Valencia(Permanent Circuit).
R7 - British GP - Silverstone.
R8 - French GP - Le Mans Bugatti.
R9 - German GP - Wunstorf Airfield Circuit.
R10 - United States GP - Road America.
R11 - Canadian GP - Circuit de Gilles Villenueve.
R12 - Mexican GP - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.
R13 - European GP - Valencia Street Circuit.
R14 - Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps.
R15 - Italian GP - Monza.
R16 - Japanese GP - Fuji/Suzuka alternating.
R17 - Brasilian GP - Interlagos.
R18 - Argentinian GP - San Luis Street Circuit.
Old 23 May 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2467571)   #44
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Australian GP - Adelaide Street Circuit [Night Race]
2. South African GP - Kyalami
3. Spanish GP - Aragon
4. San Marino GP - Imola
5. European GP - Donington
6. Dutch GP - Zandvoort
7. German GP - Nurburgring
8. Monaco GP - Monaco
9. Canadian GP - Montreal
10. US GP - Indianapolis (MotoGP course with speedway T1)
11. Czech GP - Brno
12. British GP - Silverstone
13. French GP - Le Mans Bugatti
14. Scandinavian GP - Gotlandring
15. Belgian GP - Spa
16. Italian GP - Monza
17. Japanese GP - Suzuka
18. Portugeuse GP - Algarve
19. Argentine GP - San Luis
20. Brazilian GP - Interlagos
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 23 May 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2467653)   #45
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, if you consider that there are tratatives to bring back Argentine GP in... Mar del Plata streets???
Old 23 May 2009, 15:25 (Ref:2467667)   #46
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Interlagos
2. Adelaide
3. Sepang
4. Imola
5. Jerez
6. Monaco
7. New A1 ring
8. Old Hockenheim
9. Brands Hatch
10. Montreal
11. Mt Tremblant
12. Road Atlanta
13. Silverstone
14. Paul Ricard
15. Spa Francorchamps
16. Monza
17. Suzuka
18. Potrero de los Funes
Old 23 May 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2467673)   #47
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Well, if you consider that there are tratatives to bring back Argentine GP in... Mar del Plata streets???
San Luis/Potrero de Los Funes
Old 23 May 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2467701)   #48
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, a street circuit. That's what the rumour is

F1 will never go to Potrero. It's too dangerous
Old 23 May 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2467731)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Anything in Mar del Plata will be great !
Old 23 May 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2467733)   #50
Mistral
Rookie

France
Nîmes, France
Mistral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now it's time to Paul Ricard consider a come back. IMO, Paul Ricard is way better than Magny-Cours, they just need to remove those anwful blue run off areas.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75516