Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Mar 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2155946)   #1
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 - Round 1 - Oulton Park

Ok its finally here! Who do we think is going to win this weekend? I nipped up to Oulton last week to watch an hour of testing and I thought Ericsson looked awesome - its the first time in several seasons I've been stood trackside and been completely blown away by a guys speed.

Hohenthal seems to be struggling with his car but if Fortec can get that sorted then he's got to fancy his chances considering his speed at Oulton last year.

For me at this stage I think its going to be between Hartley and Ericsson this weekend and possibly for the whole season. These two guys for me are incredibly talented and I just hope we see some good battles between them this year.

Whatever, I'm sure there will be plenty of action and the odd red flag or 3!!
Old 18 Mar 2008, 23:07 (Ref:2156048)   #2
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Ericsson looked awesome - its the first time in several seasons I've been stood trackside and been completely blown away by a guys speed.
Nice to hear...

Good chances for Sweden this year
Old 18 Mar 2008, 23:57 (Ref:2156076)   #3
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Because he's a champion in the making, expect many more surprises.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2156253)   #4
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
since they start race a couple of years ago i will focus first time my eyes on mugen honda class A car performance
Old 19 Mar 2008, 20:28 (Ref:2156728)   #5
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'l go for Hartley and Ericsson to get a win each. Wilson to win both national class races

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 19 Mar 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2156763)   #6
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going for Any Meyrick in the National class. I'll stick my neck out and say a win for Ericsson in one race, and Perez in the other...
Old 19 Mar 2008, 22:09 (Ref:2156790)   #7
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully we have 2 great races - that's all I ask for. I don't have anyone I'm really supporting in this year's series (yet), but I have a lot of drivers that I am relishing the prospect of seeing - young Marcus Ericsson, skater boy Brendon, Oliver Turvey, a vastly improved Max Chilton, a much better Walter Grubmuller Jr., and any driver from A1GP as I just love that series (so that means Martin, Perez, Quinn and Devaney). Should be great .
Old 20 Mar 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2157079)   #8
nicorossi
Rookie

nicorossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're testing tomorrow (Friday) - can I enter the circuit as general admission?
Old 20 Mar 2008, 10:03 (Ref:2157081)   #9
Richard Head
Rookie

Richard Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like it could be a wet qualifying and dry race so it should throw up a few suprises!!!!!
Old 20 Mar 2008, 10:07 (Ref:2157087)   #10
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hopefully no fireworks, Dallara got so many contracts to cover (extra IndyCars, FR3.5 cars and parts, GP2 parts and F3 (mostly) parts) that some lacking spare parts, and will lack them for few weekends.

Anyway Niall Quinn signed for Team Loctite in the NC.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 10:27 (Ref:2157103)   #11
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there an event schedule for the weekend anywhere?

Edit: oops sorry, may have just found it. No practice sessions Friday? https://tickets.motorsportvision.co....F3GT%20OP1.pdf

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 20 Mar 2008 at 10:31. Reason: add link
Old 20 Mar 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2157153)   #12
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorossi
They're testing tomorrow (Friday) - can I enter the circuit as general admission?
I'm going up there tomorrow and have done for Friday testing over the past couple of Oulton F3 meetings and had no problems. You should just be able to drive in and watch - I've never encountered any type of security on a Friday test day before but I guess nothings gurantanteed.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 11:54 (Ref:2157160)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Mustonen/Hartley to share wins in main class and Meyrick or Wilson in National Class.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2157173)   #14
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll say a win apiece for Hartley and Ericsson, but Mustonen and Hohenthal should go well considering they're in their second seasons. Chilton and Perez have looked good in testing so the races look ultra-competitive. Let's just hope there isn't so much accident damage this year.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 13:15 (Ref:2157243)   #15
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really is an impressive start from Ericsson, just out of FBMW and a 2nd year teammate. It'll be interesting to see how he goes this weekend.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 13:27 (Ref:2157252)   #16
nicorossi
Rookie

nicorossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
I'm going up there tomorrow and have done for Friday testing over the past couple of Oulton F3 meetings and had no problems. You should just be able to drive in and watch - I've never encountered any type of security on a Friday test day before but I guess nothings gurantanteed.
Just spoke to the circuit and they've said I can enter no problems, so I will do just that.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2157255)   #17
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Excellent news - Just have to hope the weather forecast doesn't prove correct now
Old 20 Mar 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2157289)   #18
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
The Shrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be going at some point during Friday. Fingers crossed the rain stays off
Old 20 Mar 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2157306)   #19
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
I'm going for Any Meyrick in the National class.
Andy's fast - no doubt about it. Straight into a race car back in NW FFord showed his potential back in 2005.
However, he can be a bit haphazard. I've no doubt it's been more refined in the past few years, and he knows his way round Oulton. If he finishes, he'll be up there - but that "If" is pretty big...

It's been a while since I've been to an F3 round, so looking forward to the return to the paddock. If you haven't noticed, for those that are at the circuit on the Monday we're going to try and have a gathering of the number of tenthers who will be around. Details in Trackside
Old 20 Mar 2008, 15:07 (Ref:2157328)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The F3 practice sessions tomorrow are:

09.55 to 10.45
11.45 to 12.35
14.05 to 14.55

For those who can't make it to the circuit, live timing should be available here.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2157369)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ah penguin poop bang goes plans for a quick morning and work and a scoot up the motorway then
Old 21 Mar 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2157993)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Well, at least you knew in advance!
Old 21 Mar 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2158063)   #23
sunseeker
Rookie

sunseeker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any results? as the website isnt showing anything....
Old 21 Mar 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2158101)   #24
Richard Head
Rookie

Richard Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.tsl-timing.com/bf3gt/2008/81217bf3.pdf
Old 21 Mar 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2158113)   #25
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok it's just the first session, but I'm quite surprised by seeing Nick Tandy quite back compared to what he's done some days ago: some possible reasons?