[Insert Something Witty Here]  
Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MarshalsGuide MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 24-04 20:00 : THUNDERSPORT ELITE RD 2 : DONINGTON PARK  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   10-Tenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 16 Oct 2013, 12:50   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2014 DTM speculation, rumours and news

2014 DTM calendar:

4 May - Hockenheimring
18 May - Oschersleben
1 June - Hungaroring
29 June - Norisring
13 July - Moscow
3 August - Red Bull Ring
10 August - Nürburgring
14 September - Lausitzring
28 September - China TBA
19 October - Hockenheimring

Zandvoort and Brands Hatch are out, Hungaroring and China are in.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 19:19   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Dallas, TX
Beetle has a real shot at the championship!Beetle has a real shot at the championship!Beetle has a real shot at the championship!Beetle has a real shot at the championship!Beetle has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting...

Here's an interesting bit from the article on RACER:

Quote:
While the six German venues on the schedule remain unchanged, the DTM has revamped its international dates. Moscow Raceway and Austria's Spielberg keep their races, but Brands and Zandvoort miss out as the series heads to the Hungaroring for the first time since 1988 and returns to China as expected.

It has not yet been decided whether the Shanghai or Guangdong circuit will be used for the Chinese event on Sept. 28 next year.
I wonder... by "Shanghai" do they mean the F1 circuit in Jiading or the street circuit in Pudong where they ran a few years ago. I don't care for either, really, but if they do choose Shanghai Intl., I hope they run the full layout, not just the cut version like they did with V8 Supercars.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 19:33   #3
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they were talking some time ago about a return to Shanghai and it would be another street circuit
Old 16 Oct 2013, 22:44   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Zandvoort for Hungaroring and Guangdong... Why not Slovakiaring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
if they do choose Shanghai Intl., I hope they run the full layout, not just the cut version like they did with V8 Supercars.
I doubt so. I'm sure tthey will try to let cars pass as many times through the main grandstands.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 22:52   #5
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im sure they wont race at Shanghai Intl. it would be very bad for dtm to race infront of grandstands that are 85% empty.

a street circuit or a smaller circuit like guangdong is better because they can say the race is soldout which shows how popular dtm is.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 11:29   #6
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What they really need to introduce is less pitstops and longer races. A 500km race or two would be a massive step forward.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 15:28   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
At the Nordschleife!
Old 18 Oct 2013, 16:39   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am surprised they do not have an (non championship) endurance race with invited drivers like in V8 Supercars.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 16:44   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
At the Nordschleife!
With SuperGT having same rules from next year they could invite them and have a 500 km or even 1000 km race at the Nordschleife.

In return DTM could join SuperGT at the 1000 km of Suzuka.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 17:57   #10
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does seem like the DTM could use a little more creativity with their races, the German rounds in particular (bar the ever enjoyable Norisring race) do get a little dull - some long endurance races might well liven it up.

However, given the rigidity of the DTM's television's broadcast terms I can't see them doing it any more than F1 or MotoGP doing the same.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 10:52   #11
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has it been decided yet whether Mercedes will increase back to 8 drivers yet?
Also, does anyone have a list of the drivers that will be in DTM 2014? (if anyone is confirmed yet)
Old 19 Oct 2013, 11:48   #12
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I am surprised they do not have an (non championship) endurance race with invited drivers like in V8 Supercars.
Is a great idea, much better than the Munich Stadium race.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 12:17   #13
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLast2LiftOff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
However, given the rigidity of the DTM's television's broadcast terms I can't see them doing it any more than F1 or MotoGP doing the same.
The DTM televisions broadcast terms are rigid are they Tim? (I didn't know that.)

What are you talking about? Sorry but you lost me there.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 12:50   #14
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
The DTM televisions broadcast terms are rigid are they Tim? (I didn't know that.)

What are you talking about? Sorry but you lost me there.
DTM runs on public TV, but only gets a 90 minutes timeslot. 20 minutes are for pre-/post-race coverage, the rest is for racing. If the race is red-flagged, the time keeps running, leading a shorter race (See Adria 2010).

"Das Erste" also meddles quite a bit into the race format. They're supposedly responsible for the current race format, including the mandatory pitstops. This was probably a move to get closer to F1.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 14:36   #15
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
With SuperGT having same rules from next year they could invite them and have a 500 km or even 1000 km race at the Nordschleife.

In return DTM could join SuperGT at the 1000 km of Suzuka.

Or do it as a non-championship race, together with Blancpain Endurance Series.