[Insert Something Witty Here]  
Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MarshalsGuide MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 25-04 22:30 : V8 SUPERCARS RD 4 : PUKEKOHE - RACE 1  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   10-Tenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Mar 2012, 00:46   #46
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMatt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMatt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
dodge

chevy will not be using malibu or impala...they're using a new model as a race car and new 2013 MY street car.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...acecar-109445/
Old 14 Mar 2012, 08:47   #47
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks seriously good.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 16:37   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like it.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 17:27   #49
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chevrolet don't seem able to decide on a naming strategy for their flagship Cup car. I thought they changed to the Impala name from the Monte Carlo SS because the latter was not a big seller, and they wanted to extract the utmost brand identity from a mass production model.

Now it looks like the 2013 Bowtie will take the name from the front-engined, rear-drive V8 2013 'Commodore', which is simply never going to be a volume seller.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 17:33   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFIRE should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What's the best selling Chevy sedan? Impala? Cruze?
Old 14 Mar 2012, 18:16   #51
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Worldwide, probably the Cruze, but NASCAR is hardly a worldwide sport. Plus, you can't make a Sprint Cup car look like a Cruze; the latter is too small. But that takes us back to the Impala, and they've already said that the 2013 body will not be called an Impala.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 00:32   #52
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
What's the best selling Chevy sedan? Impala? Cruze?
In the US I'd guess the Malibu.

The new Charger looks pretty good. Now that the cars can have real features instead of stickers, they just need to get rid of the fake lights and we'll finally have stock cars that don't look silly anymore.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 02:22   #53
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMatt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMatt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post

Now it looks like the 2013 Bowtie will take the name from the front-engined, rear-drive V8 2013 'Commodore', which is simply never going to be a volume seller.
You'd be surprised.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:17   #54
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
But the given reason as to why the Monte Carlo SS name was dropped in favour of the Impala as the nominated GM Sprint Cup body in the first place was that the Monte Carlo was not a mass-market car.

I'd be delighted if the Great American Car-Buying Public came to their senses, and rushed in their droves to buy a front-engine rear-drive V-8 powered Chevrolet Commodore in 2013, but I somehow doubt it.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:40   #55
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
But the given reason as to why the Monte Carlo SS name was dropped in favour of the Impala as the nominated GM Sprint Cup body in the first place was that the Monte Carlo was not a mass-market car.

I'd be delighted if the Great American Car-Buying Public came to their senses, and rushed in their droves to buy a front-engine rear-drive V-8 powered Chevrolet Commodore in 2013, but I somehow doubt it.
The Pontiac G8 sold VERY well for the one year it was here.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 15:42   #56
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

You cannot get it unless you are a fleet buyer.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 15:51   #57
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
You cannot get it unless you are a fleet buyer.
Right now yes, but that is looking to change when the Commodore gets a major facelift for next year. The plan is to also sell it as a Chevy.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 21:15   #58
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton has a real shot at the championship!JHamilton has a real shot at the championship!JHamilton has a real shot at the championship!JHamilton has a real shot at the championship!JHamilton has a real shot at the championship!JHamilton has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

The Monte sold so poorly that they stopped making it and that is why they changed the name. Good riddance.

The Charger sells pretty well, so I don't see that being the issue. I don't think you will see a V8 offered unless this car sells REALLY well though due to the fuel mileage standards. They already have the pick ups, Camaro, and Corvette to offset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Right now yes, but that is looking to change when the Commodore gets a major facelift for next year. The plan is to also sell it as a Chevy.
It would have to be the Caprice though as the Commodore overlaps with the new Malibu's segment too much.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 23:32   #59
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The Monte sold so poorly that they stopped making it and that is why they changed the name. Good riddance.

The Charger sells pretty well, so I don't see that being the issue. I don't think you will see a V8 offered unless this car sells REALLY well though due to the fuel mileage standards. They already have the pick ups, Camaro, and Corvette to offset.

It would have to be the Caprice though as the Commodore overlaps with the new Malibu's segment too much.
Nah, the Malibu is a midsized ca,r the Commodore is large family car. Where the Impala currently sits.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 17:23   #60
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Nah, the Malibu is a midsized ca,r the Commodore is large family car. Where the Impala currently sits.
What size wheelbase does the Commodore have in inches?

The current Camaro, I believe, has the same size wheelbase as the seventies Chevelles had and the Charger's wheelbase is only one iinch shorter than the originals.

The scam on supposed car sizes that Detroits floats on the public nowaday is pathetic.
The biggest from Detroit is barely a mid-size and most are smaller than the old Chevy II which was a compact.

If one wants a true full-size one has to get a Mercedes or Rolls.