Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Jan 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2819324)   #1
Richard Duvall
Racer

England
Rochford
Richard Duvall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch - Camping

Most of last season I camped weekends at Brands so I am familiar with the campsites. This coming season I am planning to upgrade to a caravan as my old bones don't take too kindly to camping!

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it safe to assume that it's OK to arrive the evening before a meeting, and if so do I need to contact anyone?

2. There is one weekend where it would handy to travel onwards after the weekend. Would it be OK to have our dog with us?
Old 22 Jan 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2819341)   #2
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Richard, Dogs are a definite no-no anywhere within the boundary of any circuit. I would suggest if you need to bring your dog, you find a campsite near to the circuit you are visiting. However, many campsites say dogs must not be left unattended!!! Last year a competitor was asked to leave Cadwell on the Saturday night because he had a dog with him. Hard on those who have dogs, but those are the rules.
Old 22 Jan 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2819348)   #3
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Duvall View Post
1. Is it safe to assume that it's OK to arrive the evening before a meeting, and if so do I need to contact anyone?
Yes and No

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 23 Jan 2011, 01:18 (Ref:2819395)   #4
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Should be fine - I do that all the time at the circuits I go to, including Brands. Heck, the craic on the campsite on Fri/Sat nights is one of the biggest attractions of marshalling for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyceswan View Post
Sorry Richard, Dogs are a definite no-no anywhere within the boundary of any circuit....However, many campsites say dogs must not be left unattended!!!
The main marshals campsite at Brands (the one used for bigger meetings) is outside the circuit boundary/fence, so you might have a chance there. For smaller meetings, it's they "grey" car park/campsite which is inside the circuit, and as Joyce says will be a definite no for dogs. Best bet to find out for sure is to contact the circuit or organising club for the relevant meeting directly.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2819464)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Most of last season I camped weekends at Brands so I am familiar with the campsites. This coming season I am planning to upgrade to a caravan as my old bones don't take too kindly to camping!

I have a couple of questions:

2. There is one weekend where it would handy to travel onwards after the weekend. Would it be OK to have our dog with us?
No Dogs at Brands, Lydden are OK with them BTW.
You can arrive the night before, go to the A20 gate but I think they sometimes lock this around 10-11pm so a phone call wouldn't hurt if you think you may be late.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2819489)   #6
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post

The main marshals campsite at Brands (the one used for bigger meetings) is outside the circuit boundary/fence, so you might have a chance there. .
No, that's a no dogs area also - I had a marshal on post with me last season who fell foul of this.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2819490)   #7
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are day kennels just down the road from Brands, I can't remember the name of them though - someone local might be able to help, they are just by the layby near the Scratchers Lane entrance to the circuit.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2819543)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
There is a branch of Battersea Dogs Home close by, not sure if they take boarders
Old 23 Jan 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2819668)   #9
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
There is a branch of Battersea Dogs Home close by, not sure if they take boarders
Well it sure beats camping
Old 24 Jan 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2820078)   #10
Paul Mann
Rookie

England
Portsmouth
Paul Mann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
There are day kennels just down the road from Brands, I can't remember the name of them though - someone local might be able to help, they are just by the layby near the Scratchers Lane entrance to the circuit.
There is a lovely burger van next door