Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Dec 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1486113)   #126
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, no problem, was just wondering if I'd missed something... of course it's not always reported when drivers have done a deal, or are 99% certain to race for a team. Hanley at Cram certainly looks very likely. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in a full WS season.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1486123)   #127
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hanley is fast and will be running in the top, but remember Cram is not anymore what it used to be in the past.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1486188)   #128
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know i am biased but Cram are not a bad team, Salignon got them a pole and he was up at the sharp end for most of the season, easily a top 10 driver placing team in my opinion, if Hanley gets the drive and is any good himself he will do ok.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1486206)   #129
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find they'll be right up there from the start. I think Hanley is good, Cram are good, and they have a well-established relationship, driver-engineer, which always enables you to hit the ground running.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 19 Dec 2005, 10:12 (Ref:1486512)   #130
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hanley could well be a title contender if Cram can provide front running car regularly.

I'd fancy Maldonado versus Carbone for title battle. Dirani could be a threat if he does full season- but he need good equpment to shine.

Pilet and Salignon also will be contenders...
Old 19 Dec 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1486943)   #131
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Chunterer, nice to see you think Salignon will be a contender next year, have you got any clues as to what team he will be driving for, RC maybe?
Old 19 Dec 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1487001)   #132
winny
Rookie

Australia
winny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK this probably means nothing at all but I gathered all the drivers that tested for each team:

Carlin: Fleming, Aleshin, Heylen

Comtec: Stoddart , McIntosh, Dirani, Van der zande, Van Laagen

Cram: Hanley, Valsecchi, Mondini, De Silevestro, Bonetti

Dams: Briere, Clairay, Jowsey, Martinez

Draco: Maldonado, rees, Meneghello, Pasini, Bonetti, Maassen, Pavlovic, Kotska

Epsilon: Maldonado, Kotska, Mondini, Albuquerque, Valsecchi, Baguette, Nunez

Eurointernational: Carbone, Heng

GD Racing: Vervish, Pilet, Pellegrino, Meichtry, Canal

Interwetten: Soucek, Iaconnelli, Jarvis

Jenzer: Sharp, Oberle, Sevrin, Mondini, Van der Zande, Matsumura

KTR: Maassen, D'ambrosio, Kotska, Dirani, Saarinen, Jarvis, Kochem

Pons: Van Der Garde, Barba, Van Dam

RC: Tedeschi, Salignon, Groppi

Saulnier: Merlo, Lahaye, Laursen

Victory: Antinucci, Nunez, Melo, Wulff, Pasini, Watts, Laursen

(In Italics confirmed drivers)
Old 19 Dec 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1487020)   #133
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ammermüller tested for both RC and Draco

So far 58 drivers tested a WSR car in the official tests.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1487045)   #134
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Mind you how many can you cut from that list as Renault invites for doing well in their respective series?, still that is a lot of drivers for just two tests isn`t it.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1487179)   #135
winny
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Ammermüller tested for both RC and Draco

So far 58 drivers tested a WSR car in the official tests.
Yes I know I should have put him in there too but I thought as he's going to Gp2 anyway... (and I think it's already confirmed) it would be confusing... I know lots of drivers who tested are not actually going to race in WSR like Albuquerque (he's been testing FRenault 2.0) or others who tested as a reward. I think we'll have a better idea after all the Gp2 available seats will be taken. I guess most drivers would rather go to Gp2 so they're still waiting.

However we can see some drivers have tested for a few teams and others have tested regularly so I think those want to race in WSR anyway. I think it's the case of Hanley, Maldonado, Pasini, Van der Zande, Valsecchi,etc...
Old 20 Dec 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1487404)   #136
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
Chunterer, nice to see you think Salignon will be a contender next year, have you got any clues as to what team he will be driving for, RC maybe?
Nope, i've had difficulty keeping up with all the different drivers taking part in testing let alone judging who'd on it and who isn't or where they'll end up!

I think Eric would have looked at GP2 for next year if he'd had a better season. But we know he was not right for a while so maybe we'll see him pick up a WSR drive early, get some solid testing done and return to form in '06?
Old 20 Dec 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1487659)   #137
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
I am with you there chunterer, i think the road accident took a lot more out of Eric than people realise, he was definately finding a bit of form in the second half of the year, shame about Donnington but there you go eh, i would like to see him in at Dams or RC, fingers crossed on my part.
Old 21 Dec 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1487957)   #138
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yeah, he's one of quite a good crop of French drivers in and around that level at the moment - harks back to the 80's earlky 90's - the last time there was a whole host of guys always coming through.

Of the 'below F1' French drivers i feel that Pla and Gommendy may still be the driversd most likely to progress to F1. Bourdais and Treluyer may now have missed the boat.

WSR has Salignon, Pilet, Gommendy (but i think he may end up in a GP2 seat), Pasini and Pagenaud, all of whom showed some class at various points during the year, i'm not sure who may be joining them next year though?
Old 21 Dec 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1488016)   #139
Rees
Rookie

Brazil
Sao Paulo - Brasil
Rees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just an idea-

About Clairay in Dams: Dams was planning to leave WSR many races ago. In Le Castellet they rented their cars for SG Racing. So, maybe there's a link. Clairay was racing in SG in Renault 2000.
Team Interwetten #30
World Series by Renault 2005
Old 21 Dec 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1488023)   #140
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Erm, yep he's another French prospect i hadn't thought of in my previous post!!

Thanks for inadvertently reminding me Rees!!
Old 21 Dec 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1488184)   #141
winny
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rees
Just an idea-

About Clairay in Dams: Dams was planning to leave WSR many races ago. In Le Castellet they rented their cars for SG Racing. So, maybe there's a link. Clairay was racing in SG in Renault 2000.
Just read that Dams and Pons are incertain for 2006. Dams are can't deal with all the categories they are racing in (GP2 and A1) and they would like to quit WSR.
Pons is said to have financial problems after the loss of a sponsor...

If these two teams do not continue their places in the championship will be given to the teams that were willing to enter and that were cut out because of the 15 limit teams.
In 1st place on the waiting list there was Prema Powerteam and 2nd GP Racing (both italian teams).
Old 21 Dec 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1488196)   #142
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting, I just read that on italiaracing.net. Would be a real shame to lose good teams (although DAMS were probably not too happy about their season). GP Racing have recently confirmed they'll stay in F3000 Italia - I wonder if that will change if they get a WSR entry?

And Fernando, good to have you on the forum! Will you be racing for Draco this year?
Old 21 Dec 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1488222)   #143
Rees
Rookie

Brazil
Sao Paulo - Brasil
Rees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read the news also, interesting.
I was sure that Barba was signed in Pons already in Castellet.
We'll see what happens, maybe this news got some teams by surprise.

@jondownunder: Thanks!
This year (2005) I won't be racing anymore Just kidding.
So, everything is too complex to know, we'll see. I'll be in WSR.
Team Interwetten #30
World Series by Renault 2005
Old 21 Dec 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1488242)   #144
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Thanks, I knew you wouldn't be allowed to reveal too much yet Good luck next year, wherever you end up
Old 22 Dec 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1488761)   #145
winny
Rookie

Australia
Although he was testing for Euronova in F.Renault 2.0 in Valencia Jerome D'ambrosio will probably race in WSR in 2006.
Old 22 Dec 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1488858)   #146
winny
Rookie

Australia
The 2006 calendar is released:

April 28-30: Zolder (Belgium)
May 26-28: Monaco
June 16-18: Istanbul (Turkey) - TBC
July 14-16: Misano (Italy)
July 27-29: Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium) - TBC
August 4-6: Nürburgring (Germany)
September 8-10: Donington (UK)
September 29 - October 1: Le Mans (France)
October 20-22: Barcelona (Spain)

And here are the dates of the joint practice sessions (tests):

March 22-23: Barcelona (Spain)
April 1-2: Le Mans (France)
April 5-6: Nürburgring (Germany)
Old 22 Dec 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1488860)   #147
winny
Rookie

Australia
Pons will be racing in 2006 in WSR. They will stop their F.Renault 2.0 program though...
Old 22 Dec 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1488879)   #148
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by winny
The 2006 calendar is released:

April 28-30: Zolder (Belgium)
May 26-28: Monaco
June 16-18: Istanbul (Turkey) - TBC
July 14-16: Misano (Italy)
July 27-29: Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium) - TBC
August 4-6: Nürburgring (Germany)
September 8-10: Donington (UK)
September 29 - October 1: Le Mans (France)
October 20-22: Barcelona (Spain)
I quite like the look of that - Istanbul, Spa (yes!), Nurburgring (beats Oschersleben) and Barcelona (yawn... but I'd say the same about Valencia) all new F1 circuit additions, which should make the series more attractive for drivers. But why no Monza? It produced by far the best racing this year!
Old 22 Dec 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1488889)   #149
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
I quite like the look of that - Istanbul, Spa (yes!), Nurburgring (beats Oschersleben) and Barcelona (yawn... but I'd say the same about Valencia) all new F1 circuit additions, which should make the series more attractive for drivers. But why no Monza? It produced by far the best racing this year!
Spa will be one race only though...during the 24-hours weekend.
Old 23 Dec 2005, 09:07 (Ref:1489138)   #150
winny
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
About Monza I guess they didn't want to take the risk of having the race cancelled after that story about some citizens having their homes near the circuit going to court to end racing in Monza because there was too much noise!
And Misano I think is not so bad, the only bad thing about it maybe is the fact that it's not a very long circuit (but then again I don't know exactly how long it is) but it's said to be quite technical that's why lots of teams test there and also it will be in the middle of July which will bring quite some crowd as it's close to the sea I think.

Does anybody know if there will be just one race in Monaco or 2? I think F3 is cancelled there so they could do 2 no?? Just asking...