[Insert Something Witty Here]  
Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MarshalsGuide MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 17-04 19:25 : FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS RALLY DE PORTUGAL  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   10-Tenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Jan 2012, 11:09   #1561
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Zwolle, Holland
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On twitter:
RacecarEngineer: And on top of all of the F1 stuff we are still sitting on a very surprising and cool LMP1 story (see Dec issue of RCE for a huge hint)

Anybody with a december issue of RE (or an other inside) in this. Wasn't the december issue the one with the piece about Dome?

Maybe the alleged link between the new Toyota and the Dome?

edit
Beat me to it NellisB
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:10   #1562
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any news about the plans of JetAlliance Racing? What about that mysterious new manufacturer?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:20   #1563
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis has a real shot at the podium!deggis has a real shot at the podium!deggis has a real shot at the podium!deggis has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by from another forum
german Sportauto spreads the rumour that

1) Honda is considering returning to the LMP1 class now that Toyota is in it and
2) Mazda is in development of a LMP1 themselves.

Apparently they go another route of green racing, by use of a Hydrogen Rotary.
Apparently the print version - nothing here: http://www.sportauto-online.de/motorsport-978772.html
Old 3 Feb 2012, 08:01   #1564
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJapanese Samurai should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Taki Inoue tweets that his Le Mans participating plan did not accomplish.
http://twitter.com/#!/takiinoue/stat...76570971717634
Old 3 Feb 2012, 17:03   #1565
pederb
Racer

United States
Oakland, CA
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wonder what happen to Reiter Engineering running a Lambo GTE at LM
Old 3 Feb 2012, 17:43   #1566
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds
Simmi is going for a new world record!Simmi is going for a new world record!Simmi is going for a new world record!Simmi is going for a new world record!Simmi is going for a new world record!Simmi is going for a new world record!Simmi is going for a new world record!Simmi is going for a new world record!
Kind of a leftfield one but E-I reports that Alexandre Premat has signed a deal to compete full-time in Aussie V8 Supercars.

I'm sure he must have had offers for WEC/LM drives. Maybe he didn't want to compete in LMP2 any longer?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9442.html
Old 3 Feb 2012, 18:29   #1567
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In V8 Supercars all drivers get paid, and some of them pretty lavishly from what I've heard... so that might have played into that.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 19:48   #1568
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Kind of a leftfield one but E-I reports that Alexandre Premat has signed a deal to compete full-time in Aussie V8 Supercars.

I'm sure he must have had offers for WEC/LM drives. Maybe he didn't want to compete in LMP2 any longer?

At one point I thought he was in one of the Oak P1 cars but Oak ended up only entering 1 P1 which will be most likely Moreau and Kraihamer in WEC?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 12:31   #1569
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Left field indeed! No one saw this coming. With no experience in V8s its a bold move by Garry Rogers to give him a full season drive. Im a bit surprised why Premat would want to race a big heavy V8 compared to a LMP which is more similar to what he has raced in the past. Well good on him anyway, hope he goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
In V8 Supercars all drivers get paid, and some of them pretty lavishly from what I've heard... so that might have played into that.
Im guessing most drivers would be on six figures and at least half a dozen at the top would be earning upwards of half a million AUD per year with one or two of those on seven figures (or at least to anyway). Good money to be earnt.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 20:02   #1570
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new lap record!Victor_RO is going for a new lap record!Victor_RO is going for a new lap record!Victor_RO is going for a new lap record!Victor_RO is going for a new lap record!Victor_RO is going for a new lap record!
Sad news:

https://twitter.com/#!/dsceditor/sta...85050221580289

Quote:
Now certain that we can confirm Hankook have cancelled 2012 sportscar race programme
Where does that leave Farnbacher, I wonder?
Old 7 Feb 2012, 20:04   #1571
Chiana
Veteran

Finland
Hämeenlinna
Chiana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChiana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we've all known this for a while now after all the rumours last year but I was at least hoping to see Farnbacher at N24. Shame
Vincent Beaumesnil, June 2013: "We can change [LMGTE BoP] whenever we want. -- You have no other way to do it." ///////// ACO LMGT1 & LMGT2 2009 regulations: "-- It is out of the question to make adjustments after or in accordance to each race"
Old 7 Feb 2012, 20:12   #1572
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They still have their ADAC project I think: https://www.facebook.com/Farnbacher.ESET.Racing

Everything's in german and the translations of their latest messages don't work too well.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 20:44   #1573
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I think we've all known this for a while now after all the rumours last year but I was at least hoping to see Farnbacher at N24. Shame
GT-Masters: safe, line-up TBD
German Porsche Carrera Cup: safe
N24/VLN is being evaluated, might be with either the GT3-car or the GTE, probably the later.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 21:21   #1574
Chiana
Veteran

Finland
Hämeenlinna
Chiana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChiana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
GT-Masters: safe, line-up TBD
German Porsche Carrera Cup: safe
N24/VLN is being evaluated, might be with either the GT3-car or the GTE, probably the later.
I meant the GT2 programme, don't really care of their GT3 plans. But I'm glad if they continue at the Ring
Vincent Beaumesnil, June 2013: "We can change [LMGTE BoP] whenever we want. -- You have no other way to do it." ///////// ACO LMGT1 & LMGT2 2009 regulations: "-- It is out of the question to make adjustments after or in accordance to each race"
Old 7 Feb 2012, 22:02   #1575
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
farnbacher got still 2 F458. one for short races and one for endurance-racing. report in german, so maybe translation needed:

http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=7006&Itemid=1