Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Dec 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3343570)   #26
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EDIT: It seems that the countdown on the left front is actually for the first part, after six hours there's a 145-min break, then comes another 6
Old 13 Dec 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3343575)   #27
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Safety car is out, any idea about what happens?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3343581)   #28
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was on Radio Lemans but its live timing and a tracker

https://livetiming.raceresults.nu/ab...screen-tracker

Apologies if its already been posted
Old 13 Dec 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3343582)   #29
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#95 Wolf in the wall in last corner
Jesus Fuster spun it
minor damage - will restart on next race
Old 13 Dec 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3343658)   #30
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Raceresult for the first 6h:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2013/s...ex.php?sec=re1

Full report in German is available in the Links above - as also Fotos
Old 13 Dec 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3343683)   #31
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
5 minutes to go.

1. #3 Black Falcon Mercedes
2. #1 AF Corse Ferrari
3. #11 Kessel
4. #7 M-Sport Bentley
5. #9 Gulf McLaren
Old 13 Dec 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3343684)   #32
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Oh, sorry, it's 5:53:39 to go...
Old 13 Dec 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3343685)   #33
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Live stream here (sort of).
Old 13 Dec 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3343740)   #34
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Splitting the screen between T&S and the trackmap is pretty entertaining, but I wish I had audio ... why did the leading car pit twice in a few laps, for instance? or was that a trackmap glitch?

Bleekemolen is always fast, and Black Falcon/Abu Dhabi is always fast. Beating AF Corse is no mean feat.

Also ... first race for the new Bentley boat and it is doing exceedingly well.

This race needs a video stream. Why am I paying so much for gas, if Gulf nations can't afford a video stream for an international race?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3343760)   #35
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also, does anyone know if the stat is accurate, No yellow flags and No code sixties after eight hours of racing?
Old 13 Dec 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3343853)   #36
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Congratulations to Black Falcon for a well-earned victory at the Gulf 12 Hours! These new era GT3 endurance races aren't really my forté as a fan and journalist but having checked out the highlight reel that Bentley GT3 sounds amazing!

Black Falcon the winner!
Old 14 Dec 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3343870)   #37
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If last year has been the Audi's year of GT endurance, then this year IMO can be referred to as the dynasty of SLS! Great job Bernd Schneider!
The pace of CN cars is embarrassing though. If they want them in the AsLMS, further BoP is required to make them faster than GT2s.
Old 15 Dec 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3344270)   #38
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
If last year has been the Audi's year of GT endurance, then this year IMO can be referred to as the dynasty of SLS! Great job Bernd Schneider!
This man has won 3 24h races (Dubai/Spa/Nürburgring) and 2 12h Races (Bathurst/Abu Dhabi) and failed just 1 (Sepang). He himself said that was one of the best seasons he ever had. Hope he just stays in endurance some seasons more

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
The pace of CN cars is embarrassing though. If they want them in the AsLMS, further BoP is required to make them faster than GT2s.
The pace was good before they dumped 60 kg of BoP-Handicap in the fastest one.

The organisators are not keen in seeing a CN perform too good as they think this could drive away some GT3-customers, which is their intended Top-class.

The problem this year for the CN was durability - unlike the other years. Up to now just the italian Wolf-team showed up at the 3 editions - I would rather like to see an competetive Tatuus or Norma-Team as competitors here.
Old 15 Dec 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3344322)   #39
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CN cars were more off the track than on the track this edition and are (from my point of view) only used to fill the grid.

In practice 1 the Wolf team willingly used a car that wasn't going to pass scrutineering as it didn't comply with the event regulations. That the team started to complain about being made slower and that they only had one fast driver was nonsense. The others didn't have the pace.

They know that if they keep doing this at some point they will not be allowed in in the future - not that it mattered much as they were only giving the rescue teams something to do.
Old 15 Dec 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3344324)   #40
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Also, does anyone know if the stat is accurate, No yellow flags and No code sixties after eight hours of racing?
There were yellow flags - but they weren't on the screens nor on timing.

As for live coverage - it's not up to the nations to provide us with streams but up to the event organisers. They opted to spend their money on other things to promote their series.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3344560)   #41
Maelochs
Veteran

Indeed, when I said "Gulf nations" I meant all the oil-rich sheiks out there.

I assume the simply don't care that much about the few thousand online viewers they might get because they already have enough cash to run the event, and I assume enough local publicity. It's not like I am going to support the sponsors of a race on the other side of the planet, and they know it.

I am just venting my frustration that I can't watch racing year-round.

Thanks for the note about the cautions/code 60s. Timing showed none for the entire two races which I found a bit hard to believe.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3344573)   #42
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Mind you the Trofeo Maserati was there as well. But since none of the events were on TV live they just walked around with camera's.

Then again, we're spoilt nowadays with live coverage and for a young event like this that is trying to establish its name having live video is something for the bucketlist ;-)
Old 18 Dec 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3345494)   #43
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
I guess with just 25 cars on the entry the money to be spent on Live-TV would be just too much per team
(Does anyone know what a live-stream-coverage with a team of 10 people costs?)

Also with less with 20 cars to last till the final hours there would be simply too less action. Just watching 15 Cars circling around can be boring.

A live-ticker would have been more helpful in the case of the last race
If morre money is theer i would first add Radio Le mans.
Live TV with less than 30 cars on the track is for me nonsense.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3345692)   #44
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
I guess with just 25 cars on the entry the money to be spent on Live-TV would be just too much per team
(Does anyone know what a live-stream-coverage with a team of 10 people costs?)

Also with less with 20 cars to last till the final hours there would be simply too less action. Just watching 15 Cars circling around can be boring.

A live-ticker would have been more helpful in the case of the last race
If morre money is theer i would first add Radio Le mans.
Live TV with less than 30 cars on the track is for me nonsense.
We did a live ticker on Twitter via @dscracelive ;-)