Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3013318)   #1026
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One could only wonder how the car would look without that huge wing...
Would like to here a explanation why they went with the extended wing endplates.
Pictures here:
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3013320)   #1027
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The lights are just horrific, but the rest looks good. Interesting cross between 908 and R18. I think the white paint accentuates the BHF.

Interesting how they've extended the wing endplates forward onto the rear arches.

Comparing the body between the wheels it looks less developed (obviously) than the dramatic cut aways on the R18.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3013323)   #1028
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
The lights are just horrific,
Whisper it, I think they're similar to the headlights that the AMR-One had... and also similar to the headlights on a FLM car.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3013327)   #1029
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 evenly sized bulbs should fit in there but why no LEDs Toyota?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3013329)   #1030
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Whisper it, I think they're similar to the headlights that the AMR-One had... and also similar to the headlights on a FLM car.
Ah the AMR-One, the car that keeps on giving..
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3013331)   #1031
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
3 evenly sized bulbs should fit in there but why no LEDs Toyota?
Maybe they want the cars in front to actually see which side they're planning to overtake them.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3013332)   #1032
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was thinking the flat side between wheels reminded me a tiny bit of the AMR-1... Not a lot, just a little.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3013336)   #1033
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Ah the AMR-One, the car that keeps on giving..
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3013340)   #1034
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The AMR-One, FLM/LC70/LC75, and even cars like the 905B and old Mazdas had rather odd looking headlight lenses, but this Toyota one might be the oddest I've seen. It reminds me of something I've seen before many years ago, but I can't quite put a finger on what it is.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3013341)   #1035
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe they want the cars in front to actually see which side they're planning to overtake them.
Okay, that means the Toyota engineers only read the LMP1 rules and the GTE rules for 2012
Quote:
A camera at the rear of the car and a screen in the cockpit for rear vision are mandatory. The camera must have a day/night mode.
The camera lens must remain clean all the time.
source: article 15.3 of Technical Regulations LMGTE 2012
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3013346)   #1036
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cats out the bag now ....
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3013347)   #1037
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not dislike it. Although now that Victor_RO mentioned the ressemblance with AMR-one headlights I can't help but feeling the same.
But to those who complain about the unfinished look of it, remember what the initial 908 looked like when it first hit the track at the HTTT in 2006! Now at least the Toyota does have headlights, and a livery...

About LHD, I wonder if this have to do with critical KERS components (batteries?) being fitted in the "passenger" side's floor, and thus giving them the most accesible side for engineers to work on it while in the pits.

I'm going to buy the Auto Hebdo later on, if there's some new information I'll share it tonight (I doubt there is, but...)
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3013349)   #1038
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
There's a set of 4 scans from AutoHebdo on MulsanneMike's Facebook page, and... in the last image (3/4 rear shot), the driver's door is not closed properly. Just an observation.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3013352)   #1039
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
The cats out the bag now ....
Yep. It's gone from to . Well, the headlights at least.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3013354)   #1040
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it, the headlights give it character.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3013358)   #1041
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
There's a set of 4 scans from AutoHebdo on MulsanneMike's Facebook page, and... in the last image (3/4 rear shot), the driver's door is not closed properly. Just an observation.
I like Mike's comment on the 4th picture: "The front splitter strakes appears as fangs"

The area at the rear appears to be very evolved. The end plates blend completely with the body work behind the rear wheels. It also seems that the car does feature the mandatory big honking holes.

BTW I just realized that the end plate extensions were already present on the the artistic drawing of the car: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/Toyot...012concept.jpg
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3013359)   #1042
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could it be that the exhausts are just ahead/inside of the rear wheels, instead of at the rear? there seem to be black plates on the rear deck, running up to the rear wheel cover a little bit.

Also, the rear 3/4 shot shows that the rear fender holes are present, although I don't know if they're big enough to comply with the rules.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3013371)   #1043
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
BTW I just realized that the end plate extensions were already present on the the artistic drawing of the car: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/Toyot...012concept.jpg
The Artist drawing is actually pretty accurate in many ways.
Except the front and cockpit of course
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3013372)   #1044
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom View Post
Could it be that the exhausts are just ahead/inside of the rear wheels, instead of at the rear? there seem to be black plates on the rear deck, running up to the rear wheel cover a little bit.

Also, the rear 3/4 shot shows that the rear fender holes are present, although I don't know if they're big enough to comply with the rules.
Yes, the exhaust seems to be located just ahead of the rear fender on top of the body work.
There might be an aerodynamical advantage there, as the hot air will flow over the rear spoilers end plates.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3013375)   #1045
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
omg, what a beatiful car!!! although headlights are a bit strange. This will be at Spa right? Got to get to the 6 hours of Spa.....
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3013382)   #1046
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
I like it, the headlights give it character.
Yes, the character of a Renault Twingo!

I still find it rather odd that the French and Germans will be racing RHD cars and the Japanese team will have a LHD car!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3013387)   #1047
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Yes, the character of a Renault Twingo!

I still find it rather odd that the French and Germans will be racing RHD cars and the Japanese team will have a LHD car!
Perhaps it's the result of planned pit stop strategy?
Both Audi and Peugeot ran near identical strategies at LM24 2011. Maybe Toyota are attempting to gain ground there by attempting something different?

As far how effective this is, I have no idea. I'm sure they'd have some pretty sound reasoning for design differences, though.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3013403)   #1048
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in my opinion how could be cool lights in this way (similiar to the ones of concept design car) hoping toyota doesn't sue me to have modified the pic of their car.

Old 18 Jan 2012, 13:41 (Ref:3013408)   #1049
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Ugly car all round but nice to see it.

Three years ago, there were the spy shots of the Aston-Lola LMP from Paul Ricard and just three years later this is where we're at? Go FIA!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3013413)   #1050
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Ugly car all round but nice to see it.

Three years ago, there were the spy shots of the Aston-Lola LMP from Paul Ricard and just three years later this is where we're at? Go FIA!
Do you have that pictures? a link? I donĀ“t know nothing about a Aston secret car!!!