Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3059850)   #1
Mark-e21
Rookie

Mark-e21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA approved overalls

I have just had it brought to my attention that the Proban race suit I had made a few months ago is now obsolete and that I now need an FIA approved suit in time for Crystal Palace at the end of May.

As far as I can see, it will cost around £400+ to have a suit made as being of generous proportions an 'off the shelf' suit simply will not fit.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a budget suit or, better still, is there anyone who has a suit that might fit that they no longer need? I am using the Crystal Palace event to raise money for the Cornwall Air Ambulance and obviously cannot compete unless I find a suit.

I am 6' 2, 46'' waist and have very broad shoulders. Any help and/or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Old 15 Apr 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3059880)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
one of Midgetman's old suits might do - he'll be along soon. If not then PM him.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3059907)   #3
Mark-e21
Rookie

Thank you
Old 16 Apr 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3060011)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
one of Midgetman's old suits might do - he'll be along soon. If not then PM him.
Oi! I may be 6'2" but am not, and never have been, 42" waist!

Contact made anyway

MM
Old 16 Apr 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3060034)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-e21 View Post
I am using the Crystal Palace event to raise money for the Cornwall Air Ambulance and obviously cannot compete unless I find a suit.

Kudos to you, stick your fundraising page on here.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3060062)   #6
Mark-e21
Rookie

Thank you chaps.

If it's OK, I thought I would make a quick mention of why I wish to raise funds for Cornwalls Air Ambulance. In December 04' I was in a terrible accident on the A30. Unfortunately my car struck a lamp post and this resulted in my breaking my neck in 2 places, my back in 2 places, fractured skull and a shattered pelvis. I also suffered massive internal injuries and severed a blood vessel in my groin. Had it now been for the crew of the CAA pulling me from the burning wreckage and operating on me, at the roadside, in order to stem the blood loss, I would not be sat here today.
I spent a month in a coma and the following year in Treliske Hospital in Truro. The care I received was fantastic and after extensive surgeries, I am back to 80% mobility and able to achieve my goal of sprinting my old BMW at club level. I still have some medical issues and walk with a stick, but I try not to let those little things stop me doing the things I enjoy. Crystal Palace last year was my first ever event and a massive personal achievement. The journey from being bedridden and unable to move anything but my eyes and arms was slow and painful, but waiting for that first green light was fantastic and a feeling I will hold dear for a good few years. I hadn't been all that long ago that I had been fighting for my life.

So, a year later, I guess I just want to do a little something to say thank-you. If I can use my story, my car and an event like Crystal Palace to raise some much needed funds, then I am proud to be able to do so. I would also like to thank everyone who has made a positive remark and committed to making a donation on the day.

Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3060142)   #7
Mark-e21
Rookie

Donations can be made via PP to e21-mark@hotmail.co.uk using the reference Cornwall Air Ambulance.

http://www.facebook.com/RetroCarsMagazine

http://www.helimed181.co.uk/default.aspx

Thank you again.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3060503)   #8
Mark-e21
Rookie

Donations can be made safely here and the tax etc goes direct to the charity.

Thanks again for the kind comments people have sent me.

www.virginmoneygiving.com/MarkBrown12

Old 7 May 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3070578)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-e21 View Post

What was that? and where on the A30 did you scat un?