Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jun 2011, 02:01 (Ref:2896343)   #101
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(Waves) at Mr Tinkler...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jun 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2897008)   #102
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fiore to DJR perhaps? Would give DJR a second car, but then where to for Mr Moff? Bottle-O?
Old 12 Jun 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2897033)   #103
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Fiore to DJR perhaps? Would give DJR a second car, but then where to for Mr Moff? Bottle-O?
Why not to Mr Schwerkolt's apparently new alliance?
Old 15 Jun 2011, 23:30 (Ref:2899864)   #104
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon GT View Post
Charlie and Tekno already have a deal in place.
It's no co-incidence that CS has been seen regularly with the Webbs and at Tekno.

Tekno will be a 2 car team using the 18 and 19 REC

DJR also have absolutely no option of buying it back unless CS decided to sell it to them
For 2013 at the earliest according to this week's AA...
Old 15 Jun 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2899870)   #105
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
In MeN this week, there is a story that suggests that Mr Ingall may be contemplating his future post V8Supercar, bu taking on a couple of Nationwide NASCAR road circuit races...

Its the clearest sign so far that the driver in question is thinking of something different in the future. How immediate in the future isnt exactly clear!

What has me thinking though... is if 888 has Mr Thompson on ice as a replacement for Mr Lowndes or Mr Whincup for when they decide to do something else, is it possible that Mr Ingall's replacement at the 888-supplied PMM, could be Mr Thompson

888-designed car, still Queensland based... likely fit in well enough with the SuperCheap people... while Mr Ingall can pop back into contention for the enduros.

Is there enough willpower in all of that to put something together?
Old 15 Jun 2011, 23:55 (Ref:2899878)   #106
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In MeN this week, there is a story that suggests that Mr Ingall may be contemplating his future post V8Supercar, bu taking on a couple of Nationwide NASCAR road circuit races...

Its the clearest sign so far that the driver in question is thinking of something different in the future. How immediate in the future isnt exactly clear!

What has me thinking though... is if 888 has Mr Thompson on ice as a replacement for Mr Lowndes or Mr Whincup for when they decide to do something else, is it possible that Mr Ingall's replacement at the 888-supplied PMM, could be Mr Thompson

888-designed car, still Queensland based... likely fit in well enough with the SuperCheap people... while Mr Ingall can pop back into contention for the enduros.

After Thompson's season at Bundy Red racing, do you really think he would want to step into another second rate team? While PMM have '888-designed' cars they clearly are struggling to work out how to extract speed from them, and if I was Thompson I'd look for a more competitive team (Like GRM? BJR?) so this time he doesn't just last one season in the main game
Old 16 Jun 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2899882)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
After Thompson's season at Bundy Red racing, do you really think he would want to step into another second rate team? While PMM have '888-designed' cars they clearly are struggling to work out how to extract speed from them, and if I was Thompson I'd look for a more competitive team (Like GRM? BJR?) so this time he doesn't just last one season in the main game
But Mr Thompson doesnt seem to have any money to bring...
Old 16 Jun 2011, 04:18 (Ref:2899933)   #108
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

wasn't this the intention of SBR for Mr Winterbottom going to LMS which died along with LMS?

and don't forget Mr Whincup's widely reported desire for a tilit in Nth America

Would be interesting, and good, for teams to have a Red Bull/Toro Rosso set up, along with a FV8 setup, money pending, which of course will be very hard to achieve. Driver proves worth in FV8, steps up to the junior team, learns the tracks/PR/competition, and if good enough, moves to the senior team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
But in this day and age of people whispering in young driver's ears that they are brilliant steerers, when they may be a little less than that in reality, coupled with Gen Y's enthusiasm for getting what they want yesterday, and doubt you will get a lot of patience for a driver to follow the above path... unless you didn't have the money to buy a drive
Old 17 Jun 2011, 03:46 (Ref:2900693)   #109
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Didn't David Reynolds get the boot from Walkinshaw because Thompson bought the drive?
Old 17 Jun 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2900695)   #110
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Didn't David Reynolds get the boot from Walkinshaw because Thompson bought the drive?
In the days before LDG went to the wall... allegedly
Old 17 Jun 2011, 04:14 (Ref:2900699)   #111
rik
Veteran

So he gets a 888 Fujitsu/enduro ride on talent alone?
Old 17 Jun 2011, 04:46 (Ref:2900703)   #112
Ray Singcar
Rookie

Ray Singcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mm

Yes absolutely...the talent of his father to write a fat cheque
Old 17 Jun 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2900771)   #113
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This would suit Rusty's Bump and grind racing style. He should definetly go for it.

Perhaps take the heat of some of NASCARS sooky drivers
Old 17 Jun 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2900791)   #114
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
This would suit Rusty's Bump and grind racing style. He should definetly go for it.

Perhaps take the heat of some of NASCARS sooky drivers
Funded by ....

Owen Kelly was successful first time out, didnt lead anywhere:
http://booths.speedcafe.com.au/2011/...ascar-in-2011/
Old 18 Jun 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2901622)   #115
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good new for Murph fans.... probably....
Old 19 Jun 2011, 04:03 (Ref:2901697)   #116
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Owen Kelly was successful first time out, didnt lead anywhere
He's qualifying for Ambrose at Montreal:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/06/01/...e-in-montreal/
Old 19 Jun 2011, 17:23 (Ref:2901929)   #117
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

So long as the team boss isn't driving I doubt anyone's fussed who drives what's really a mid to backmarker car.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2902298)   #118
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmookeyj033 View Post
So long as the team boss isn't driving I doubt anyone's fussed who drives what's really a mid to backmarker car.

I think that Supercheap, if they stay around will either go for a mature driver or a young appealing driver to promote there stores.

A young bloke in the seat, but maybe not at PMM, say Kelly Raing, and Rusty as Supercheap ambassador and enduro driver.

Who knows in the wierld world of sponsorship and advertising.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2902758)   #119
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LDG???
Old 21 Jun 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2902802)   #120
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
LDG???
Latitude Development Group...

Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2903439)   #121
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone heard anything if GT is going back to GRM. With a complete driver swap with LH
Old 28 Jun 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2907106)   #122
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT has just signed on for another 3 years. Where to for LH or can GRM come up with a package to keep him?
Old 28 Jun 2011, 04:33 (Ref:2907127)   #123
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alco View Post
GT has just signed on for another 3 years. Where to for LH or can GRM come up with a package to keep him?
Great news "blue"
Old 28 Jun 2011, 05:13 (Ref:2907131)   #124
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alco View Post
GT has just signed on for another 3 years.
Story Here
Old 4 Jul 2011, 00:05 (Ref:2917692)   #125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Does This mean that Irwin Tools is staying at SBR for next season & beyond?