Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Mar 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3038457)   #251
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I love their treatment of the BHF.
Old 11 Mar 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3038473)   #252
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they didn't need of a sponsor because were fully supported by nismo. Surely HPD will reserve to JRM and strakka the same support that highcroft team received in past years
Old 11 Mar 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3038534)   #253
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
they didn't need of a sponsor because were fully supported by nismo. Surely HPD will reserve to JRM and strakka the same support that highcroft team received in past years
We'll see also if Chandhok brings any sponsors with him. I assume there must be some money behind him.
Old 12 Mar 2012, 06:47 (Ref:3038638)   #254
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
From what Ive heard , there is a substantial wedge coming from his sponsors .

How about a "PATAKS" curry Honda ?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3043922)   #255
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
From what Ive heard , there is a substantial wedge coming from his sponsors .

How about a "PATAKS" curry Honda ?
hahaha >.< made me lol
Old 18 Mar 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3044196)   #256
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The WEC point standing after the Sebring round can be found on http://www.lemans.org/en/races/fia-w...ring_6567.html
Old 18 Mar 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3044246)   #257
alexkiller8
Veteran

as i feared the driver championship structure is pure insanity .-. how could gt drivers reach more than 10 points during all the season? wasn't better do a driver championship for each class?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3044254)   #258
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The points in the driver world championship are based for overall position. So realistically only LMP1 drivers can win this championship.

The lower classes can only win an Endurance Trophy, which is awarded to teams instead on individual drivers. See http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...er_Sebring.PDF
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3044265)   #259
alexkiller8
Veteran

i know this, so what the meaning to make a driver champ structured like that? if lmp2 and gt drivers won't never be able to win? they could do a driver championship just reserved for lmp1 drivers or a driver championship for each class, but structured like this is a farce!
it's not a case if all multiple-class championships (ALMS, LMS, ex.FIA GT, Super GT, Blancpain etc....) don't use this kind of system, a thing like this if i remember well is used (or was used) just in GT-Open, but is already a different thing because in that champ the only difference is between GT2 and GT3 not between a prototype and a gt.

BTW weren't just #1 and #2 audi cars inserted in WEC entries? (if i remember well a third scoring manufacters champ's point car per team was allowed only at spa and le mans)
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3044277)   #260
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
BTW weren't just #1 and #2 audi cars inserted in WEC entries? (if i remember well a third scoring manufacters champ's point car per team was allowed only at spa and le mans)
Yes, for the manufacturer championship only the best place car scores points. In case of Audi this is the #2 car and it scores 25 points for its 1st place.

Originally the plan was that 2 designated cars would score points for the manufacturers title. However, that changed when Peugeot pulled the plug and Toyota decided only to enter 1 car in the full WEC season.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3044281)   #261
alexkiller8
Veteran

yes i know about toyota and 6 best results rule, but during the ACO conference of 2nd of february i perfectly remember that in the entry list, audi received for the WEC just 2 entries!
before the peugeot drop in january was agreed that manufacters could use a third car at spa and le mans and this car could score points for manufacter's champ (if was one of the best 2 placed).

Last edited by alexkiller8; 18 Mar 2012 at 23:39.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3044284)   #262
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA already has a world championship for GT - what's the point of having another one? LMP1 is the main course of the WEC, so it's perfectly logical that only LMP1 drivers will have a shot a the title.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3044285)   #263
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
FIA already has a world championship for GT - what's the point of having another one? LMP1 is the main course of the WEC, so it's perfectly logical that only LMP1 drivers will have a shot a the title.
what's the logic of this post? are you talking about 2 totally different competitions, well thinking like this then GT shouldn't run at all in FIA WEC!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3044286)   #264
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
yes i know about toyota and 6 best results rule, but during the ACO conference of 2nd of february i perfectly remember that in the entry list, audi received for the WEC were just 2 entries!
before the peugeot drop in january was agreed that manufacters could use a third car at spa and le mans and this car could score points for manufacter's champ (if was one of the best 2 placed).
I do not understand your conclusion.

Audi has two full season WEC entries. See http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ist_310112.pdf
For Sebring Audi had three WEC entries. See http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...of-sebring.pdf
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:44 (Ref:3044287)   #265
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
what's the logic of this post? are you talking about 2 totally different competitions, well thinking like this then GT shouldn't run at all in FIA WEC!
His post is fairly logical for me. In WEC the GT teams can only win a trophy, but not a world title because there already is a seperate world title for GT cars.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3044290)   #266
alexkiller8
Veteran

ok, at least we agree about the fact that audi received just 2 entries for the WEC, well, now shouldn't a third car be invisible in scoring points (with the exception of spa and LM if is in the 2 best placed) ? well why bernhard/dumas/duval scored points for the driver championship then? (and for sure they would score 25 points for audi if they won). The problem i think is that FIA/ACO hasn't ever been clear with the regulamentation... I just am asking my self what will prevent audi to bring a third car in all WEC races if they wish? so what's the point to make a WEC entry list if isn't respected at all?

The post before has not a logic, because if is like if i compare other 2 competitions that don't share a thing between each other.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3044297)   #267
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
ok, at least we agree about the fact that audi received just 2 entries for the WEC, well, now shouldn't a third car be invisible in scoring points (with the exception of spa and LM if is in the 2 best placed) ? well why bernhard/dumas/duval scored points for the driver championship then? (and for sure they would score 25 points for audi if they won).
The driver championship is independent of the manufacturer championship The #3 Audi participated in Sebring as a WEC LMP1 entry and not as an ALMS P1 entry.
Quote:
The problem i think is that FIA/ACO hasn't ever been clear with the regulamentation...
The FIA WEC sporting regulations are no secret. You can find them on the FIA website: http://private.fia.com/web/fia-publi...002%202012.pdf.
Quote:
I just am asking my self what will prevent audi to bring a third car in all WEC races if they wish? so what's the point to make a WEC entry list if isn't respected at all?
I have the impression that you do not understand the difference between a full season entry and a single race entry.

In Spa all drivers, in any car and any class, can score points for the WEC driver championship. That includes the drivers in the #3 and #4 Audi, in the Pescarolo Dome, etc.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:18 (Ref:3044302)   #268
alexkiller8
Veteran

"The FIA WEC sporting regulations are no secret. You can find them on the FIA website"
and i think that you don't understand the difference between regulations and regulamentation... and i am the guy that isn't clear with english language....

What i am trying to say is if audi is free to bring a third (and scoring points) car in all events (if audi did it in sebring, in theory can do it in all other post le mans races) why ACO release an entry list that doesn't match the truth?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:26 (Ref:3044309)   #269
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
What i am trying to say is if audi is free to bring a third (and scoring points) car in all events (if audi did it in sebring, in theory can do it in all other post le mans races) why ACO release an entry list that doesn't match the truth?
I still don't understand your problem. These additional cars will only score points the driver championship, but not the manufacturer championship.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:40 (Ref:3044322)   #270
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
"The FIA WEC sporting regulations are no secret. You can find them on the FIA website"
and i think that you don't understand the difference between regulations and regulamentation... and i am the guy that isn't clear with english language....
Regulamentation isn't a word in the English language.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3044324)   #271
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Remember than only full season entrants can score manufacturers points but any WEC entry, even as a one off can score drivers points i.e. if Toyota turned up with a third car for Fuji, it could score drivers but not manufacturers points. Perfect example of this was that slick tactical move that Audi pulled yesterday with what was a obvious team order when the #3 pitted after the #2 for no reason other than to let #2 take the lead, it made so strategic sense other than for the afore mentioned purposes.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is how Audi are freely allowed to change what car #1 and #2 are, one of which becomes a hybrid for the rest of the WEC.

Last edited by aneesh99; 19 Mar 2012 at 00:48.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 05:09 (Ref:3044396)   #272
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How are driver points scored? Position in class like the old ETCC days?

So if Tracy Krohn wins every GT-Am race he can be the world driver champion?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3044397)   #273
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
How are driver points scored? Position in class like the old ETCC days?

So if Tracy Krohn wins every GT-Am race he can be the world driver champion?
There's your flaw with that system, and why overall positions and a separate title for the GT classes is a better solution.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 05:58 (Ref:3044401)   #274
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
There's your flaw with that system, and why overall positions and a separate title for the GT classes is a better solution.
Honestly, trying to fit in 2 classes (technically 4 with LMP2 and GTE-Am) into 1 World Championship was always going to cause trouble. I agree with your idea, there should have been a separate World Endurance GT Championship to leave the LMPs in the regular WEC. Same events, but different organization.

Big question of course is whether the WEC will make it to next year or 2014. Spa's going to be really big in deciding the future of the series (in terms of race popularity). There'd better be a way to stream WEC in the USA or they are going to be even shakier than they already are.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 06:04 (Ref:3044403)   #275
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Honestly, trying to fit in 2 classes (technically 4 with LMP2 and GTE-Am) into 1 World Championship was always going to cause trouble. I agree with your idea, there should have been a separate World Endurance GT Championship to leave the LMPs in the regular WEC. Same events, but different organization.
I didn't mean it that way, I meant that within the same championship you can simply award two drivers' titles, one for LMP and one for GT drivers, and just keep the two brackets separate in terms of classifications and run them all together in the races. They're basically doing this right now only for the teams/manufacturers.