[Insert Something Witty Here]  
Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MarshalsGuide MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 18-04 22:05 : HERO CUP ONBOARD SPECIAL WINTER CHALLENGE  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   10-Tenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jun 2007, 07:58   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon usually stays at the Beau Site, ergo if John says that Simon's hotel is full it probably means the Beau Site is full. However regular cutomers will normally be accommodated.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 14:43   #47
terence bower
Veteran

Germany
Overlooking the worlds best circuit
terence bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I understand.Thanks Pete.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 05:28   #48
terence bower
Veteran

Germany
terence bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Beau Site is totally full-ish! Now if I,d known what Simon look,s like,I could have put 2&2 etc-----Is,nt he the one with the flash glass,es?
Old 14 Jul 2007, 17:38   #49
terence bower
Veteran

Germany
Having looked through yesterdays Entry List for the six hour,I am wondering at the amount of 1840 Engines in the MGB Brigade. WILL any of them be checked??????.All in all a very interesting grid,quite errrr!.
Old 15 Jul 2007, 04:05   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's the link to the website.

http://www.roadbook.be/EN/presentati...sentation.html
Old 15 Jul 2007, 07:53   #51
zefarelly
Veteran

England
good old Sussex by the sea
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was illegal to run an MGB under 2L ?

I'm, understandably I think, not excited by the 6 hour yet, got a clubbie race in Sussex to do first, come 3rd September I'll be in full swing though
Old 16 Jul 2007, 07:01   #52
terence bower
Veteran

Germany
Oh no!! so does that mean I,ve got to build another engine?.Is a 2.1 legal for this Zef.?
Old 16 Jul 2007, 09:04   #53
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a little on the small side but as long as it pulls up Eu ROuge in Top I think you'll get away with it Terence
Old 16 Jul 2007, 14:09   #54
terence bower
Veteran

Germany
No problem there then!. Think I,ll keep it as is.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 07:32   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Apologies, I see that the link I posted above is in fact last year's details. According to the website the 2007 event isn't posted yet.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 08:03   #56
terence bower
Veteran

Germany
I,m sorry Peter,Vincent sent me a list of events,it is,nt published yet!
Old 18 Jul 2007, 13:47   #57
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Completely changing the topic of this thread but still relevant I feel, is the dwindling number of single seater races taking place at this event year on year. Its regarded as one of the prime events of the season and the content is becoming to be races by different organisers catering for pretty much the same type of cars and vying for the same piece of pie.ie. 60's sports cars and saloons. The result of this is an event made up of monotonous content with the only differing factor between a large %age of races being the tyres used.

A few years ago as well as the various but less numerous sports/saloon races (not including the 6hours) there were races for Historic f2, HGPCA,FJ, FF and sometimes HF1. Granted FJ have a race there this year but other than that there aren't many opportunities for us single seater pedallers to race at Spa. You guys with roofs on your cars don't know how priviliged you are, there will be a race catering for your needs at this meeting come what may, whether its an MGB with a 2.1 on slicks or a genuine FIA!!
Old 18 Jul 2007, 14:45   #58
terence bower
Veteran

Germany
Seeing as most of the race,s are Masters,have you asked them for a reason?.I know what you mean though,there did used to be a very good mixture of races.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 17:22   #59
zefarelly
Veteran

England
as I said elsewhere, there seems to be 2 meetings at spa, summer, open wheels, autumnal, closed wheel . . . . .
Old 18 Jul 2007, 20:36   #60
Eddy V
Subscriber
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That summer meeting (RMU Classic) has become almost a modern event with some VdV Racing and other mixed stuff going on.

The reason that there are less single seaters at the 6H could well be the big accidents they had over the years with them.
Spa is known for dropping things that could bring them into problems.