Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 7 Jul 2002, 21:04 (Ref:328991)   #1
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Low safety at Richmond inside wall

Like I commented on another thread, I've just watched the IRL race from Richmond on Eurosport. However, there's an issue from that race which I feel deserves a thread of its own.

I counted three crashes at the inside wall on that track (all at about the same place, I think). Every time, the people behind that wall had to duck for cover. One time it came really close, with a piece of one of the cars landing on the wall. That wall can't have been more than a meter or so high, and I think this is a serious safety problem. The wall should be higher, or there should be some fencing or something on top of it. There could be made some doors in the wall, so that the marshals could still access the cars pretty quickly when their assistance is needed.

Unlike what we unfortunately see too often in motorsport, perhaps this time something can be done before something serious happens?
Old 8 Jul 2002, 13:29 (Ref:329392)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its like that a lot of places... Castle Combe used to be terrible, especially with FF cars flying around the place. I nearly got hit by Bob Higgins one year but was pulled over by a colleauge (