Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Nov 2007, 19:37 (Ref:2078941)   #1251
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
high reving anglia through eau rouge
Harsh call John! Thats about the most on-topic post on this thread for a very long time!!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 20:36 (Ref:2078965)   #1252
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
You cant stop the Spa thread its the talk arround the Paddocks i think we should carry on till next year. Can anyone start a count down clock to Spa 2008."or is that being silly"
Old 30 Nov 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2078971)   #1253
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do we have a date yet?
Old 30 Nov 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2078972)   #1254
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the time being still Sep 26-28. But they haven't made it official yet.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 20:48 (Ref:2078977)   #1255
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had a quick fix whatching Gordons vidio clip. Whos going to HSCC dinner ?
Old 30 Nov 2007, 20:50 (Ref:2078978)   #1256
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Just had a quick fix whatching Gordons vidio clip. Whos going to HSCC dinner ?
Yes but you can pretend you don't know me if you want!
Old 1 Dec 2007, 08:00 (Ref:2079212)   #1257
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have E-Mailed Vincent asking if the date has been set,but he's on holiday,so, no new's yet.[This bit is "OnTopic"]

If a whole bunch of us were to go to the HSCC Dinner,we could all pretend not to know John.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 09:12 (Ref:2079231)   #1258
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower

If a whole bunch of us were to go to the HSCC Dinner,we could all pretend not to know John.
Well, you'll have to be quick (which probably rules you out ) - it's tonight!
Old 1 Dec 2007, 10:54 (Ref:2079268)   #1259
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Say gents, is Spa6 the only historic race you do?
Old 1 Dec 2007, 11:02 (Ref:2079272)   #1260
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkel
Say gents, is Spa6 the only historic race you do?
Who said the Dutch don't have a sense of humour!
Old 1 Dec 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2079451)   #1261
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To repeat Eddy's earlier date it would seem as though those date's have now been finalized.
As for the unusually witty comment from Johngee,perhaps I could give you a ride round next year John.
Doe's anyone remember the RMU events that were held in May,? Barry has been invited to put a grid together for the 2nd-4th May. An excellent shake-down for the 6Hrs maybe?

Last edited by terence; 1 Dec 2007 at 18:16.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 18:19 (Ref:2079452)   #1262
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
Who said the Dutch don't have a sense of humour!
Esper?
Old 1 Dec 2007, 19:26 (Ref:2079484)   #1263
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The RMU event was a boring, rather modern event. The Classic tag seemed to be missing. I wasn't there, but I got the info from some marshals afterwards.

You see Terry, I knew (cough) the 6 Hours were that weekend.
Maybe I do have some powers.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 20:46 (Ref:2079514)   #1264
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Esper?
no not me
Old 2 Dec 2007, 11:18 (Ref:2079796)   #1265
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hey John had a great evening at HSCC dinner i could of listend to David Piper all night with his old racing stories. And of corse when he started talking about the old Spa track i sometimes wish i could off raced on the original circuit . It looks likely we will be racing at Spa 3 times next year will keep you all posted with the dates as soon as i know. For now will have to make do with a couple of Saturday mornings at Blackbush on the Rotax.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 12:37 (Ref:2079863)   #1266
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Delta,I take it you know that virtualy all of the old road course is still in use.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 17:34 (Ref:2079979)   #1267
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Delta,I take it you know that virtualy all of the old road course is still in use.
piper talks about the old track francorchamps-malmedy-masta-stavelot . so only la source - eaurouge - camel straight are the same. Just try to do 180 with your trailer at Masta when going to the stavelot entrance. That gives you small sensations as were lived in the past by names like Piper etc.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 17:38 (Ref:2079984)   #1268
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
piper talks about the old track francorchamps-malmedy-masta-stavelot . so only la source - eaurouge - camel straight are the same. Just try to do 180 with your trailer at Masta when going to the stavelot entrance. That gives you small sensations as were lived in the past by names like Piper etc.
Kph=Easy. MPH need's concentration .One question,why do they call it a kink?
Old 2 Dec 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2079999)   #1269
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
That the Brits who started naming it a kink. The official name (is) used to be Virage Masta or in a later stage "S de Masta".
Frightening little corner or kink.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 18:32 (Ref:2080011)   #1270
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is rumoured that they took it flat out. But I find it hard to believe after seeing it, and going through it.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 19:13 (Ref:2080026)   #1271
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
You can take any corner "flat out" but most you would only do it once .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Dec 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2080063)   #1272
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Well Henrik, the big boys did take it flat. It was a case of "clipping" the armco on either side. Ballsy corner.
But when it went wrong: oh dear!
After the Joisten / Dubois crash they put the chicane in; what now looks like the little parking space just before the corner.
Old 2 Dec 2007, 22:16 (Ref:2080125)   #1273
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
You can take any corner "flat out" but most you would only do it once .
with such a serious looking avatar.............
Old 3 Dec 2007, 08:27 (Ref:2080368)   #1274
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I did once attempt it at 130mph in a very modern TVR[not mine] It certainly made me think of Fangio etc going through at 175mph in a 250F!!!!.Ballsy? And the rest!
Old 3 Dec 2007, 09:50 (Ref:2080461)   #1275
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Dont know what the problem is i always take the kink flat in the 18 ton Delta truck. I think i know most of the old track but would love to go on a tour with someone that either raced or knew the original circuit.