Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Nov 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2336559)   #576
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Better book ferry. So how many days till then.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2336560)   #577
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dont think single seaters next year Henrik. You better get your Simca ready.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 19:57 (Ref:2336568)   #578
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not many now,I did hear that they had a three hour planned for Historic F3.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2336597)   #579
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must have missed some comments there Terry.

No single seaters next year, must be a joke.
No Grand Prix cars? or just smaller formulacars ?

I´ll get the Matra-Gordini ready for whatever they have on the programme.
Allthough I am not sure about the 6-hours, I expect my son/co-driver is going to Australia for studies in August.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 22:15 (Ref:2336656)   #580
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least you have plenty of time Henrik,it would be good to see it there.

Last edited by terence; 17 Nov 2008 at 22:17.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 10:32 (Ref:2336885)   #581
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Dont think single seaters next year Henrik. You better get your Simca ready.
that would be a great pitty! should have taken my ff1600 crossle this year!!!! appart from the healey for the 6h
Old 18 Nov 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2336916)   #582
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We are hoping to do something with Dutch Monoposto club as a combined Historic FF2000 race so you will be able to bring your single seaters then. Will keep you posted on dates when they are sorted.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 11:49 (Ref:2336920)   #583
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
There will be plenty of spaces in all the races!
Old 18 Nov 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2336922)   #584
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Why will there be plenty of space, John?

Ian, is that the historic Equipe race at Zandvoort in the Spring?
Old 18 Nov 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2336929)   #585
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Spa 6 hrs is a British Club event and people will not travel next year.

Why has nobody bothered to start a Spa 09 thread .Perhaps this year we can have three,one for gossip and rubbish,one for MG B'S ,and then a real one to talk about what is the best event in Europe next year
Old 18 Nov 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2336930)   #586
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
there will be plenty of space because the world is in a recession!
Old 18 Nov 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2336998)   #587
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Need four John. another for the Staship.! Henrik just hold on untill all the dates are finalised, i tend to wait untill end of January.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2337016)   #588
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Spa 6 hrs is a British Club event and people will not travel next year.
Who would that be that won't travel? Health and car permitting I'll be there, I don't think the motor racing world it populated solely by people who work or live off the money markets.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2337026)   #589
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hotel's booked.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 16:27 (Ref:2337052)   #590
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The answer to Facemob whoever he is "most do".There are not to many members of Golden Sperm Club and I understand the present conditions do not effect them .We will see but there does seem to be lots of sticking heads in the sand on these threads and a reality check may be in order.When an extremely well known bloke who has raced and owned some of the best cars in Europe tells me at Spa this year that he along with others are cutting back next year due to economic conditions I tend to believe him.Not a money market man but the expensive end of the Masters pits.Remember the pension pots of the over 50's have taken a hammering and the money has to be replaced from somewhere.

What I said in my note is that there will be spaces and I firmly believe that.We are booked and will take four cars but we are far from representative of any general grouping
Old 18 Nov 2008, 16:33 (Ref:2337056)   #591
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
The answer to Facemob whoever he is "most do"..........................

What I said in my note is that there will be spaces and I firmly believe that.We are booked and will take four cars but we are far from representative of any general grouping
Tim races a Replica DType and has been there for the last two years. John I tend to agree with you on a general basis and indeed concur as far as the expensive end of the grid is concerned. But my point is that the lesser cars will come out because they are run by those who don't suffer from the originality/ego problems. This may not sit well with the organisers but I suspect if push comes to shove they'll be taking anyone they can get.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 16:33 (Ref:2337057)   #592
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JR might be a grumpy old bugger but he speaks a lot of sense..... Peter I think the lower end of the club racing will be crucified. Rich racers pulling their belts in would prefer to do nothing rather than race with montego's - its not why they race. Therefore the idea of trading down will only happen within the confines of say HSCC or indeed possibly masters. The F5000 driver starts playing more in his HFF car, the Aston driver in his FIA MGB etc...

Last edited by simon drabble; 18 Nov 2008 at 16:36.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2337075)   #593
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
Rich racers pulling their belts in would prefer to do nothing rather than race with montego's - its not why they race.
Exactly, which is my point, although I'm lost with the Montego references. But I'm also not sure why you think the rich guys will be out and not the club racers. I suspect it will be the opposite simply because of your point re Montegos(?).

Quote:
Therefore the idea of trading down will only happen within the confines of say HSCC or indeed possibly masters. The F5000 driver starts playing more in his HFF car, the Aston driver in his FIA MGB etc...
I suspect if they run or have two cars, then they won't be trading down, they'll be selling to deleverage.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 17:08 (Ref:2337081)   #594
simon drabble
Veteran

I am sure you - like the rest of us - read the web ads to have a daydream, the cars aren't out there.
Like decent property, decent cars will not flood the market although those that do will be priced to sell. I think a number of people will mothball the more exotic as they are not short of capital merely income from investments.
I use Montego's as a generic term for the lower end MG saloons that race - the beauty of race meetings like HSCC is that altough you might be in a cheap car/series the racecard is still one where all your racing mates are likely to be...
Old 18 Nov 2008, 17:15 (Ref:2337082)   #595
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Rich racers pulling their belts in would prefer to do nothing rather than race with montego's - its not why they race. Therefore the idea of trading down will only happen within the confines of say HSCC or indeed possibly masters. The F5000 driver starts playing more in his HFF car, the Aston driver in his FIA MGB etc......
As Ronnie Corbett said "I know my place"
Old 18 Nov 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2337091)   #596
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Yes Tim,now if you had a genuine car like my Fiesta
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 18 Nov 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2337095)   #597
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
With you all the way.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 17:49 (Ref:2337097)   #598
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
Yes Tim,now if you had a genuine car like my Fiesta
Yes but you have an XK so you could be one of them......I look up to you.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2337105)   #599
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Is it too early to start next years thread? You can count me in cos I WILL be there.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 19:23 (Ref:2337148)   #600
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Recession, yes.
Will it effect my racing, no.

I am still very determind to use 2009 as a training and set-up year for Monaco 2010, where hopefully F3 of 1971-73 vintage, will be racing.