[Insert Something Witty Here]  
Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MarshalsGuide MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 16-04 22:05 : FERRARI CHALLENGE EUROPA MONZA (TROFEO PIRELLI)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   10-Tenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Feb 2012, 11:57   #196
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'm not really sure about gutierrez. if you take out all the hype, aside from his epic fbmw season what's he done in bigger cars to make you think that he's a talent to get excited about?

in comparison, i don't know if korjus has done anything to *not* be impressed with!
I do agree re. Gutiérrez actually, his GP2 results last year were rather average for a driver with his amount of hype. In FBMW and GP3, however, he did show enough talent that I think he could turn out to be a top driver. We'll have to see how he does this year I think.

I do very much like Gorgeous Korjus, he was highly impressive in FR3.5 last year and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does this time. So I think you're probably right about Bianchi and Korjus being a stronger line-up actually.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 14:37   #197
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
challenge: name a stronger driver pairing in any non-f1 level single seater that's stronger than bianchi-korjus...
Franchitti-Dixon?
Old 9 Feb 2012, 22:39   #198
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Korjus won the weakest Euro FR championship in his third season in the category and now he is hot property?!
Old 10 Feb 2012, 07:50   #199
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Oxfordshire
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
He was impressive in a strong WSR field last year though.

Going on that form, i expect him to effectivley end Bianchi's Formula One aspirations.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 07:58   #200
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt it. I reckon Bianchi has this title sewn up. He really needs to win it.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:24   #201
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
with bianchi that tends to mean he's going to make hard work of it though, look what happened last year

btw i rate korjus so highly because he wasn't far off the performances from vergne when *he* first fell into a fr3.5 at the end of '10 (bearing in mind preseason testing etc). considering he is really young and pretty inexperienced the amount of composure and pace he showed was impressive. in my opinion in rossi's car he'd have scored more points. on balance of the talent in last year's field (all the way through the top 10 there's either serious driving talent or quick guys) he did a pretty solid job
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:28   #202
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
challenge: name a stronger driver pairing in any non-f1 level single seater that's stronger than bianchi-korjus...
Power - Briscoe? (or Castroneves if you will)

Will Power is ridiculously fast on road circuits!
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:47   #203
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Oxfordshire
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Going on from that - Franchitti/Dixon

Both Champions and Indy500 winners..... Power & Briscoe are neither.
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:49   #204
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Going on from that - Franchitti/Dixon

Both Champions and Indy500 winners..... Power & Briscoe are neither.
They were already mentioned
Old 10 Feb 2012, 09:55   #205
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Oxfordshire
dangnabbit!
Old 10 Feb 2012, 11:21   #206
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!chunterer has a real shot at the podium!
Is the pressure on Bianchi or not though?

On one hand he's dropped 'down' from GP2 where he flattered to deceive to a certain extent so the onus is very much on hom top win it...

On the other hand, he has proven extremely quick in an F1 car already and has been placed here to avoid getting snookered on F1 Friday practice days....

If his management were too worried about his rep they wouln't put him in 3.5 at all.

All Korjus needs to concern himself with is continuing to develop his skills and winning races against whoever his competition is.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 10:54   #207
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebella will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
you're all cheating by naming indycar teams

i think the pressure is on bianchi to win something, but maybe only from a personal perspective. ferrari seem content with following the drivers personal progress and their abilities in a f1 car at this level rather than like red bull who are all about the wins. i would have said that it's just because bianchi is managed by nicolas todt and they've followed him all the way through his career, but they seem to be keeping a very close eye on perez too even if he hasn't produced the numbers since british f3.

just for the record, here's the calendar and test dates. iirc it's just the first date that's only with one car per team, come the second they'll have both cars?

Formula Renault 3.5 Series Collective Testing Schedule
13-14 March: Paul Ricard HTTT (FRA)
3-4 April: Barcelona (ESP)
18-19 April: Motorland Aragón (ESP)

2012 World Series by Renault Schedule *
5-6 May: Motorland Aragón, Spain
26-27 May: Monaco (Formula Renault 3.5 Series only)
2-3 June: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
30 June-1 July: Nürburgring, Germany
14-15 July: Moscow Raceway, Russia**
25-26 August: TBC (Formula Renault 3.5 Series only)
15-16 September: Hungaroring, Hungary
29-30 September: Paul Ricard HTTT, France
20-21 October: Barcelona, Spain

* schedule to be confirmed by the FIA
** subject to FIA approval
Old 15 Feb 2012, 11:42   #208
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arden and Caterham are to link up in FR3.5 with CAterham using Arden for their young driver program.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97529

Will this lead to greater links elsewhere as they already have links in F1.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 14:41   #209
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
and lucas foresti at dams (lost opportunity for a championship contender in that drive perhaps?) has just been confirmed...

anyone care to do a list of who we have confirmed so far?

i've done it cause i'm bored...

dams - pic, foresti
tech1 - bianchi, korjus
carlin - magnussen, stevens
fortec - frijns, huertas
pons - amberg, cunha
p1 - grubmuller, move
draco - negrao, ?
bvm target - zampieri, ?
kmp - nebylitskiy, ?
charouz gravity - ?, ?
arden - williamson, rossi
isr - ?, ?
comtec - ?, ?

have i missed anyone?

Last edited by bella; 15 Feb 2012 at 15:10. Reason: forgot one. oops.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 15:40   #210
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
have i missed anyone?
Nope don't think you've missed anyone, that looks fine to me . The grid looks just as strong as the GP2 grid at the moment doesn't it? Especially if Sam Bird switches to FR3.5 as has been mooted - then we'd have a great title battle between (probably) Bianchi, Bird and Rossi.