Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2775444)   #251
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It seems the buyers have handed the lot - lock stock and barrel - back to Henri Pescarolo!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2775445)   #252
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's hope it's true!

http://www.artcurial.com/en/artcurial/management/

Hervé Poulain

Partner
Auctioneer
Hervé Poulain qualified as an auctioneer in 1969. He cuts a familiar figure in the art world, and has directed sales in every field with wit and brio for over 30 years. He is an authority on the market for Vintage Cars and Design.
By marrying his two passions—speed and contemporary art—he invented the concept of Art Cars. He has taken part in the Le Mans 24 Hour Race on eleven occasions, driving cars painted by such famous artists as Calder, Lichstenstein, Stella, Arman, Warhol and César.
Hervé Poulain has also written five books on art: L’art et l’automobile (1973), Un siècle de peinture française (1976), Une collection d’avance (1986), L’art, la femme et l’automobile (1989), Mes Pop Cars (2006).

The company has some history in this field....

http://www.artcurial.com/en/departme...d_racing_cars/
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2775451)   #253
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds like Hervé Poulain sold the 1995 McLaren F1 Art-Car at this year's Le Mans Classic auction so he's still active. He seems to like his racing and to have the money to like expensive racing.

If you look closely at the pictures, the 2 chassis have 2010 upgrades installed at the back and at the diffuser exits.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2775453)   #254
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
It seems the buyers have handed the lot - lock stock and barrel - back to Henri Pescarolo!
There is justice in this world! Vive Le Grand Pesca!

Hopefully this means one thing: that those cars will be rolling, under power, across the start line of the Circuit de la Sarthe at 15:00 CET on June 11th 2011, in the blue and green livery.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 15 Oct 2010 at 16:36.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2775458)   #255
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Let's hope it's true!

http://www.artcurial.com/en/artcurial/management/

Hervé Poulain

Partner
Auctioneer
Hervé Poulain qualified as an auctioneer in 1969. He cuts a familiar figure in the art world, and has directed sales in every field with wit and brio for over 30 years. He is an authority on the market for Vintage Cars and Design.
By marrying his two passions—speed and contemporary art—he invented the concept of Art Cars. He has taken part in the Le Mans 24 Hour Race on eleven occasions, driving cars painted by such famous artists as Calder, Lichstenstein, Stella, Arman, Warhol and César.
Hervé Poulain has also written five books on art: L’art et l’automobile (1973), Un siècle de peinture française (1976), Une collection d’avance (1986), L’art, la femme et l’automobile (1989), Mes Pop Cars (2006).

The company has some history in this field....

http://www.artcurial.com/en/departme...d_racing_cars/

Yes, lets. Henri got taken and deserves much better.
Hats off to Messieurs River and Poulain!

L.P.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2775462)   #256
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Endurance-Info has the name of Jacques Nicolet added to the two people mentioned above. He says that the three of them will leave the whole of the kit that was acquired in this auction to Henri's use.

The reactions... http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5511.html My French isn't that good, but Henri himself seems as joyous as he can be, and he also sounds extremely determined for next year. I would imagine that right after the auction was over he started the chase for sponsorship for next year.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2775467)   #257
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, what a nice day! Pescarolo Sport is back! I'm very happy, I hope to see green cars in Le Mans, on the top of the podium! Pescarolo is the essence of Le Mans, and it was not the same race without him! It's a great day for motorsport! So, now what will happen with Audi and Pescarolo Junior team???
It doesn't mean, we all want Pescarolo Sport on top!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 15 Oct 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2775474)   #258
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If all of the above is true (and I see no reason it isn't), this is a wonderful development and having Henri back would be poetic justice indeed.

DK
Old 15 Oct 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2775480)   #259
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
That really is good news- Let's hope a significant sponsor can be lined up quickly
Old 15 Oct 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2775504)   #260
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It's absolutely true - Just spoke to Jacques Nicolet - Henri knew nothing about it until moments before the auction.

Why did they do it "For the sport and the passion - Nothing more!"

Fabulous!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2775509)   #261
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There aren't all that many moments that I've experienced to do with motor racing that give you a really good warm feeling inside - but this has to be right up there.....
Old 15 Oct 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2775516)   #262
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
About as good as news gets.

Hat firmly off to Jacques Nicolet, one of the most magnificent gestures imaginable.

Combined with his season long commitment to the LMS, a good run at Le Mans, and the ILMC involvement I reckon there's decent grounds to see him as sportscar personality of the year.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2775517)   #263
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
As Henri himself says, it's times like this when you rediscover a little bit of the trust and confidence you can have in the person next to you. It's a wonderful thing to see, hopefully the whole thing will have a fairytale ending. If one of those cars makes it to the overall podium next year at the end of the LM24, the crowd is going to lift the place to high heaven...
Old 15 Oct 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2775519)   #264
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful!!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2775529)   #265
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a momentous feeling! Henri must feel like a kid in a sweetshop! Brilliant to have him back at the greatest race in the world!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2775533)   #266
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing. Just great to see something like that in a world that's usually so capitalist and business-minded!

Now Henri's talking about a program where there would ideally be 2 cars at LM and in the LMS, but he's making the 1 car for most or all races more likely for now. Previous backers Motul and La Sarthe are on board - hardly a complete budget - and he would like to see pros in a lead car and youngsters -probably paying- in a second one.

Hopefully the optimism and magic can keep on following them and help get the team back to where it was before 2010: holding its own against Aston Martin Racing!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2775593)   #267
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good news. Hat's off to the three gentlemen.

Old 15 Oct 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2775601)   #268
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am genuinely over the moon, I honestly feel like shedding a tear of joy over this piece of news. Jacque Nicolet and co. I salute you all, you have my eternal thanks for bringing back my favourite race team.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 23:44 (Ref:2775604)   #269
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I hope that they'll get the funding for the LMP1 cars, a pro driver line up (Henri lost Ben Tryuler to Audi and JC Boullion to Rebellion), and Michelin tires (Strakka dominated the LMP2 class and most of the front runners in LMP1 run on Michelins--diesel or not). The money might in a issue with the latter point if they go LMP1, but Henri being French and his team having a huge following with sportscar fans--the French especially--could be a huge help.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2775606)   #270
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just this week, I got the diecast model of his '73 LM winning Matra, and I was thinking how an era was over, with him not being there with his team, actually racing. Henri is part of the Le Mans landscape, it is great to hear that he will be back. As others have mentioned, you don't expect to see noble and generous deeds like this, done at this level of motorsport these days. I hope it all comes together for him and his team. Whether they actually make it to Le Mans next year and going up against the might of Audi and Peugeot, it will be a big ask to get on the podium, but he's done it all before and with the will of most of the sportscar racing fraternity, and France behind him, I wouldn't discount the possibility.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 00:37 (Ref:2775616)   #271
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
It's absolutely true - Just spoke to Jacques Nicolet - Henri knew nothing about it until moments before the auction.

Why did they do it "For the sport and the passion - Nothing more!"

Fabulous!
Fabulous indeed. Absolutely fantastic-hats off to them. Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There aren't all that many moments that I've experienced to do with motor racing that give you a really good warm feeling inside - but this has to be right up there.....
Old 16 Oct 2010, 02:51 (Ref:2775631)   #272
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard about this earlier, and my response is still one of shock and awe.
Absolutely incredible. Welcome back, Henri. It wasn't the same without you.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 06:48 (Ref:2775654)   #273
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a fantastic story and it's great that Henri is back in business.....
Old 16 Oct 2010, 07:19 (Ref:2775659)   #274
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Henri can't find some sponsorship money to go along with this save, wont this all be for nothing? 400,000 Euros doesn't seem to quite cut it I'd think.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2775663)   #275
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Fair dues to Nicolet ..... Hope Henri can make this work out , great to have him back again .

Isnt it nice in a world of stock markets collapsing and war and famine and corruption , to hear a story like this ..... puts a little bit of faith back insideya .