Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Sep 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3140900)   #26
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must say, Britcar put on a better production than SRO did for the Spa 24. RLM and footage throughout the night, superb. I am sure that Britcar has a much smaller budget to work with as well.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3140916)   #27
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey View Post
do we know why there were so few entries this year. down 50% on all other years. i really wish this event would take off with spectators and teams as it is a great event and one we should treasure before we loose it
It also clashed with the Spa 6hrs-apparently a lot of the historic racers usually do Britcar aswell.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3140926)   #28
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=brands;3140505]In the end the #28 BMW beat faster cars by staying on the track and not breaking down.
[QUOTE]

Is that not part and parcel of 24 hour racing though? One of the appeals of Britcar for me has always been the fact that smaller teams can pull off a giant killing act with the right reliability and fuel mileage.

I actually thought it was one of the more entertaining races despite the low grid, although admittedly the last few hours would have been better had the Ginetta and the Mosler not suffered their various wheel related maladies. The only puzzler for me is I'd like to know where on the circuit noise was being measured, as from where I was the Synchro car was nowhere near being one of the loudest.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3141069)   #29
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was in the Media Centre from 10PM-ish through 'till the finish and there was loads of controversy regarding the noise issues. One car that got Black Flagged (It was two Black Flags for exclusion) for the noise was the #69 BMW 1-Series, which basically sounded no different from the road-going model going past on a road; it was by far the quietest car there.

It was a very odd situation that in the eyes of many in the Media Centre rather tainted the race.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 24 Sep 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3141097)   #30
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
... The only puzzler for me is I'd like to know where on the circuit noise was being measured, as from where I was the Synchro car was nowhere near being one of the loudest.
There was static and in motion noise tests. the static ones were taking place in the scrutineering bay, I'm not sure where the other ones were but I'd presume it was somewhere near the startline

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46
I was in the Media Centre from 10PM-ish through 'till the finish and there was loads of controversy regarding the noise issues. One car that got Black Flagged (It was two Black Flags for exclusion) for the noise was the #69 BMW 1-Series, which basically sounded no different from the road-going model going past on a road; it was by far the quietest car there.

It was a very odd situation that in the eyes of many in the Media Centre rather tainted the race.
It must have been louder than the road going to be given a black flag, at the end of the day the scrutineers wouldn't make up the noise meter readings

At the end of the day what would you rather have, the race to be banned due to noise and never happening again or two cars being excluded from the race and several others being on final warnings
Old 25 Sep 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3141707)   #31
Jaguarman1
Rookie

England
Warwickshire
Jaguarman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick note to thank everyone here for all of the well wishers and visitors to the Carvell Motorsport pit over the weekend. The XF24 admittedly had some problems but the team worked through them and the support was very much appreciated.
I personally was on a beach at the time (when I booked it, we weren't doing Britcar ) so couldn't be there.

Next main event could well be the 48hr race in Spain next March......

Thanks again
Dave
Old 26 Sep 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3142048)   #32
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
It was SO saddening to be at Becketts, and see the XF cruise by, then realise it had pulled off at the far end.
But, a TOP job to keep working, and get it back out again, so I could clap the car back in at the end of things.
Some pix from me on my Flickr, and I just want to say I am a VERY proud Dad of RLMs soaking pit lane reporter for most of the night! Not bad for a debutant, eh?
Old 26 Sep 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3142156)   #33
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I just want to say I am a VERY proud Dad of RLMs soaking pit lane reporter for most of the night! Not bad for a debutant, eh?
He was great.