Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Nov 2002, 12:56 (Ref:429168)   #1
Ellie
Rookie

Ellie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Enge ?

Does anyone know what the future holds for Enge? I have have not heard of him having any tests for next season.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 13:34 (Ref:429193)   #2
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keeping his head down at the moment I think..
Old 15 Nov 2002, 13:35 (Ref:429195)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I too have not heard anything about Tomas Enges' future in F3000 as of yet, it appears though that he will carry on driving in the American Le Mans Series {ALMS} with the Prodrive Ferrari 550 Marelleno.

Hopefully he can do the 2 championships as he did next year.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 14:37 (Ref:429253)   #4
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
American Le Mans Series and CART are Enge options for 2003.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 16:47 (Ref:430003)   #5
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
I too have not heard anything about Tomas Enges' future in F3000 as of yet, it appears though that he will carry on driving in the American Le Mans Series {ALMS} with the Prodrive Ferrari 550 Marelleno.

Hopefully he can do the 2 championships as he did next year.
Where have you seen this? There as not been english news on his site for a while.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 16:48 (Ref:430004)   #6
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SFonseca
American Le Mans Series and CART are Enge options for 2003.
Where have you seen this? There as not been english news on his site for a while.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 16:53 (Ref:430009)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Keeping his head down maybe, possible just above some whtie powder on the table, if he's moved on from weed.

No F1 team will touch him now, which I've discussed previously and consider to be unfair (my bedroom wall has a montage of photos of everyone who's ever died from cannabis), but sportscars might be the best he can do.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 02:28 (Ref:430979)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
(my bedroom wall has a montage of photos of everyone who's ever died from cannabis)
Umm thats a lot of people I guess considering the amount of stoners who must have thought their cars could fly... I know I used to when I smoked at Uni !! and boy was I sh1te at PS1 when I was mullahed...

Its like that old Bill Hicks skit "Man on Drugs dies falling off building, thought he could fly" - "Good, the world just got lighter - 1 less idiot! You'd think that if people wanted to see if they could fly they'd start from the ground up - You dont see Ducks getting elevators south for winter"
Old 22 Nov 2002, 08:45 (Ref:434465)   #9
Tomgreen
Rookie

Tomgreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can actually do a lot better on the playstation when i am toasted. I can follow the pace notes on Colin McRae 3 so much better!
Old 22 Nov 2002, 10:47 (Ref:434515)   #10
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a point in relating your drug experiences, video games and one of the best young drivers around ???

As far as i know Thomas didnt confess using drugs. As far as i know FIA isnt 100% sure, cause if they were the penalty would have been heavier (3 yrs without racing for 2 driver's cocaine use cases here in Portugal).
The penalised the kid based in the doping tests.

As far as i also know the kid was the 2002 F3000 CHAMPION for his talent and speed, not ... speeds !? OK?

Even if he did smoke it ... is there any reason to shut the doors to his future progress in Racing. He is a professional racing driver. What if it happened to a doctor, or a journalist ... would they be fired and marginalised ?!

If you really like racing ... just hope that this kid can have a decent CART or F1 drive for next year in order for you to enjoy the art of racing !!!
Old 22 Nov 2002, 11:23 (Ref:434540)   #11
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by NME

Even if he did smoke it ... is there any reason to shut the doors to his future progress in Racing. He is a professional racing driver. What if it happened to a doctor, or a journalist ... would they be fired and marginalised ?!
Yes actually.
Certainly in the UK if a doctor was found using illegal drugs they'd be struck off and not allowed to practise.

As for journalists, well I'm one and my contract has a big clause in it about using illegal drugs.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 11:45 (Ref:434556)   #12
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No-one can touch him because it would harm their credibility and look like they're condoning the use of illegal drugs. It's an image thing. Sad, but true - it's not like he would be able to attract the sponsors!
Old 24 Nov 2002, 06:45 (Ref:435636)   #13
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Total-F1
No-one can touch him because it would harm their credibility and look like they're condoning the use of illegal drugs. It's an image thing. Sad, but true - it's not like he would be able to attract the sponsors!
Very untrue! If you were right, then he would never have driven the 550 after the allegations came out. If Ferrari & Pr-Drive didn't make a scene days later, why should anybody else months after the fact?
Old 24 Nov 2002, 18:11 (Ref:435871)   #14
F1JCB
Rookie

F1JCB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said fiorentina 1. I think he will be fine given time, its just it tkes a long time to forget things like that, so perhaps his future in F1 might have gone down the pan, but then again, I could be completely wrong !!
Old 25 Nov 2002, 18:08 (Ref:436573)   #15
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember the G.Varano case! He was banned in 2000 for six months for a similar case as Thomas's but he can continue his motorsport career in Italian and European F3000 in 2000 and 2001.
Old 25 Nov 2002, 22:09 (Ref:436720)   #16
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DanFlag
Im not sure but I belive I read a piece on crash.net although i could be mistaken. And seeing as how he hasnt got anywhere else to go it would appear it seems likely that he will be back at Prodrive next year as it seems they are commited to doing a full season next year as well as Le Mans.

I dont see any reason why he woudnt do a full season with Prodrive next year as the final 4 races of this season were for Prodrive to improve the cars performance for 2003.

He may not enter F3000 next year but if not I woudnt mind betting that he will be in Formula Nissan with a full time test role as a F1 test driver for a race team.