Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Which circuits would you drop? (4-8 options please)
Mid-Ohio 8 9.76%
Lime Rock 29 35.37%
Mosport 5 6.10%
Austin 10 12.20%
Barber 36 43.90%
Indianapolis 44 53.66%
Virginia 14 17.07%
New Jersey 57 69.51%
Long Beach 23 28.05%
Detroit 37 45.12%
Baltimore 47 57.32%
Houston 64 78.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Jul 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3281997)   #176
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait for the new series to come to Indy next year! The stands are PACKED for the race going on right now. I think I see upwards of 30 people in attendance.
Old 26 Jul 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3282007)   #177
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Choose your reply:

"who's racing there, now, after all?"
"who cares about roval racing anyways?"
"wait a minute, how'd the GA crowd triple? ;P"
Old 26 Jul 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3282008)   #178
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
...we'll happily continue speculating. I speculate that they fail in slowing down LMP2 enough to make ISC happy wrt the speeds, so they'll throw in another bus stop style chicane, further ruining the "track" and then you'll join me, Andy. Don't sweat it, we'll be having a toast sooner than you think
The bus stop chicane at Daytona, prompted by massive GTP tire failures on the banking, was designed to address a safety issue. The situation is similar to the need for the ACO to maintain a chicane on the Mulsanne Straight for the past 24 years.

I think the bus stop actually makes for a more interesting lap around the circuit, especially for an amateur racer in a Formula Ford or SCCA showroom stock car.

I would be delighted to toast you at the Rolex 24 next year, but it sounds like you won't be there.

Andy Flinn
Old 26 Jul 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3282012)   #179
ACFlinn
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Can't wait for the new series to come to Indy next year! The stands are PACKED for the race going on right now. I think I see upwards of 30 people in attendance.
I have only ONE question:

If you don't like it why are you watching it?

Andy Flinn
Old 26 Jul 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3282016)   #180
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post

Andy Flinn
The baseball game doesn't start until 7. But don't worry, I just turned off the onboard stream I was watching. I hope that's ok with you. I'll be sure to clear my other viewing decisions with you ahead of time in the future.
Old 26 Jul 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3282023)   #181
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How other people view this discussion.

Old 27 Jul 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3282047)   #182
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...we'll happily continue speculating. I speculate that they fail in slowing down LMP2 enough to make ISC happy wrt the speeds, so they'll throw in another bus stop style chicane, further ruining the "track"
Safety > Anything else
Old 27 Jul 2013, 00:31 (Ref:3282059)   #183
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Can't we all just get along?

Quote:
"I guess many may wonder why I left Daytona off?" --- CyberMotor

That makes as much sense as the WEC dropping Le Mans.

So far, you are the only poster who has suggested dropping Daytona.

Andy Flinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Daytona is a lousy place to race sports cars, but it has been a lousy place to race sports cars for half-a-century. Becuase of the exploits of giants long ago, the track gets a shot at hosting the heros of today ... well, of next season.
Quote:
Maelochs, if you're waiting for the USCR to drop Daytona from the schedule next year - or any year after that - don't hold your breath.

Andy Flinn
Quote:
I won't be holding my breath either, but one may always hope.
Quote:
Quote:

Andy Flinn
Quote:
The baseball game doesn't start until 7. But don't worry, I just turned off the onboard stream I was watching. I hope that's ok with you. I'll be sure to clear my other viewing decisions with you ahead of time in the future.
The axes go outside, gentlemen.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 01:42 (Ref:3282088)   #184
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
The axes go outside, gentlemen.
Great how in every sort of discussion its own idea of one of the typical corollary of Godwin's Law comes along.
Whether it's one of the Scot[t]s (A/E) posting pictures of how losers have a sense of entitlement and winners embrace change, implying all the people who actually made their jobs possible in the first place where losers with a sense of entitlement, or whether it's now you putting an axe into the hands of those who dare and have an opposing opinion.

Read the forum poll/thread title and ask yourself: Isn't "drop daytona" a valid, on-topic opinion to be stated?!

You know what. Just for the sake of this meta-axe, I'll bury it now.

Here:

X
Old 27 Jul 2013, 02:51 (Ref:3282099)   #185
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope today proved to some people why Indy DOES NOT belong on the USCR schedule.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 03:25 (Ref:3282102)   #186
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funniest part of all this is AC Flinn attacking me for defending the choice of Daytona. He's a lot smoother than freeballin, but ... whatever dude.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 03:44 (Ref:3282105)   #187
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I hope today proved to some people why Indy DOES NOT belong on the USCR schedule.
Not the consensus of the drivers and teams I spoke to. Not to mention the fans or NASCAR.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 05:03 (Ref:3282130)   #188
ACFlinn
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Explain why please.

Andy Flinn
Old 27 Jul 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3282214)   #189
Lizardfolk
Rookie

Taiwan
Lizardfolk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how many adults are actually in this thread... You guys rage and bicker like preschoolers.

Now excuse me while I actually act like a fan and not some entitled 5 year old. Sheesh...
Old 27 Jul 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3282221)   #190
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I don't like Daytona road course (as most rovals) both from the TV-spectating point of view and as a simulation racer. But I must say, there's something very special about seeing different classes of sportscars running on that steep banking which almost makes up for the rest of the track. For that same reason lesser banked rovals like Indy GP course or worse Lauzsitsring are beyond tedious for me.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3282241)   #191
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well folks, here is your answer for next year for Mosport.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/19...portscar-event

Well deserved. If any track deserves a race on this schedule, especially with all of the money invested, it's Mosport.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3282254)   #192
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post
Well folks, here is your answer for next year for Mosport.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/19...portscar-event

Well deserved. If any track deserves a race on this schedule, especially with all of the money invested, it's Mosport.
It certainly is fantastic news ...even if it is a week old.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3282261)   #193
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Main reason to drop Indy is the same reason Rolex dropped Homestead ... no one know, or cares, or shows for the race.

Besides which most rovals are too much riding around on ovals and not enough turns. The limitation of having to squeeze everything into the infield can lead to some deadly dull (Daytona) tracks.

The positive is that fans can see so much from the bleachers. The reality is that the bleachers are about totally empty.