Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Apr 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2671838)   #26
scott19
Rookie

scott19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John, did you get any pictures of FF2000 number 98? Thanks
Old 13 Apr 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2671843)   #27
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Her are a few from me. I'l post some more later although due to child care I didn't take as many as usual. I have to say this was such a superb meeting. Fantastic venue with such wonderful cars, probably the best photo opportunity of the season for me.
Attached Thumbnails
cad-hscc-1.JPG   cad-hscc-2.JPG   cad-hscc-3.JPG  

cad-hscc-4.jpg   cad-hscc-5.JPG   cad-hscc-6.JPG  

Old 13 Apr 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2671853)   #28
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott19 View Post
Quite possibly! If I find one when I get to Race 6, I'll include it, Scott.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2671898)   #29
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Scott,

I've got 3 of car 98 (at least I think the rear-end shot is car 98?), possibly one or two others. Currently working through my shots from the day and will add a link to them when all done.

First time that I've attached photos within a post so I hope this works!

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_4489_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4526_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4531_edited-1.jpg  

Old 13 Apr 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2671974)   #30
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 1 - Historic Touring Cars

Great event - thanks to all those involved. Gary.

The following link is (hopefully) to a series of shots taken during Race 1 - Historic Touring Cars. I will upload the other races as and when I work through the files.

http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/Vie...ID=283552&AT=3

A few samples below:
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_4047_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4057_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4081_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_4111_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4103_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4091_edited-1.jpg  

Old 13 Apr 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2672006)   #31
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Six more from Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
cad-hscc-7.JPG   cad-hscc-8.JPG   cad-hscc-9.JPG  

cad-hscc-10.JPG   cad-hscc-11.JPG   cad-hscc-12.JPG  

Old 13 Apr 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2672011)   #32
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Race 2 - Classic Racing Cars

The following link for some of the Classic Racing Cars:

http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/Vie...ID=283570&AT=3

A few samples:
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_4140_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4216_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4239_edited-1.jpg  

Old 13 Apr 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2672093)   #33
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
A few P & P shots!:-
Hey John nice to see you again mate and thanks for the pic I hope you enjoyed the fj race i certanly did shame the ff race was a bit lonely.

Hey Scott well done for the ff2000 race win you made it look easy looks like the Fowler reynard suited you.

Simon you coming out in the ff again Silverstone was cracking fun??

Benn
Old 13 Apr 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2672134)   #34
scott19
Rookie

thanks for the photos john!

Thanks Benn, wasnt really driving that well in the end as I hadnt sat in a race car since october last year, or driven that very car before so just jumped in on the day in a make shift seat. I wasnt comfortable in the car and very rusty, was missing gears and apex's left right and centre in the end but just won it by managing to get my head down on the first few laps and throw in some good early laps to get me clear. That Fowler car is very quick where you need it to be, excellent traction out of the corners onto the main straights so was able to break the tow in the first few laps quite easily.

What happened to you in the 1600 race- came in and went back out again, was it a plug lead or something like that? Looked as though you might take the fight to Burke in those early laps.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2672135)   #35
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
The last one for the time being.
Attached Thumbnails
cad-hscc-13.JPG  
Old 13 Apr 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2672210)   #36
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Race 3 - Historic Road Sports

The following link for some of the Historic Road Sports:

http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/Vie...ID=283599&AT=3
Old 13 Apr 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2672354)   #37
ralt-racer
Racer

Quote:
thanks for the photos john!

Thanks Benn, wasnt really driving that well in the end as I hadnt sat in a race car since october last year, or driven that very car before so just jumped in on the day in a make shift seat. I wasnt comfortable in the car and very rusty, was missing gears and apex's left right and centre in the end but just won it by managing to get my head down on the first few laps and throw in some good early laps to get me clear. That Fowler car is very quick where you need it to be, excellent traction out of the corners onto the main straights so was able to break the tow in the first few laps quite easily.

What happened to you in the 1600 race- came in and went back out again, was it a plug lead or something like that? Looked as though you might take the fight to Burke in those early laps.

Yeah I had a plug lead off on the first lap luckily for me there was a red flag due to a shunt at the hairpin. I was able to nip back to the paddock find it and rejoin in second for the re-start. Darren had the legs on me he was clear after a couple of laps then just drove away I need to find something we are too far away still I was pleased how well the car went.

So are you going to be out in neil's car again?

Benn
Old 13 Apr 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2672357)   #38
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Roadsports

Thanks John for the lovely shot of my Elan in the paddock. I had a great dice with Dave Randall in his Ginetta all race long in Historic Roadsports race 3. He was just too nimble at the two corners that matter - Barn and Charlies, so could not use my extra top speed to full advantage.
I had no rear brakes for much of the race and apparently he had no clutch action so I guess we were pretty evenly handicapped, but the pace was blisteringly quick - more than a second a lap faster than last year.
The last lap board seemed to signal the time for heroics (when will I learn?) and so I spent a fair bit of time on the green stuff rather than the tarmac which made it more exciting than I intended.
I think Cadwell is the most satisfying circuit I have driven in the UK, fast, technically challenging and very interesting. I don't understand why the grids aren't oversubscribed - sure it's a long journey for most to get there (I live in Dorset) but we'll happily trail our way to Spa etc....
Keep the photos coming. Thanks

Paul Tooms
Old 14 Apr 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2672509)   #39
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
A couple of Paul's Elan at Hall Bends.
Attached Thumbnails
cad-hscc-14.JPG   cad-hscc-15.JPG  
Old 14 Apr 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2672519)   #40
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 3 - Historic Road Sports

This could be one of the most pictorially represented meetings we've ever had on this forum, thanks to Paddy, Andy and Gary; keep them coming, folks.

This race was supported by Zircotec. Shots include Andy Shepherd's grassy moment coming through Coppice, and the Dave Randall/Paul Tooms dice for the lead on the last lap and taken just seconds before Paul was to take the first of the grassy moments he mentioned above on the exit of Charlie's:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6059wb.jpg   IMG_6066wb.jpg   IMG_6070wb.jpg  

IMG_6159wb.jpg   IMG_6181wb.jpg   IMG_6198wb.jpg  

Old 14 Apr 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2672528)   #41
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A few more of my shots:

Scott Temple's Reynard, winner of the FF2000 race. Was Colin Gigner looking after your car Scott?

Paul Possamai's Lola T580. All he needs is a black and red helmet and it could be Mike Blanchet.

Steve Gardiner's Reynard SF80.

'Pukka Pies' boss Andrew Storer in his Royale RP27.

An older Royale - the 1971 Supervee RP9 of John Bowles.

Nigel Grant's Delta T78.

Historic Roadsports underway.

The battle at the front between Dave Randall's Ginetta and Paul Tooms' Elan, on their way to the grid through Barn.

Paul trying hard through Barn.

Dean Forward should be pointing thus, but very entertaining in sideways mode.

Derek Buckton's Elden Mk8 in the FF thrash.

Rear view of Ian Ashley's Lola T200.

Not sure who this is, not in the prog, but another T200 exits the hairpin with the tail out.

Memories of Castrol liveried F3 cars of Colin Vandervell and Jody Scheckter. But this is Anthony Ross in his Lotus 59.

Ian Gray, Brabham BT16 through the hairpin.

Classic Racing Cars lead battle. In period, they would be passing the long demolished farmhouse that stood by the track.

Lotus FJ approaching the mountain section in the rear-engined race.

A gaggle of Juniors in the same event.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2672569)   #42
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 4 - Historic Formula Junior

Sponsored by Miller Oils, this one for the front engined cars, for the Barry Westmoreland Trophy:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6220wb.jpg   IMG_6228wb.jpg   IMG_6240wb.jpg  

IMG_6251wb.jpg   IMG_6281wb.jpg   IMG_6340wb.jpg  

Old 14 Apr 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2672594)   #43
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 5 - 70s Roadsports

Interesting mix of cars:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6371wb.jpg   IMG_6375wb.jpg   IMG_6382wb.jpg  

IMG_6422wb.jpg   IMG_6455wb.jpg   IMG_6519wb.jpg  

Old 14 Apr 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2672598)   #44
scott19
Rookie

Benn- You looked quick out there. Are you doing all the rounds? Darren Burke is pretty special, he was a very quick karter, sure you can take the fight to him though.

That was a one off in Neils Reynard, we've got a Delta from Iain Rowley but it was built from scratch and it was all a bit too last minute, went to the test on the Friday with it and didnt manage a lap, bag tank fell apart and clogged the fuel system with foam. We packed up and went home but had a chat with Neil Friday night and he made his car available so i tunred up on Sunday and jumped in it.

Andrew- thanks for the picture, I like that one, nice shot. Colin Gigner was working for the team that weekend but didnt do anything on my car as such. All the thanks goes to Neil Fowler really as he prepared the car on the saturday and bought it to the track Sunday morning
Old 14 Apr 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2672818)   #45
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Race 6 - FF2000

Sponsored by the Packing Partnership:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6600wb.jpg   IMG_6610wb.jpg   IMG_6619wb.jpg  

IMG_6679wb.jpg   IMG_6694wb.jpg   IMG_6767wb.jpg  

Old 14 Apr 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2672825)   #46
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like to say how much i enjoyed my first race meeting with HSCC. Met some very friendly and helpful people and look forward to more of the same.

Looking at the photos i looks like i missed some good racing while i was under my car taking the gearbox out.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2672844)   #47
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While you were underneath I was having a good look round the topside - beautifully prepared car if I may say so.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2672884)   #48
ralt-racer
Racer

Quote:
Benn- You looked quick out there. Are you doing all the rounds? Darren Burke is pretty special, he was a very quick karter, sure you can take the fight to him though.

That was a one off in Neils Reynard, we've got a Delta from Iain Rowley but it was built from scratch and it was all a bit too last minute, went to the test on the Friday with it and didnt manage a lap, bag tank fell apart and clogged the fuel system with foam. We packed up and went home but had a chat with Neil Friday night and he made his car available so i tunred up on Sunday and jumped in it.

Andrew- thanks for the picture, I like that one, nice shot. Colin Gigner was working for the team that weekend but didnt do anything on my car as such. All the thanks goes to Neil Fowler really as he prepared the car on the saturday and bought it to the track Sunday morning

Not too sure it will depend on funds and it is a bit of a pain trailering the f3 ff and a caravan.

Ian will have you running I wonder how the delta will feel in comparison to the Reynard. Neil is a good bloke sorting that for you

Benn
Old 15 Apr 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2673004)   #49
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Robyn Slater's Anglia

Roger Cope. Winner of the second saloon race, this is race 1.

The great Jaguar battle in race 1.

James Bailey's Fiat 128 in the 70s Roadsports.

James Owen's Elva 200 in the CRC race

Andrew Thorpe's March 703 on the same circuit where March made its debut with Ronnie Peterson in 1969.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2673028)   #50
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Races 4, 6 & 7

A few shots from races 4, 6 and 7 shown below plus the links to more from each race. This completes all of the race photos that I took on the day - for races 1, 2 and 3 see my earlier posts. Didn't photograph race 5 but did so for the practice - will add these later. Gary.

Race 4 - Formula Junior:
http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/Vie...ID=283818&AT=3

Race 6 - FF2000:
http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/Vie...ID=283819&AT=3

Race 7 - Formula Junior:
http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/Vie...ID=283820&AT=3
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_4401_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4407_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4468_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_4527_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4623_edited-1.jpg   GJC_4674_edited-1.jpg