Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jan 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3183826)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
AF Corse

Quick question that doesnt fit anyplace else really .

How many Ferrari 458's do AF Corse own please ?

And how many of what type , meaning GTE Pro/Am , GT3 , whatever else .
Old 2 Jan 2013, 15:03 (Ref:3183827)   #2
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't they be owned by customers?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3183828)   #3
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Butt-loads
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3183829)   #4
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller View Post
Wouldn't they be owned by customers?
And aren't the GTE-Pro cars (as factory cars) owned by Michelotto?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3183835)   #5
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just speculating here, but they might have a combination of owned, leased and customer owned cars.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3183844)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Just seems to me they have cars everywhere . Possibily the AF Waltrip car is owned by Waltrip , but Ive never heard that said before . Im just tryin to find out what they own exactly .

And Im surprised at your answer Arakis ..... I thought you of all would have hbeen able to answer that question for me !!!
Old 2 Jan 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3183852)   #7
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ask them directly, contact page link from their site...

http://www.afcorse.it/english/contacts

They even have supplied a check in the "info request" box.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3183877)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How's your Italian G?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3183900)   #9
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
And Im surprised at your answer Arakis ..... I thought you of all would have hbeen able to answer that question for me !!!
Sorry to disappoint, but I was never concerned with how many cars they have, If I had to guess I'd say between 10 and 15 GTE and GT3s total... But as to who owns what in what series and under what conditions, i never researched.. As long as they have a prancing horse on their hood, factory support and kick ass in GTE I'm happy
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3183906)   #10
sublimao
Rookie

Italy
Alassio Italian Riviera
sublimao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFCorse

I think Ric6 gots the right answer.
AmatoFerrari owns cars and lease as well, the team is very close to the mother factory which is too busy (unfortunately) with the F1 program.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3183910)   #11
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
semi-related question--did Risi always own his car(s), or were they owned by investors, or some loan from Ferrari/Michelleto?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3183913)   #12
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
semi-related question--did Risi always own his car(s), or were they owned by investors, or some loan from Ferrari/Michelleto?
The chassis that had class wins at Le Mans '08, Petit '08, Sebring '09 and Le Mans '09 for Risi was owned from the start by a private individual according to one of Radio Le Mans' American contributors.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3183920)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The chassis that had class wins at Le Mans '08, Petit '08, Sebring '09 and Le Mans '09 for Risi was owned from the start by a private individual according to one of Radio Le Mans' American contributors.
Thanks for that (I should have done that myself). That car has to have been a really good investment.

I have another question now-typically in a stituation where an investor owns the car, are they contributing only the car or also some financial support to running it, or are those costs handled by the team running it? I guess it varies by team and also potentially by car?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3183921)   #14
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Also, to add to that answer, some teams, for example Prodrive, pre-sold all their cars (the factory GT1 cars and the Lolas at least) to collectors, and the collectors got the cars when their racing careers ended.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3183925)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
How's your Italian G?
About as good as your Aramic I reckon
Old 2 Jan 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3183934)   #16
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
This is accurate. There are some interesting stories about how that car was used as a parts bin at times (saw one of them first hand) to repair another chassis damaged at race events. If the owner only knew... I know I couldn't take a torch to a Le Mans winner.
Quite a significant 430 in terms of Ferrari history, who wouldn't love to own it?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3183942)   #17
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
This is accurate. There are some interesting stories about how that car was used as a parts bin at times (saw one of them first hand) to repair another chassis damaged at race events. If the owner only knew... I know I couldn't take a torch to a Le Mans winner.
Quite a significant 430 in terms of Ferrari history, who wouldn't love to own it?
Maybe it got used as a parts bin before it started racking up the major wins? Risi did have a disastrous start to 2008 after all as RLM kept reminding us during the '08 Le Mans commentary, so maybe the owner thought the car wouldn't amount to much. Until it started winning all the long-distance classics, that is.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3184164)   #18
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So is the car in one piece still?

No doubt that would be one of the most valuable Ferrari GT racers in the modern era.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3184272)   #19
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it is. I think during one of the ALMS TV broadcasts they made reference to a rear fender being removed from it and borrowed after it was a already a Le Mans winner. I am speculating but I would hazard to guess either Tracy Krohn or Harrison Brix could be the owner. They helped fund Risi operations through that period.