[Insert Something Witty Here]  
Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MarshalsGuide MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 25-04 22:30 : V8 SUPERCARS RD 4 : PUKEKOHE - RACE 1  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   10-Tenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:07   #16
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Bottom half is the "semi-permanent" bit around the harbour, top half is permanent
Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:21   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl has a real shot at the podium!chillibowl has a real shot at the podium!chillibowl has a real shot at the podium!chillibowl has a real shot at the podium!chillibowl has a real shot at the podium!
some interesting corners but until the racing starts who knows right?
on the whole though im glad that S.Korea will be on the calendar. just based on the number of cars built there, this is actually a country that has a legitimate chance of embracing F1.
here's to hoping the track delivers
Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:58   #18
Marbot
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Bottom half is the "semi-permanent" bit around the harbour, top half is permanent
Top bit looks like someones took a stab at copying Donington.
“Yesterday the sole aim of transportation was to travel from A to B as swiftly as possible. Today the technology is such that anyone can go fast – but they do so knowing resources are not unlimited and must be used with care.” Bob White - Renault Sport F1
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:05   #19
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPurist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPurist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the question is just how fast a number of those corners really are. If most of them are like intersection corners, it'll be a painful "racing" circuit. If a number of those turns are actually a good bit faster than they necessarily look on the diagram, it might no be so bad. We'll see I guess. Any recent updates on how the construction is going and/or what the place looks like at present?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:14   #20
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone posted a pic a while ago and my thoughts were "not looking that ready".
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:40   #21
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Top bit looks like someones took a stab at copying Donington.
and the bottom bit looks like the results of a school childs first attempt at autoCAD.....
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:00   #22
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The issue I have with this is that it's seemingly going to be pretty flat, which is just going to make it another Shanghai but with a harbour. Or to put it another way, it's just going to be another Valencia

I think it's going to be pretty poor. Certainly not in the same league as Abu Dhabi
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:21   #23
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too impressed either with the shape of the Korean circuit. But let's just wait and see.
Valencia Marina is definitely Tilke's nadir, so I can only hope somebody in the city council soon realizes that it's sensible to move the GP to Circuito Ricardo Tormo instead and not continuing wasting all the money necessary to set up the temporary track each year.

The comeback of Montreal would be great, but at the time, I think Bernie is just teasing us and trying to get the Canadians to pay a higher entrance fee with the help of the fans response to the teasing announcements.

I really hope that Donington will be ready by the time the race comes around, because it surely is a great circuit and will be the best track to return to the calendar since the upcoming Suzuka this year.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 21:09   #24
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
I happen to think Donington won't be as good as people think it will be. As nice as the natural plunging sweeps of the Craners and the Old Hairpin are, they'll be child's play in the current generation of high-grip slick-shod F1 cars. Plus I can see it being tricky to overtake. But Silverstone hasn't exactly produced much in the way of great racing either

I'm more looking forward to Montreal's return
Old 23 Sep 2009, 21:20   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Wow, South Korea looks...like all of Tilke's other circuits. Zzzzzzz.

Really looking forward to the return of Canada - it's only been gone for one season but it feels like longer!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 Sep 2009, 22:30   #26
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPurist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPurist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Based on what I've seen of Ricardo Tormo from bikes and the Le Mans Series, I'll take the temporary circuit over it any day; it's really that bad, imo.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 22:33   #27
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Not too impressed either with the shape of the Korean circuit. But let's just wait and see.
Valencia Marina is definitely Tilke's nadir, so I can only hope somebody in the city council soon realizes that it's sensible to move the GP to Circuito Ricardo Tormo instead and not continuing wasting all the money necessary to set up the temporary track each year.
And why would it be sensible to move the GP to a circuit not designed for car racing that is even more dull than the street circuit?

They should have the European GP at Jerez instead
Old 23 Sep 2009, 22:39   #28
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Jerez has been barred from holding F1 GPs since Podiumgate 1997 edition

And we're not going back to Jarama either. The Spanish seemingly have a tendancy to build boring race circuits

However, Motorland Aragon seems pretty good for a Tilke circuit. I'll be keeping an eye on the WSR finale there
Old 23 Sep 2009, 23:02   #29
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Jarama didn't have much land to work with, so all things considered, it didn't come out that bad. As for the designer, it's the same man who did Suzuka and Zandvoort, John Hugenholtz.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 07:10   #30
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridECW Dan Selby should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridECW Dan Selby should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jarama gets alot of stick, but I actually think it's got some nice turns and changes in elevation.

Unfortunately, just not too many overtaking opportunities

Selby